in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2010 4:34 PM by sinuhe. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2010 11:21 AM

Mac+Beoport+BM-link/Linkplayer: BASICS-help!

Hi,

Should I be able to listen to the sound from my BS4 (audiomaster) in the computer room (from the speakers connected to Beoport), if the BS4 is connected via ML to Beoport and that to my Mac (USB + minijack)? I CAN listen to N.MUSIC in the main room and control the front row in the Mac with Beo4, and therefore the connections are ok. It seems impossible to get the sound from the BS4 to the Beoport, though. Is it impossible? 

How about the same thing with linkplayer? Should I be able to use my Macs build-in speaskers EVEN when the sound goes out through minijack to the Beoport?

MANY thanks.

• 02-23-2010 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: Mac+Beoport+BM-link/Linkplayer: BASICS-help!

Hi, BM Link allow distribution of N.MUSIC and N.RADIO to all rooms. You can also control Frontrow in the office room, with a Beo4. You can also listen to the Mac sound in the office room on the speaker connected to Beoport, but not on the internal mac speakers. -- LinkPlayer allows you to listen to and control the main room sources in your office as well. In its current version, you'll have the same problem for the sound. The mini jack being used, the mac sound has to come through the Beolabs. Just in the case that you do not whish to distribute N.MUSIC to other rooms and do not want to use speakers on the Beoport, Linkplayer has a feature that allow you to use the internal Mac speakers to listen to Mac sound and all main sources as well. p.
  • 02-23-2010 2:54 PM In reply to

PhilLondon,

Thank you! You saved me a lot of time trying to do something impossible. 

In short, LinkPlayer is for me!

• 02-23-2010 4:01 PM In reply to

Ok, so now the problem is that I can't listen the main room (audiomaster, BS4) through my internal Mac speakers. I can control LinkPlayer by Beo4 to listen to Mac sources and so forth, but pressing LINK and CD does not start the BS4 and accordingly, there is no sound through Macs speakers. Is there something I still do terribly wrong?

• 02-23-2010 4:17 PM In reply to

Sinuhe,

Linkplayer is still a Beta. If something is not working as expected, please contact its developer (me) by following the procedure on this page: http://web.mac.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/Feedback.html

That will help improving the quality of the software as well as resolving your problem.

• 02-23-2010 4:34 PM In reply to

Great, 

Good job, I'm sure developing must be hard work. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)