in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2010 10:51 AM by macjonny1. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2010 2:13 PM

PIN questions/Beomaster 2400 & Beocenter 9000

Hi all! I am considering purchasing a Beomaster 2400 or a Beocenter 9000. It is my understanding (which is VERY limited) that both of these units have the DIN connections for phono and speakers? I have a B&O RX2 turntable that has RCA jacks. So I assume I'm going to have to buy an adaptor to hook up the RX2 to either of these receivers. I read somewhere that I would need a 5 pin male DIN to a 2 female RCA adaptor. I also read that these things cost about 50 bucks here in the US. Can anyone confirm for me that my understanding is correct? And, if so, is there anywhere to get these adpators cheaper?

As for the speakers, I've read different things. I have read that I can hook up my normal speakers (Polks) without an adaptor and then I have read that I would need some type of adaptors here as well??

I don't want to buy either of these units unless I know I can hook up my turntable and speakers. Also, do you guys have any strong opinions one way or another about either of these units? Obviously the Beocenter is much more expensive and has a CD player, but is it rally worth the extra coin?

Many thanks!!

Stickman

• 02-22-2010 4:28 PM In reply to

Re: PIN questions/Beomaster 2400 & Beocenter 9000

First, both the BM2400 and the BC9000 have built in RIAA on the PHONO in... so one hurdle out of the way.

The  RCA -to-> 5 PIN DIN is indeed what you need, but $50 sounds awful strong.

Polks are fine to connect, you don't need an adapter per se, but will need a pair of male 2 PIN DIN connectors.

Both items are regularly available on eBay or similar. Heck, I am sure I have both items sitting around???

They are both excellent, iconic pieces. The BM2400 is a classic (one of my favorites) and built like a tank. Most are due for either bulbs and/or caps now. The BC does offer the advantage of the built in CD player as well as TAPE. Problem is that the CD player is a known issue when the clamping mech fails. The BC doesn't ship as well, either. Watch out for sprung doors, cracks in the glass panels. The BC also has a much bigger footprint if location size is an issue.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-22-2010 7:16 PM In reply to

• jam57
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • Denver CO
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

Stickman

On e-bay "lazerwave" has  DIN adaptors and speaker plugs at reasonable prices. I agree with Jeff about the BM2400 , it is a classic.

John

• 02-23-2010 10:39 AM In reply to

Thanks for the info guys - much appreciated. That 2400 has my name all over it!!!

• 02-23-2010 10:51 AM In reply to

Check with Steve at soundsheavenly.com (link on this website).  He can make almost any cable/adapter you will need.  I just had him custom make a short .5cm female RCA to DIN adapter for my clearaudio turntable that had a male RCA cable already attached.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)