in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:44 PM by elms. 1,786 replies.
Page 12 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-24-2010 10:43 AM In reply to

Re: Flash your B&O!

Hello everyone,

Inspired by all your beautiful pictures I'd like to share one of mine. It's a bit too dark, taken on a cold winter day here in Holland, earlier this year, so I was reluctant to post it but can't resist anymore.

This is my student home, BM3000 with BG2000 hooked up to the PC through a quality M-audio sound card for digital music, and BV8902 on a modified MX stand hooked up to good old analog cable for TV and to the computer for digital video. The two S75 speakers have now been replaced by M100-2, beautiful sound and impressive looks but I don't have the stands yet. Thinking about changing the beomaster/gram for a rosewood BC7700, to match the TV and speakers.

Here it goes!

• 05-24-2010 10:57 AM In reply to

I need to go back to school! Yes -  thumbs up

What can you tell us about the miniature on top of the TV (behind the candle, where the windows split)?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-24-2010 12:01 PM In reply to

Jaff, you have very sharp eyesight! Geeked Laughing

The miniature is a little BC2500 with BL2500 attached, made out of wood and painted by a good friend of mine. He's a student too, and bought a beocenter 2500 as his first piece of B&O about two years ago.

Nothing has been the same ever since, as the beocenter turned out to be contaminated with some kind of virus well known to most people on this forum. Collecting B&O became our greatest hobby, he's into the more modern stuff (like BL8000's etc.) and I like the 70's/80's designs.

A B&O slogan is: some things you only live with, others become part of your life. This is certainly true for me and him: we both love Bang & Olufsen for its design, and it fills our rooms and lives with beautiful, warm sounding music (and film). The great looks of the B&O systems show our love for music, and look very classy in our student rooms. We  enjoy it every day and it has to us become a symbol for how great life can be.

The miniature beocenter kind of symbolizes this, and our friendship. Smile

I love seeing in this thread how much everyone enjoys their B&O systems!

Cool

• 05-24-2010 12:46 PM In reply to

Premiumverum:

The miniature beocenter kind of symbolizes this, and our friendship. Smile

That's so nice!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-24-2010 2:13 PM In reply to

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 35
    • Gold Member

Excuse the mess Big Smile... house ca. 1550 AD. B&O young and old. First pic post - hope it works.

Rob

BS9000 Ltd Ed., BV5 HD Ready, AVANT DVD, BL5000, BL8000, BL11, Beovox 2500 Cubes, Beovox 3000

• 05-24-2010 2:22 PM In reply to

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 35
    • Gold Member

a bit dark - taken in December

Rob

BS9000 Ltd Ed., BV5 HD Ready, AVANT DVD, BL5000, BL8000, BL11, Beovox 2500 Cubes, Beovox 3000

• 05-24-2010 2:28 PM In reply to

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 35
    • Gold Member

its all changed a bit now with the addition of a B11. I am very happy with the BL11.

Rob

• 05-25-2010 3:16 AM In reply to

So.. here's my little collection. The BL11 is feeling right at home :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 05-25-2010 3:57 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

So.. here's my little collection. The BL11 is feeling right at home :-)

AH! Bv3 on BV5 stand looks magnificent! However i can see from here the TV is too heavy for it :( bummer i thought of doing this, but the TV will destroy the cabinet over time.

All looks great mr! ...for now anyway

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-25-2010 5:45 AM In reply to

@Dave: indeed.. BUT :-) My dealer was able to order an additional socket. Should arrive this week. Will be placed in the middle of the cabinet.

The cabinet itself is future proof :-) It seems that a BV8-40 is as wide as the cabinet...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 05-25-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

My dealer was able to order an additional socket. Should arrive this week. Will be placed in the middle of the cabinet.

Oooh! :D I didn't know that was possible, what is it? a piece of wood that goes underneath the stand?

• 05-25-2010 6:39 AM In reply to

Hi Karel,

Your setup is really NICE, the BL11 is very stylish.

BTW, BL8000 and Ouverture are Old school but old school rules Big Smile I have those ones and I just LOVE them.

Meantime, how do you do to keep the BL8000's floor stand cleaned. Mine are getting white (incrusted dust). I have a lot of difficulties to get rid of it ?

Thanks for your help regarding this issue.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-25-2010 6:56 AM In reply to

@David: it's a (3rd) alu foot. Just like the other. Here's what the orderlist contains:

1 Plastic foot floor stand BeoVision 5
    1 Screw 6x45mm
    1 Nut
    1 Foot

Total: 36€; typical B&O :-)

@Guy: I just clean them once a week... Takes 30sec/speaker.. Just a wet cloth. That's it... They look as if the you come out of the packaging... Even after 9 years

• 05-25-2010 7:43 AM In reply to

Thanks Karel,

In fact I am using this method* each month (Unsure) but may be shall I use an anti-calcareous solution in order to prevent any incrusted sediments on my BL8000 floor stands...

* (wet cloth using plain water)

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-25-2010 9:44 AM In reply to

GuyHui :

In fact I am using this method* each month (Unsure) but may be shall I use an anti-calcareous solution in order to prevent any incrusted sediments on my BL8000 floor stands...

* (wet cloth using plain water)

I believe the calcium deposits in tap water, which you in central / southern Europe usually have plenty of, could stain the feet. Perhaps try distilled water (probably available cheapest/easiest at speed shops for topping up car batteries) and see if it makes a difference?

Add a little bit of nice smelling dish washing liquid, and start selling it on eBay at 59 € / 200 ml as "Bang & Olufsen Cleaning Solution" Devil Laughing

-mika

• 05-25-2010 9:40 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

@David: it's a (3rd) alu foot. Just like the other. Here's what the orderlist contains:

1 Plastic foot floor stand BeoVision 5
    1 Screw 6x45mm
    1 Nut
    1 Foot

Total: 36€; typical B&O :-)

Please post pictures when you have done this :) Will you have to drill the cabinet??

• 05-25-2010 9:58 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Wow! I guess I didnt realize just how small the BL11 is! I suppose that is why everyone was commenting on how it is "underpowered"... Not for that volume!

Terrific setupYes -  thumbs up

Evan

• 05-26-2010 6:36 AM In reply to

evman140:

Wow! I guess I didnt realize just how small the BL11 is! I suppose that is why everyone was commenting on how it is "underpowered"... Not for that volume!

I live in an apartment.. The BL2 was waaay to powerful. Plus it can easily generate earthquakes. In that respect the BL11 is the optimal solution for me. And it's just fantastic how B&O managed to cancel out the vibrations without canceling out bass ;-)

• 05-26-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

evman140:

I live in an apartment.. The BL2 was waaay to powerful. Plus it can easily generate earthquakes. In that respect the BL11 is the optimal solution for me. And it's just fantastic how B&O managed to cancel out the vibrations without canceling out bass ;-)

I haven't heard either of the B&O subs. I really would like to hear the BL2, due to the huge reputation it has generated for itself. The BL11 is probably more along the lines of what I consider adequate bass, I like my subs to be light and precise not sloppy and thunderous. Laughing

Evan

• 05-27-2010 11:49 AM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Between this sideboard an my BeoSound 5 are more than 50 years, but they match perfect Smile

• 05-27-2010 12:22 PM In reply to

Great side board. Is that a PK80 in front of it?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-27-2010 12:25 PM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Yes it is, design from scandinavia is still the best... 

• 05-27-2010 12:36 PM In reply to

Olof:
    Between this sideboard an my BeoSound 5 are more than 50 years, but they match perfect Smile

Beautiful! Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-27-2010 1:21 PM In reply to

Olof:

Yes it is, design from scandinavia is still the best... 

I love it! And of course, I agree... Smile

• 05-28-2010 9:35 AM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

j0hnbarker:

Some great shots on this thread :D

Here's another shot of my bedroom system + 13amp fuse shaped light:

Nice telephone on the above picture. What is it exactly?

Wasti

Page 12 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »