in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-23-2010 8:11 AM by burantek. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2010 2:55 AM

Apple TV question

morning chaps - i have an apple tv connected to a BV 7-40, with a pair of lab 9's and a BS9000.

I only use the apple tv to listen to my i-tunes library and extremely rarely use it to download a film. The problem that is bugging me and i can't seem to work out a solution, is that when i listen to music via the apple tv, the sound comes out of the centre speaker on the tv in conjunction with the lab 9's. I have the apple tv programmed as VMEM and connected to the tv via a HDMI lead to the HDMI ''a'' port. The BS9000 works absolutely fine coming out of 2 speakers when playing. I have the default settings for the TV set for 3 speakers and for MUSIC 2 speakers. I realise i can manually override it, by changing the default settings to 2 speakers each time, but wondered if anyone has a better solution?

many thanks

David

• 02-22-2010 8:58 AM In reply to

Re: Apple TV question

just an idea: why not connecting hte Audio Out of ATV to the Aux on BS9000? Then you use A.Aux for ATV Music and VMEM for ATV Video.

Think it is worth a try.

Heribert

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 02-22-2010 9:15 AM In reply to

There is unfortunately no way to change this. The AppleTV is connected with HDMI and IS a video source. The only solution is to manually override it. That is also something that bothers me as i still think B&O should allow individual settings for every input, Speakersetup, audiodelay etc. 

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 02-22-2010 10:18 AM In reply to

thanks guys - unfortunately the ATV sits on a bracket behind the 7-40 and is too far away from the BS9000 to connect to it.

Looks like it's going to be a manual process to turn off the centre speaker when listening to music

thanks again

David

• 02-22-2010 10:49 AM In reply to

I have no idea which remote you have, but if it's a Beo5 you could add a buttome specificaly for music which selects the source and switches to speaker 2.

• 02-22-2010 11:11 AM In reply to

I have a Beo4 remote at the moment.

thanks

David

• 02-22-2010 11:22 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Does the Apple-TV puts out Audio on the analog RCA sockets simoultanesly to HDMI? Than you could just add an RCA-audiocable (e.g. 10m long) and connect the Apple TV to the A.Aux port of your BS9000.

• 02-22-2010 2:44 PM In reply to

Does using the 'AV' function maker any difference?

• 02-22-2010 3:29 PM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

I have a similar set-up using the HDMI. Just program the DTV button for the ATV and use "pmute" (picture mute) and the center speaker will shut off.

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 02-22-2010 4:58 PM In reply to

TWG:

Does the Apple-TV puts out Audio on the analog RCA sockets simoultanesly to HDMI?

yes it does

• 02-22-2010 5:23 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

This discussion is very interesting to me as I'd like to use one ATV as both an audio and a video source (at separate times).  In these forums, I've posed the question before as to whether or not it would be possible to do so and not have the LCD panel ever turn on (i.e. not have to hit the Picture Mute button as Affineur suggests).  I've been told it's possible here on the forum, but I've had dealers dispute this.  Here's the thread where I asked the question:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/30729.aspx

I've also wondered if the same ATV could have some of it's outputs go to an audio source whilst still having video (via an HDMI) go to a video source.  I'm led to believe that you could connect an audio source (via Toslink or RCA) to the ATV for audio and still have it connected to a video source via HDMI.  Does anyone here think otherwise regarding the ATV's ability to simultaneously have two connected output sources?

Mark

P.S.  I haven't been able to tests these hypotheses as I don't currently have a BV-7, and my lowly BV-8 is broken.

Mark D
  • 02-22-2010 10:00 PM In reply to

I can see how that works. I had at some point my BL3s connected to my BV8. If I would put in a CD or switch the BC2 to AUX on the the Lab 3 would turn on.

So if you run another wire to your Beosound or Beocenter or whatever you use you should be able to listen to ATV without switching on the TV, i.e. use it through Ipod touch remote or Iphone.

I did switch my to be directly connected to my BC2 as it sounds much much better this way when I play music. My ATV runs Boxee to play videos on BV8 and then at the same time I can switch my BC2 to AUX and use Ipod Touch to remote control it for music.

I don't know how this works without Beosound, just Beovision.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-23-2010 8:11 AM In reply to

BeoNut1:
    I've also wondered if the same ATV could have some of it's outputs go to an audio source whilst still having video (via an HDMI) go to a video source.  I'm led to believe that you could connect an audio source (via Toslink or RCA) to the ATV for audio and still have it connected to a video source via HDMI.  Does anyone here think otherwise regarding the ATV's ability to simultaneously have two connected output sources?

I have one connected that way... no issues.

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)