in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-20-2010 12:18 PM by Dave. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-19-2010 8:35 AM

Beotime

Hi everyone

I've just recently bought a Beotime and thought I'd pass on my observations on its daily use.

At first before purchasing, I wondered what the point of it was. Every morning I wake up to the radio from my BS9000 linked from my lounge. It even knows I have a long lie in on Sundays and Mondays, so it stays reverently quiet. It even switches off if I forget and leave for work without manually doing so.

But, I had to have the Beotime as sometimes my demands change, so I thought the alarm part would be good. I've been using it for several weeks now and can say I am very pleased with all aspects. The alarm tone just has to be one of the most gentle awakening experiences (unless any fellow Beoworlder can think of a better way to wake up, nudge nudge, say no more!). There is a very slight delay until the radio starts up. Perfect. To stop the alarm and commence the snooze period, I just have to outstretch my arm and lightly tap my bedside cabinet. The vibration passes to Beotime, and the alarm stops.

Its great at nightime as one press will switch off lights and source, or I can manually switch off lights then allow the timer to switch off the source.

I've really enjoyed this little bit of kit, but one of the best bits is the actual appearance of the unit. It looks sooo sexy and alluring. When I entertain, I reposition it where guests can see it, because I love showing off all of my kit, and its wasted in the bedroom on such occasions (unless I want to entertain someone in my chamber). People are already green with envy at my B&O stuff, and the Beotime just adds on another wow factor.

To anyone thinking about buying one, I'd say go for it, even though you may not be able to totally justify it from a functional point of view, I think it's soooo B&O.

Brian

• 02-20-2010 12:18 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beotime

Laughing Great post!!!!!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)