in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2010 8:33 AM by Beobuddy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2010 10:42 AM

• Sykes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-28-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Enable Input 1 on Avant Dolby Decoder panel

Hi all 

I have an 32" 100Hz DVD Avant, pre-fitted with a Dolby Digital decoder panel, which includes powerlink output sockets for front, rear and centre speakers,  and 2 spdif input sockets (phono types or Coax)

Together with that I have a Mac Mine I'm using as Media centre I have set up the Camcord input as V.AUX and connect the V-input in the Camcord panel. that is working fine. If I also connect phono to Coax cable to the same  panel I have Stereo but of course no Surround sound 

If I want to use the Digital output from the Mac mini using the Toslink output (fibre optic in the mini jack) and covert the signal to Coax connected to the Input 1 of the Decoder Panel (where my 2 Beolab 5 are connected togerther with some old back speaker)

I am not getting any sound !!  I need somehow to enable the digital input from my Mac when I'm in V.AUX mode, can any one help

I have been looking for someone with same problem but did not find any....

Thanks

Filed under:
  • 02-21-2010 12:43 PM In reply to

Re: Enable Input 1 on Avant Dolby Decoder panel

I think the problem is that you need the Mac Mini also connected to the corresponding SCART socket - not sure if that is possible? The problem will be that the video will come through as S-Video.

• 02-21-2010 3:57 PM In reply to

As Peter mentions,

You have 2 digital inputs. A phone jacket nr.1 and nr.2.

Digital input nr. 1 corresponds with the "AV" scart.

Digital input nr. 2 correponds with the "Decoder" scart.

So normally you have video and stereo audio through one scart. But when Dolby Digital or DTS is provided on the corresponding digital input, only then the avant will switch.

So if you provide video and audio on the Camcorder (VAux) input, the avant will not look/scan at one of the digital inputs.

For that (an extra digital input for the Camcorder-input), you'll need to mount an extra cable inside to one of the free white sockets on the soundmodule called  "DVB". But then you'll need to know what you're doing.

• 02-22-2010 1:53 AM In reply to

• Sykes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-28-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Hi Peter and Beobuddy

Thanks for taking the time to help me out Smile

Idea I will then use one of the scart input in the Avant by using one of the scart plugs with S-Video input and the corresponding Digital input.  

I will be looking forward to my first movie with Dolby sorrround sound, Thanks a lot

//Sykes

• 02-22-2010 4:13 AM In reply to

Beobuddy:

As Peter mentions,

You have 2 digital inputs. A phone jacket nr.1 and nr.2.

Digital input nr. 1 corresponds with the "AV" scart.

Digital input nr. 2 correponds with the "Decoder" scart.

So normally you have video and stereo audio through one scart. But when Dolby Digital or DTS is provided on the corresponding digital input, only then the avant will switch.

So if you provide video and audio on the Camcorder (VAux) input, the avant will not look/scan at one of the digital inputs.

For that (an extra digital input for the Camcorder-input), you'll need to mount an extra cable inside to one of the free white sockets on the soundmodule called  "DVB". But then you'll need to know what you're doing.

Hello beobuddy,

is this mounting of an extra cable also possible for a BV3-32 and would a dealer know how to do it? I have two RGB SCART connections, but the second one is not looking at the digital input, but the third non-RGB SCART connection.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Frank

• 02-22-2010 8:33 AM In reply to

Hallo Frank,

It is correct that only one scart supports RGB and has digital audio, that's the AV socket.

The other "decoder" socket is only composite and has digital audio.

Unfortunatly this extra lead doesn't give you an extra RGB option, because the Camera/VAux is the same as the Decoder, just composite.

Only in my situation (a BV5 with DVI module), it provides me an extra DVI videosocket with stereo through the Camcorder or digital audio through the extra placed cable.

The module on a avant 32 is basically the same as the BS2, BV5. But internally the software of the chassis can make a little difference. So you'll need a bit of experimenting. Something I've done a lot the past month's.

As you can see here:  http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/32124.aspx

Here a picture of the white sockets on the board:

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)