in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:44 PM by elms. 1,786 replies.
Page 16 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2010 3:11 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Flash your B&O!

A really great picture!

Stefan

• 08-16-2010 4:03 PM In reply to

stefan:

A really great picture!

Stefan

Sure is! Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-16-2010 8:13 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

OK, I'll join...

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 08-17-2010 3:56 AM In reply to

S45 pub edition! Love the fret! Laughing

-mika

• 08-17-2010 4:13 AM In reply to

tournedos:

S45 pub edition! Love the fret! Laughing

Same here.

You can get the S45's in the UK but I suspect that you wont find that beer!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-17-2010 7:05 AM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Front

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

• 08-17-2010 7:09 AM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

rear

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

• 08-17-2010 7:12 AM In reply to

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 08-17-2010 7:24 AM In reply to

Marc,

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 08-17-2010 11:50 AM In reply to

Congrat, Marc, but, two things that I haven't understood:

Why a BL 2 with a pair of BL5? Confused

Why is the BV4 mounted so high?

Anyway, a great set up! Yes -  thumbs up

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 08-17-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

xegoon:

Congrat, Marc, but, two things that I haven't understood:

Why a BL 2 with a pair of BL5? Confused

Why is the BV4 mounted so high?

Anyway, a great set up! Yes -  thumbs up

Many thanks for the compliments.

Answering your questions: My dealer advised me: In order to have full Dolby 5.1 sound quality while watching DVD it is advisable to have BL2 as sound engineers lay specific information on the subwoofer channel only which would otherwise be not lost but reduced. Actually I did try it out: A set up with and without BL2 and I have to say that while watching DVD the sound is crisper and punchier (of course most noticeable with action movies). But you are also right: A BL2 is not a must to go with BL5

The BL4 is mounted so high because otherwise the cabinet would not have had enough space. Actually I find it quite pleasant not to have to view down while watching. 

• 08-17-2010 12:19 PM In reply to

Marc:

The BL4 is mounted so high because otherwise the cabinet would not have had enough space. Actually I find it quite pleasant not to have to view down while watching. 

I would agree here...I find it strange that many B&O TVs/stands require a downward view.

• 08-17-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

macjonny1:

Marc:

I would agree here...I find it strange that many B&O TVs/stands require a downward view.

It's a physiological thing: the blood circulation to your brain doesn't work as well if your neck is tilted back. I guess that improves most movies and TV shows, though Big Smile This is why you haven't seen office monitors sitting on top of the main unit any more since 20 years or so. Seating arrangement is usually different though, but still I find it most comfortable when the screen is mostly below eye level.

If I may say so, visually the BL10 doesn't quite benefit from a rectangular thing under it... but that may be just my opinion.

-mika

• 08-17-2010 1:39 PM In reply to

Marc:

Answering your questions: My dealer advised me: In order to have full Dolby 5.1 sound quality while watching DVD it is advisable to have BL2 as sound engineers lay specific information on the subwoofer channel only which would otherwise be not lost but reduced.

Unfortunately, your dealer doesn't have a clue and probably didn't know how to set up your system correctly, in order to feed the subwoofer signal (LFE) to your BL5s. A properly set up BL5 5.1 surround would completely obliterate whatever the BL2 is trying to push into the room. My own BL5s literally make my apartment and the apartment below move about during action movies ...

That said, congratulations on a beautiful set-up, which radiates good taste - and a belated congrat's to Acanthus, who keeps revealing more and more of his great living spaces.

===

BeoLab 5 spec's:

Cut-off 440Hz for the calibrated bass.
    Power amplifier upper bass 1000W Class D ICEPower®
    Power amplifier lower bass 1000W Class D ICEPower®
    Effective frequency range 20 - 440Hz

BeoLab 2 spec's

Long-term maximum output power 850 watts
    Effective Frequency range* 23 - 120 Hz (upper limit determined by setup)

BL5 lower bass has comparable cut-off to the BL2, but bests the BL2 with an additional 1150 watts of power (while also sporting a substantially greater volume of liters of air moved pr impulse of sub-woofer, with 2x38cm drivers!).

The BL2 has a system where the moving diaphragms are 2x25cm, and one passive diaphragm of the same size.

It's a question of ensuring that the LFE and lower bass goes to your BL5s, instead of being sent to the BL2, which is the case now. The BL5s go lower and are more powerful than what the BL2 can dream of achieving.

• 08-17-2010 2:50 PM In reply to

i agree,

besides it would have been more difficult hide all the cables,BS3 and connection with STB.....without the cabinet

IMHO a beosound 7.6 would be greater in this setup than Beolab10...

BTW really nice setup,congratulations!!!

• 08-17-2010 3:10 PM In reply to

• Odd88
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2010
    • Norway
    • Posts 86
    • Gold Member

soundproof:

The BL2 has a system where the moving diaphragms are 2x25cm, and one passive diaphragm of the same size.

it's actually opposite, 2 passive and 1 active...

Blame google translate for my bad EnglishStick out tongue

My Bang & Olufsen.

• Beovision 8-40
    • Beosound 9000
    • Beolab: 5/3/2/8000
    • Beo 5 / Beo 4 / Beotime
    • Form 2 / A8 Earphones
  • 08-17-2010 3:14 PM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

I Found the BL10 with acustic lens technology more appealing than BL 7.2.

Also I heard that the sound of BL7.2 is not so good

• 08-17-2010 3:33 PM In reply to

Odd88:

soundproof:

it's actually opposite, 2 passive and 1 active...

Aha! So the info here should be corrected, then? I used that for reference.

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=364

Do you know the volume of air the BL2 shifts per impulse?

• 08-17-2010 3:49 PM In reply to

Marc:

I Found the BL10 with acustic lens technology more appealing than BL 7.2. (...) 

That's right Yes -  thumbs up And visualy, the rectangle/triangle combination is very nice Smile

(...) Also I heard that the sound of BL7.2 is not so good

The BL 7-2 is a stunning stand alone speaker, but for 5.1 set ups doesn't work very well No - thumbs down

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 08-17-2010 3:58 PM In reply to

• Odd88
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2010
    • Norway
    • Posts 86
    • Gold Member

soundproof:

yes that info should be corrected.

i have no clue off the volume of air the BL2 shifts per impulse, but I'm pretty sure it is much less than the beolab 5 shifts Smile

Blame google translate for my bad EnglishStick out tongue

My Bang & Olufsen.

• Beovision 8-40
    • Beosound 9000
    • Beolab: 5/3/2/8000
    • Beo 5 / Beo 4 / Beotime
    • Form 2 / A8 Earphones
  • 08-17-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Odd88:

soundproof:

Actually I found that the 2 (BL2 and BL5) work together quite fine. When BL2 reaches its maximum, BL5 steps in. The sound in action movies is massive. Much better than in any cinema. Luckily my neighbors are away very often :-)

yes that info should be corrected.

i have no clue off the volume of air the BL2 shifts per impulse, but I'm pretty sure it is much less than the beolab 5 shifts Smile

• 08-17-2010 5:07 PM In reply to

Marc:

Actually I found that the 2 (BL2 and BL5) work together quite fine. When BL2 reaches its maximum, BL5 steps in. The sound in action movies is massive. Much better than in any cinema. Luckily my neighbors are away very often :-)

Marc, I'm pretty certain you've been cheated of a very nice experience. Due to how a B&O system is set up, your BL5s aren't getting any LFE and are also not using the subwoofer much when you watch movies ...

Unless there's been some trickery in setup, all the LFE (Low Frequency Effects) and subwoofer info, is going to the BL2. It's kind of weird not to be taking advantage of 2x38cm subwoofers.

Which is why I was fortright enough to write that your dealer didn't have a clue if he thought a BL2 would be of use together with BL5s. For movies, you now have a 2x1500W BL5 setup, not 2x2500W. And that's why your dealer thinks you need the BL2s - no wonder, since the BL5s aren't doing anything at all with the information that action movies are filled with.

As Odd pointed out above, you have ONE active diaphragm on the BL2, with a 25cm diameter, that's 37% of the surface that your BL5's subwoofers want to work with, if given a chance, to set air in motion in your room.

You have a BeoSystem 3. Disconnect the BL2, and set the system up to send the subwoofer info to the BL5s - it might be a revelation.

• 08-17-2010 5:27 PM In reply to

Congratulations on a beautiful set-up Marc.

/ Peter Pan

• 08-17-2010 5:58 PM In reply to

soundproof:

Marc:

Marc, I'm pretty certain you've been cheated of a very nice experience. Due to how a B&O system is set up, your BL5s aren't getting any LFE and are also not using the subwoofer much when you watch movies ...

Unless there's been some trickery in setup, all the LFE (Low Frequency Effects) and subwoofer info, is going to the BL2. It's kind of weird not to be taking advantage of 2x38cm subwoofers.

Which is why I was fortright enough to write that your dealer didn't have a clue if he thought a BL2 would be of use together with BL5s. For movies, you now have a 2x1500W BL5 setup, not 2x2500W. And that's why your dealer thinks you need the BL2s - no wonder, since the BL5s aren't doing anything at all with the information that action movies are filled with.

As Odd pointed out above, you have ONE active diaphragm on the BL2, with a 25cm diameter, that's 37% of the surface that your BL5's subwoofers want to work with, if given a chance, to set air in motion in your room.

You have a BeoSystem 3. Disconnect the BL2, and set the system up to send the subwoofer info to the BL5s - it might be a revelation.

The dangers of cut and paste knowledge exposed 'Proof.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 08-17-2010 6:12 PM In reply to

Which cuts both ways, JB - but as Marc says the BL2 kicks in first, and then the BL5s join in, it seems very likely that the LFE is going to the BL2 only.

There would be BL2s galore in the Struer cinema if that dealer is right. Smile

Let me again point out that I feel Marc's installation is stunning and speaks of excellent taste - yet I'm curious to know if those BL5s are being allowed to do their best.

Page 16 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last »