in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:44 PM by elms. 1,786 replies.
Page 11 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2010 8:45 AM In reply to

Re: Flash your B&O!

beojeff

It is black and aluminum so it must be the lighting is cheating. Yes -  thumbs up

• 05-15-2010 9:41 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

That 7-55 really is a great looking TV, the proportions are lovely, i love it on its low stand... but it looks uncomfortable on the high stand imho...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-15-2010 9:21 PM In reply to

Dave:
    i love it on its low stand... but it looks uncomfortable on the high stand

I agree ... but I think the picture from Peter Pan was an interesting compromise

except I would have gone for the triangular speaker 

but of course you now can't swivel the screen . . . .

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-16-2010 7:17 AM In reply to

elephant:

Or yes Yes -  thumbs up

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 05-16-2010 7:47 AM In reply to

xegoon:

elephant:

Or yes Yes -  thumbs up

neat - the STB bracket swivelling also supports the triangle/pyramid speaker

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-16-2010 10:11 AM In reply to

Dave:

That 7-55 really is a great looking TV, the proportions are lovely, i love it on its low stand... but it looks uncomfortable on the high stand imho...

My first impressions were the same as yours. We decided to go with the high stand as we already had the Beolab 7-4 and wanted to continue using it to have ALT on all three front speakers. Now that we have had it for a week I'm very happy we chose the high stand. It is the perfect height for us for viewing most comfortably.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-16-2010 1:56 PM In reply to

Hi Razlaw

Is that the same Floor Stand type (BeoLab 7-4) you spend BV 7-55 as you used with BV 70-40,
    or would you buy a new one is larger. ?
  • 05-16-2010 3:29 PM In reply to

It is a new stand. The BV 7-55 stand is  bigger than the 7-40 stand.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-16-2010 4:06 PM In reply to

Many thanks Razlaw.

If you can not find space ! Update BV7-40" Mk.V, with the same technology
    as the image screen of 7-55" has been postponed to June / July. months in 2010

/ Peter Pan

• 05-19-2010 6:36 PM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Cleviebaby:

Philippe,

Lovely furniture and a geat combination of classic pieces and Ikea!  Is the Eames rocker from Vitra?  

I like the Malm units - are they finished in Birch or Oak?

Cleve

Hi Cleve, thanks very much for your kind words. Yes indeed, it is the Eames' Rocking Armchair for Vitra.

As for the Malm units, I think it's oak.

Cheers,

Philippe

• 05-21-2010 12:49 PM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 172
    • Gold Member

I was borned with a Beolink 1000 in my hand!

Ever seen a Beomaster 6001? I have one! Look here.

Main system: Beovision AV9000, Beocenter 2300, Beosystem 3500, Beolab Penta MKIII, Beolab 3000, Beogram 6500, Beolink 1000, Beolink 5000, Beolink 7000

Wish list: Beolab 2,

• 05-21-2010 12:52 PM In reply to

Am I seeing things... or does that say: "BEOMASTER 6001"?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-21-2010 1:04 PM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 172
    • Gold Member

Yes, You are seeing things... or no, it's a prototype of a Beomaster 6000 I have been lucky to find! And when i came home with it, I plugged it in to the mains, and gues what.......... IT WORKED!!! Big Smile

It is one of the first Beomaster 6000's, and it is on red numbers. I don't think, that there has been produced more than a few of these Beomaster 6001's! And I also have the prototype of a Beomaster Terminal, that came with the Beomaster!

- Dennis

Main system: Beovision AV9000, Beocenter 2300, Beosystem 3500, Beolab Penta MKIII, Beolab 3000, Beogram 6500, Beolink 1000, Beolink 5000, Beolink 7000

• 05-21-2010 1:08 PM In reply to

Laughing... so I am not CRAZY!?!?! Erm

WOW!

TELL US MORE! MORE PICS!

Need to add this to the site! ...it deserves its own thread?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-21-2010 1:13 PM In reply to

• Dennis
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 172
    • Gold Member

Ok, I will start a new thread about it.

Regards Loudspeaker

• 05-23-2010 2:01 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

General view of BnO stuff in our snug?(upstairs lounge) - consists of BG3500, Mx7000, DVD1, VX8000, Sky Box, French Terrestrial box, BS4 and BL4000's

The Sky box and the french box are fed thro' a Belkin switcher unit which works very well, the Sky box feeds thro when all other inputs switched off when the french box activated it switches the switcher to that input - it cost about 10€ on Ebay UK

The house is very open plan, consequently it has caused master link problems and as such has not been used with 3 standalone systems(all by carefull use of Ebay!)

Oh lifes a bu**er don't know if this'll work

salut

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 05-23-2010 2:27 PM In reply to

Here's mine. This isnt how it is normally displayed!

An Avant and a BV3 take care of the TV side of things.

• 05-23-2010 2:32 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

The continuing saga-

the lounge -

BV7-32, BC2, Sky box, French terrestrial box, BL6000 and pc

As previously the house is open plan and masterlinking would have been difficult with tiled floors, no walls etc.

As the tv and the 7-1 are black the Panasonic Sky box was stripped to components and sprayed matt black and installed on an STB bracket, slung under the bracket is an Elap french terrestrial box by Elap - this is in black and it has usb outlet to link to harddrive for recording french tv - this works very well( however only one tuner)

The 6000's have dark green frets - I would have preferred a Green tv but not currently available!

View of rear of tv which gives an idea of cable marshalling - my problem being directly behind the setup is the dining area hence the personal need to keep it asll tidy!

Another view behind the tv showing the pc which is linked to tv by hdmi lead - it works sort of well, had hoped to work the pc with the split screen facility - currently it don't work probably because of incompatible formats - think I need to play around with pc video output!

A view to give an idea as to the location of the main BC2 box, partlly hidden by the lilly plant(same age as me, planted by a great aunt wayback when I was born!) The other lilly is son of!

Again hope this works

salut

t

NB to be continued!!

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 05-23-2010 2:49 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Final piece!

Bedroom system - which might seem over the top kit wise however my wife is well advanced with dementia and the day will come(maybe) that she is bedridden so a set of kit to try to keep her amused/entertained(maybe I'm clutching at straws!!)

The system consists Ouverture, MX4002(ml'd to Ouverture), BL3000's

Pace Sky box and a German terrestrial freeview box(an excellent product as it plugs directly into a scart socket with a low voltage supply, aerial input and an ir eye(mounted on the tv wall bracket)

The Sky box is on  an adapted MX7000 stand shelf, the 40 wall bracket needed 2 x slots extending to carry the shelf lugs, the shelf is currently held in a level plain by a wooden block doublesided tape to the shelf(when I get my lathe setup sorted I hope to fabricate a simple screwed adjuster to replace the block)

View trying to give a view of the freeview unit

Another view of freeview box(other side)

View of trunking(to keep cabling tidy)

My pics generate a comment, recognisable to those of us at a certain age, David Bailey eat your heart out!

salut

t

• 05-23-2010 3:33 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Well done!

;-) didn't know David Bailey is in the B&O installation business ...

• 05-23-2010 8:58 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Those look like BL4500's Stotty > So are these pictures "a work in progress"? Surely you're not leaving the BeoVision 7 all loaded up like that? I like the 6000's Mine are entirely green and the colour is so dark they don't shine much!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-24-2010 4:38 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

The kit in the background of the rear view of the bv consiste a bc91300 and a pair of bl5000's - both need attention the tape drive on the bc needs rebelting(in stock, just a matter of time!), the 5000's need the display ribbons relocating and one of the amps is not working - it did, I lengthened the power cables and must not have seated a connector properly - again just a case of time - my wife now takes up a lot of time each day, retirement wasn't supposed to be like this - hey ho!

As a matter of interest, the bedroom is behind this wall ie where the 5000's will be hung, could of ml,d through and used an active box and eye but I just love the 9300 and to not use it would be such a waste . I have in excess of 300 cassettes having been a little like King Canute in the past!

The bv is sort of finished, sort of work in progress - the aim is to replace the 2 boxes under the 7-1 with a slimline satellite rx which has a diseqc system for the use on 2 satellites - here french tv is on astra 1, 19'E and sky is on astra 2, 28'E - however I may need several boxes as I use a 4 head lnb to feed 4 astra2 boxes!

If I can find a slimline box(saw one several months ago - didn't buy - what a clown!!) the STB mounting bracket will be reversed anf the combined box installed thereon thus taking away some of the clutter!

Bedroom system fairly standard, forgot to say, the central pic is a Renault Dauphine publicity piece - herself had a Gordini version - souped up - as her first car.

The circular lefthand pic is a wedding present painted by her lifelong best friend - any interest seach online Cherryl Fountaine!

The small rectangular pic righthand side is a Lowry signed print - again I was dragged up in the northwest of uk saw his paintings every day in real life however she just adored'em - with her condition all are a grasp on past life

Any other suggestions / questions welcomed

salut

Tony

• 05-24-2010 5:37 AM In reply to

It's beautiful but the soundQuality can't be good with all those hard stone floors.

stotty1111:

The continuing saga-

the lounge -

BV7-32, BC2, Sky box, French terrestrial box, BL6000 and pc

As previously the house is open plan and masterlinking would have been difficult with tiled floors, no walls etc.

As the tv and the 7-1 are black the Panasonic Sky box was stripped to components and sprayed matt black and installed on an STB bracket, slung under the bracket is an Elap french terrestrial box by Elap - this is in black and it has usb outlet to link to harddrive for recording french tv - this works very well( however only one tuner)

The 6000's have dark green frets - I would have preferred a Green tv but not currently available!

View of rear of tv which gives an idea of cable marshalling - my problem being directly behind the setup is the dining area hence the personal need to keep it asll tidy!

Another view behind the tv showing the pc which is linked to tv by hdmi lead - it works sort of well, had hoped to work the pc with the split screen facility - currently it don't work probably because of incompatible formats - think I need to play around with pc video output!

A view to give an idea as to the location of the main BC2 box, partlly hidden by the lilly plant(same age as me, planted by a great aunt wayback when I was born!) The other lilly is son of!

Again hope this works

salut

t

NB to be continued!!

• 05-24-2010 8:58 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

I suppose there are a substantial number of hard surfaces however the house was a little quirky, and we wanted quirky, - to be honest though haven't noticed any problems with the sound.

The house is a barn of a place, see below the mezzanine is the end of the snug area

The pillar thro' the pics is the flue to the fire, and there are no end of different angles to reflect/cancel sound,

Looking at the area in front of the tv - excuse clutter on the floor, contents of another box if 'stuff'

and this view makes it all worth while - the Western Approaches.

Ok at the end point the curtains are a temporary meadure, heavier ones will be used, but that ain't going to change a lot = I am stuck with what I've got but am very happy with everything so far!!

• 05-24-2010 9:05 AM In reply to

That place looks great, stotty. The different angles will help a lot with acoustics, as there are a lot less standing waves and echoes than there would be if everything was rectangular. Spread some more "stuff" and heavy textiles around and it'll only get better Smile

-mika

Page 11 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »