in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:44 PM by elms. 1,786 replies.
Page 18 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-22-2010 11:17 AM In reply to

Re: Flash your B&O!

TripEnglish:

There seems to be a rash of "too high" TVs on the last few pages. Do you guys rush into the first few rows in a movie theater!?

In addition to the restriction of blood-flow, your blink rate also increases when your neck is bent back which relates to detail retention and overall enjoyment. Essentially you're seeing less and enjoying less of what you're watching. 

Totally agree with you. If that TV would be on it's original foot instead of the stripper pole, it would be better for watching ánd it's better looking too (and probably much much easier).

• 08-22-2010 11:48 AM In reply to

I'm really more concerned about Marc's setup. To spend that amount of money and then cripple the sound and picture with that setup is appalling.

The TV I experience this all the time, where a client is willing to spend nearly $100,000 on equipment, but the idea of cutting into walls to perfect the installation horrifies them. It baffles me. You could sheetrock, tape, and paint that entire room again for the cost of the rear channels! 

The reality is that even the highest end clients will often invest in systems like these once in their lives. It's often more to do with age and interest than finances. This means that they will have no insights into the best practices of system design and installation until after living with the system. A qualified dealer will have these best practices at their fingertips and it is up to them to advocate for the client, even when the client insists otherwise. 

Hanging a TV that high is ridiculous and it may as well be hung upside down. The cost of the system has been wasted before we even attend to the BeoLab 2's inclusion.

The BeoLab 10 It's also worth mentioning that the acoustic lens has a very tight vertical dispersion and raising it above your head is robbing you of its effect. You'd be better off with the theoretically less ideal BeoLab 7-6 in order to bring the TV down to an acceptable height.

The Sub This is alarming and, while I agree that the dealer was probably not trying to sell the BeoLab 2 on the sly, the alternative is almost more worrisome: your dealer does not understand the fundamentals of the product he's selling. You've essentially purchased a sports car and placed skateboards under the back wheels, imagining that the "rear wheels kick in when the car gets up to speed." Any effect you're experiencing is psychological and not borne out by the technical reality of the system. You should thank Soundproof for chiming in so forcefully. I know that many were wowed by the overall tableaux of the room, but frankly it's more impressive on the invoice than in the room.

Hopefully you can take steps to improve the setup in the room by repurposing the sub elsewhere and investing in the modest amount of time and money required to relocate the cabinet and gear and lower the television so that not only is the screen at the ideal viewing height, but the acoustic lens is closer in line with the front channels. Then you'll be getting the most out of your admirable investment. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 08-22-2010 3:57 PM In reply to

Totally agree with Trip,

Amen  Left Hug

• 08-22-2010 4:16 PM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

The BeoLab 10 It's also worth mentioning that the acoustic lens has a very tight vertical dispersion and raising it above your head is robbing you of its effect. You'd be better off with the theoretically less ideal BeoLab 7-6 in order to bring the TV down to an acceptable height.

I Can assure you that the acoustic lens of BL 10 is slightly below the listeners ears, so therefore for perfectly placed for that purpose

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

• 08-22-2010 7:19 PM In reply to

There is absolutely no way the effect is as potent at that height. When you finally lower it to the appropriate height you will be pleased with the result.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 08-23-2010 11:03 AM In reply to

• wnannings
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

My pictures:

• 08-23-2010 11:07 AM In reply to

• wnannings
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Stick out tongue [:P] Re: Flash your B&O!

• 08-23-2010 11:09 AM In reply to

• wnannings
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Unsure [:S] Re: Flash your B&O!

wnannings:

• 08-23-2010 11:15 AM In reply to

wnannings:

wnannings:

Very nice :) The BV3 looks great in that set up!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 08-23-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

@wnannings,

beautiful interior. Yes -  thumbs up

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 08-23-2010 12:04 PM In reply to

wnannings that is a very elegant display of your equipment and your home looks very nice.

• 08-23-2010 2:10 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

New and old Big Smile

PIC_0010.jpg picture by evman140

Evan

• 08-23-2010 2:25 PM In reply to

evman140:

New and old Big Smile

Beautiful symbiosis.

I love Serena. Lucky you. Smile

Congratulations.

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 08-23-2010 2:52 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

alenvprekrsku:

evman140:

New and old Big Smile

Beautiful symbiosis.

I love Serena. Lucky you. Smile

Congratulations.

Thank you very much! I have always wanted one and finally got it. Big Smile

Evan

• 08-23-2010 2:56 PM In reply to

-Dimitris

• 08-23-2010 3:40 PM In reply to

yet another slick setup very nice DrDimitris.

• 08-24-2010 4:59 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:
    Do you guys rush into the first few rows in a movie theater!?

yes 

I did when I was 16 ... the first 5 rows were cheaper ... and the lucky buggers with their birds had the back row ... and the adults hogged the middle rows

And I still like to sit close enough that the screen covers all of my coke-bottle to coke-bottle view of life

( = ) ± ( = ) 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-24-2010 5:22 AM In reply to

Cliff has emailed this to me, and asked me to post it on his behalf.

The picture is of Cliff's new set-up; his brand new BV7-40 (the brand new MacMini is hung behind out of sight, on a bracket), the Overture and BeoLab 8000s and a BeoLab 2.

The iPad for LinkPlayer control (among other things is on the coffee table), out of sight are a pair of ceiling level Beolab 4000s.

Cliff's BV3 with B&O VHS and DVD 1 is in another room at the other end of the house (together with a collection of desk top Macs).

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-24-2010 6:10 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Lovely! I like "cables in the wall"! Yes -  thumbs up

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 08-24-2010 7:21 AM In reply to

Cliff and DrDimitris you have a great collection. Beautifull!

• 08-24-2010 12:07 PM In reply to

Thank you markiedee and alenvprekrsku. With the help of STB brackets behind my BV7 is a Beomedia1 and i am just waiting for the right time for a BL2 to complete my home cinema setup. Smile

-Dimitris

• 08-25-2010 1:09 AM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Hi Elephant,

Any chance of getting a close up pic, or description, of how Cliff's cables for the BL8000's (i.e. mains and PL) go into the wall plates? It looks like they pass through, rather than plug into any sockets on the wall plates? If you could let me know the method used, I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Matthew

• 08-25-2010 3:58 AM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

Hi Matthew,

I actually have the powerlink cable coming out from under the powerpoint (ie. down the wall cavity and using the hole of the powerpoint). That way I have the powerlink cable come out and then into the rubber profile (as B&O call it) together with the power cable. It looks like one then without cutting cables etc.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll email a photo.

Peter

• 08-28-2010 3:14 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

New B&O purchase :-)

• 08-28-2010 3:58 AM In reply to

BEAUTIFUL

Page 18 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last »