in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:44 PM by elms. 1,786 replies.
Page 64 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2011 12:23 PM In reply to

Re: Flash your B&O!

The entertainment room

Now fully functional with all the devices connected

• 11-03-2011 12:56 PM In reply to

I like that attyca and of course the Beosound Wink

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 11-03-2011 2:45 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

EdouardG:

Here they are:

And to show how it should look like with black BL9:

Eduard,

Extremely well done cabling job!!! Excelent!

Karel.

Thanks a lot Karel, I finally managed, thanks to all of you, to do something clean Smile

Now I wait for the precious to be delivered tomorrow!

Cheers

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 11-03-2011 6:39 PM In reply to

faisaljeelani:

The entertainment room

Now fully functional with all the devices connected

Nice setup "faisaljelaani". I like your setup with the "old" Attyca 2 furnitureSmile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 11-03-2011 8:16 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

EdouardG:

Here they are:

Hey! Well done i love the colour choices, very nice and bold, it would also look rather nice having the setup more spaced out imho

The BV10 and BV9 and such nice designs, very different! I am sure you would benefit from alot of thick carpet there.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-05-2011 2:09 PM In reply to

• beopuig
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2010
    • Barcelona-Catalonia
    • Posts 68
    • Bronze Member

My new beoarrangements

• 11-05-2011 2:23 PM In reply to

OH MY GOSH  WOW   AND... BARCELONA!!!

• 11-05-2011 2:37 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Dave:

Hey! Well done i love the colour choices, very nice and bold, it would also look rather nice having the setup more spaced out imho

The BV10 and BV9 and such nice designs, very different! I am sure you would benefit from alot of thick carpet there.

Thanks Dave!

The red BL9 weren't mine but those lent by my dealer to try them at home.

I chose the black one that have just been delivered yesterday (check my post on "the unboxing topic").

My wife and I ordered a large carpet that should be delivered very soon.

I'll show you how it looks.

Cheers and nice week-end!

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-05-2011 3:50 PM In reply to

Wow looks fabulous!  is that Apple TV i see on your beautiful BV10?  BL9's are quite cute, they remind me of ET when he had a cloak on!

• 11-05-2011 4:08 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Hi my friend!

How are you?

Thanks for your kind comment.

Yes, I use the Apple Tv 2 for listening to the music...If the BS9000 wasn't that nice, I think I would sell it as I don't use it anymore now...

When I saw the BL9 at the first time, it wasn't love at first sight...It's a little bit like some watches I didn't love at the beginning and that I adore now...tastes can change when I get used to the design. Something like being shocked by a painting or music, with time, you get used to it and can enjoy forever.

Cheers

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-05-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

Hi Edouard

Im fantastic thank you! Just driven up to the Lake District for 2 days of swimming and boating!

Yes totally agree with you over the art etc. Your whole room is looking beautiful, elegant and stylish but homely too! The Apple TV when playing music display looks beautifully designed and certainly compliments the BV10.

Yes it's a real shame the BS9000 wasnt expanded to allow wifi streaming of iTunes with it or even an iPod dock to it but totally hear were you are coming from. Even I havnt played a CD since at least 2009. I was tempted to buy Blu-Ray but when i ask my young friends they turn their nose up and regard all these formats as yesterday's thing compared to the download! (Apple are reported to be dropping their dvd/cd drives from their 2012 laptops etc)

I very much love that BS8 of yours too.

• 11-05-2011 6:19 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Paul Winn:

Hi Edouard

Im fantastic thank you! Just driven up to the Lake District for 2 days of swimming and boating!

Yes totally agree with you over the art etc. Your whole room is looking beautiful, elegant and stylish but homely too! The Apple TV when playing music display looks beautifully designed and certainly compliments the BV10.

Yes it's a real shame the BS9000 wasnt expanded to allow wifi streaming of iTunes with it or even an iPod dock to it but totally hear were you are coming from. Even I havnt played a CD since at least 2009. I was tempted to buy Blu-Ray but when i ask my young friends they turn their nose up and regard all these formats as yesterday's thing compared to the download! (Apple are reported to be dropping their dvd/cd drives from their 2012 laptops etc)

I very much love that BS8 of yours too.

Thanks again Paul, your compliments touch me!

Cheers my friend

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-05-2011 7:46 PM In reply to

Hey Edouard,

How would you judge the picture quality of the Apple TV on the BV10?

• 11-05-2011 8:26 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Well, the picture quality is excellent with HD videos bought from iTunes (like Tron Legacy) but aren't as perfect as a Blu-Ray read with my PS3.

I think it's not because of the Apple Tv or PS3 quality, but only because of the file size that is much bigger on a Blu-Ray compared to a downloaded HD video.

As I have my whole music collection (ALAC audio files only) and most of my DVD's in my iMac (Itunes), i'm very happy with the Atv 2 that makes me stream everything to my BV10.

It's worth the 119€ and I feel that the audio seems to be better when sent to the Apple TV 2 compared to music sent to the Airport Express.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Paul

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-05-2011 11:37 PM In reply to

EdouardG:
    I think it's not because of the Apple Tv or PS3 quality, but only because of the file size that is much bigger on a Blu-Ray compared to a downloaded HD video.

iTunes' "HD" is 720p - there are rumours that Apple are gearing up for 1080p, and the ATV2 only supports 720p (at least "only today").

The PS3 would be driving the BV10 at 1080P and so looks better because the source is better as BluRay discs are almost certainly containing 1080p material.

EdouardG:
    It's worth the 119€ and I feel that the audio seems to be better when sent to the Apple TV 2 compared to music sent to the Airport Express.

I agree it is well worth the price.

The sound quality difference is because through the Airport Express you are using Apple's digital to analogue audio converter, but with the ATV2 the audio signal is sent in digital form along the HDmI cable and you have a better, more expensive, B&O digital to analogue converter inside the BV10 working for you 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-06-2011 7:07 AM In reply to

Edouard! Thank you for that. Apple TV is the route for me as i'm a little concerned over the future of Blu-Ray now plus remember how horribly fragile those DVDs were? A lot of mine simply don't play anymore.

I think you've got an amazing sound system in your BV10 with ATV  it certainly seems a more reliable idea than using the BS5 Encore/BS5 which seem to do less than an iPod when it comes to gapless & playlists (something I use all of the time due to my continuous mixes that I make) & continuous radio shows.

Thanks also Elephant!

• 11-06-2011 7:59 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

elephant:

EdouardG:

iTunes' "HD" is 720p - there are rumours that Apple are gearing up for 1080p, and the ATV2 only supports 720p (at least "only today").

The PS3 would be driving the BV10 at 1080P and so looks better because the source is better as BluRay discs are almost certainly containing 1080p material.

EdouardG:

I agree it is well worth the price.

The sound quality difference is because through the Airport Express you are using Apple's digital to analogue audio converter, but with the ATV2 the audio signal is sent in digital form along the HDmI cable and you have a better, more expensive, B&O digital to analogue converter inside the BV10 working for you 

Hi Elephant,

Your reply is very helpful cause I wasn't sure if it was me or the audio quality that sounds better with the ATV2, now I understand.

My BS9000 with an Airport Express plugged to it seems useless nowSad it's just a nice piece of art in my living-room...

Hope iTunes will supply HD 1080p HD videos soon.

Have a nice sunday

Paul Winn:

Edouard! Thank you for that. Apple TV is the route for me as i'm a little concerned over the future of Blu-Ray now plus remember how horribly fragile those DVDs were? A lot of mine simply don't play anymore.

I think you've got an amazing sound system in your BV10 with ATV  it certainly seems a more reliable idea than using the BS5 Encore/BS5 which seem to do less than an iPod when it comes to gapless & playlists (something I use all of the time due to my continuous mixes that I make) & continuous radio shows.

Thanks also Elephant!

You're welcome!

You'll have good moments with your ATV2.

I ripped most of my dvd's to get rid of them...It takes so much place, now they are in my garage resting in boxes.

Don't forget to share your thoughts when you're delivered of the Apple TV 2.

Cheers

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-06-2011 9:09 AM In reply to

Ripping DVDs sounds an excellent idea instead of me rebuying them on iTunes. I have a fab MacBook can you recommend the software to rip DVDs please?

I hate seeing DVD boxes around the apartment. Whereas books look fabulous, I really think DVDs and CDs look really tacky in a house!

I was planning on the BV11 but i'm holding out for an Apple OLED tv now i reckon!

• 11-06-2011 9:31 AM In reply to

Paul Winn:

I have a fab MacBook can you recommend the software to rip DVDs please?

I have used handbrake, it is free.  One think about ripping DVDs is that they take much longer than CDs. In my experience a CD can ripped at up to 10x the speed of its play time - a DVD is almost 1:1 so as Handbrake itself jokes: once you have started a rip go and make a cocktail !

I have also used MakeMKV, but to be honest I can't remember why I tried it (it was something to do with the capture formats) and now my demo version has expired.

There are also commercial (money!) tools available that may be better.

Search the forums for "handbrake" you will find that quite a few of the posters use it.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-06-2011 11:11 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

elephant:

Paul Winn:

I have a fab MacBook can you recommend the software to rip DVDs please?

I have used handbrake, it is free.  One think about ripping DVDs is that they take much longer than CDs. In my experience a CD can ripped at up to 10x the speed of its play time - a DVD is almost 1:1 so as Handbrake itself jokes: once you have started a rip go and make a cocktail !

I have also used MakeMKV, but to be honest I can't remember why I tried it (it was something to do with the capture formats) and now my demo version has expired.

There are also commercial (money!) tools available that may be better.

Search the forums for "handbrake" you will find that quite a few of the posters use it.

The commercial tool I use is DVDFab.  You can archive your DVDs and BluRays to hard disk (server or local machine) and play them back as though they were still on disk.  In the current edition of Windows 7 Media Center, this is actually broken and won't work.

What it will also do, among a bazillion different uses, is convert DVDs and BluRays to playback formats on virtually any device.  It supports formats for iPad, iPod, iPhone, Windows, Droid, BlackBerry, PSP, etc.

It also has a BluRay 2D to 3D convertor, which I have not tried.

I probably use it most these days to take one of my kids movies, say "Toy Story 3," and put it on a blank DVD for the car.  DVDFab will essentially strip all the non-movie stuff from the disc you purchased, and make a disc that automatically plays the movie when you insert the disc into the playback machine.  There is no FBI warning (here in the US), no "Top Menu," and only the single audio track you choose to put on it.  This is extremely useful for those of us who take road trips with our kids.  Not only do we not have to wait for the movie to load to the top menu, then do the navigation necessary to start the movie, we create a disc we can don't care about ruining in the car.  The original is safely stuck on a shelf waiting to be copied for the next road trip.

In the United States, this may or may not be legal, depending on whose opinion you believe (just like in the 1980s it may or may not have been legal to record an LP onto cassette to play on your walkman or in your car).

Of course, this software can also be used in a strictly illegal way to copy discs borrowed from a library or rented at a kiosk or through Netflix.

On my quad core Windows 7 machine with 8 gigs of RAM, it takes about 5 minutes to copy a DVD to my hard drive.  It then takes about 12 minutes to burn a "stripped" copy to blank DVD from the hard drive.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 11-06-2011 12:37 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Paul Winn:

Ripping DVDs sounds an excellent idea instead of me rebuying them on iTunes. I have a fab MacBook can you recommend the software to rip DVDs please?

I hate seeing DVD boxes around the apartment. Whereas books look fabulous, I really think DVDs and CDs look really tacky in a house!

I was planning on the BV11 but i'm holding out for an Apple OLED tv now i reckon!

As Elephant, I use Handbrake to rip my dvd's on my iMac.

It's very simple to use, free, and you can choose a lot of different formats (Apple formats included).

Another freeware I use sometimes is Adapter.

I downloaded it to rip some YouTube videos or other videos from the web (i.e Bang & Olufsen website videos).

It's pretty simple too.

But to me the most powerful is handbrake.

Cheers

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 11-06-2011 3:30 PM In reply to

Thank you Elephant and Edouard plus Rich that sounds awesome - im cetainly gonna give that a try too!

Thanks guys i will never miss having to reload a DVD ever again!!!

• 11-06-2011 5:18 PM In reply to

beopuig:

I totally love your vintage oriented systems! Is it two pairs of S-60/S-75's you are using? Smile

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 11-06-2011 6:24 PM In reply to

I just 'copy' and 'paste' the picture in to the text box! Much easier!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-07-2011 4:09 AM In reply to

• beopuig
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2010
    • Barcelona-Catalonia
    • Posts 68
    • Bronze Member

Søren Hammer:

beopuig:

I totally love your vintage oriented systems! Is it two pairs of S-60/S-75's you are using? Smile

Thanks Soren. They are S60.
    Maybe I am wrong, but for me the actual charm of the brand are the vintage systems. This is like good wine, in general, the older,  the better, provided that they are from good years. Newer systems  probably sound better, have more fancy gadgets and stat-of-the-art applications,  but they lack this special taste and character  of vintage wine/systems. I think that they even have a soul!
Page 64 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > ... Last »