in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 4:44 PM by elms. 1,786 replies.
Page 10 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2010 9:45 AM In reply to

Re: Flash your B&O!

markiedee:

razlaw you have a fantastic setup i love the b&o equipment that you have. do you think that you could post a picture when you set up the 55 incher?

Yes, of course, once I can pull myself away from watching it long enough to take a picture. LOL Right now being frustrated staring at the crate in the garage waiting for the dealer to come install it.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-07-2010 11:17 AM In reply to

mr_anders_son and beojeff. I love your setup, it gives inspirasion.

BeoVision 7-55". - BeoLab 7-6. - BeoLab 2. - BeoLab 8000. - BeoLab 6000. - BeoMaster 5. - Set-top Box .Cover.

BeoLab 8000 - BeoLab 2 - BeoLab 10 - BeoMaster 5 - BeoCenter 2. - BeoSystem 3. - Set-top Box .Cover.

Peter Pan.

• 05-07-2010 4:21 PM In reply to

Thank you, Peter. I see that you magically lowered my screen with photoshop! Unseen in the photo are a second pair of BeoLab 8000s for the side surrounds and a pair of BeoLab 6000s for the rear speakers.

• 05-07-2010 5:01 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

My favourite Beomaster (1700) due to it being the most played (connected to my PC) and the quirkiest bit of B&O I have.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-07-2010 5:17 PM In reply to

What's the blue background Chris?

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-07-2010 5:31 PM In reply to

Beautiful. Beomaster 1700, detail description: Tuner - amplifier.

Design: Jacob Jensen, 1980.

• 05-07-2010 5:34 PM In reply to

1700 looks nice - I think I now have something else on 'the list'!

• 05-07-2010 8:01 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

j0hnbarker:

What's the blue background Chris?

PhotoshopEmbarrassed

It's the best photo I have of it but was taken on the bench after recapping so I took the liberty of "hiding" the tools which were strewn around at the time of photographing. As it now resides alongside my PC it's difficult to get a decent pic in situ as there's no natural daylight & flash photography just shows up the dustWhistle. Really nice amp, if not spectacular performance wise, but becoming rarer in good working order as the caterpllar tuning/volume tracks have a habit of breaking. C40's were the recommended speakers & I use (less well designed) CX50's which work brilliantly. Definately one for the collectors though - and as Peter Pan rightly points out - beautiful, even better in the flesh with the black glass top & brushed aluminium against the wood trim. Mine's in rosewood and is jaw droppingly gorgeous. Paid £5 for it as a non working ebay buy.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-08-2010 5:47 AM In reply to

Haha! I thought there might be some camera-trickery going on! Will have to look out for one of these to add to the collection, but I'm really squeezed for room at the moment :D

• 05-09-2010 8:34 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

ok guys, trying to load some images from a photohosting site(photobucket.com)

when i insert the image get a box with a red cross in it have loaded pics this way in past with no probs what am i doing wriong?

HELP appreciated!

salut

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 05-10-2010 7:48 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Hey everyone,

here is my setup...

Living room

BeoVision 7-32 & BL7-1, Beolab 3, Cabinet, BeoCom 6000 & BeoTalk 1100

BeoLab 6000 (rear)

Bedroom

BeoCom 2

Terrace

Earphones

That's all folks!! Smile

Philippe

• 05-11-2010 1:47 AM In reply to

Philippe,

very nice, beautiful is your B&O setup.

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 05-11-2010 2:18 AM In reply to

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Lovely collection Phillipe.

Also love your Alvar Aalto vase on the coffee table.

• 05-11-2010 4:05 PM In reply to

Razlaw:

markiedee:

razlaw you have a fantastic setup i love the b&o equipment that you have. do you think that you could post a picture when you set up the 55 incher?

Yes, of course, once I can pull myself away from watching it long enough to take a picture. LOL Right now being frustrated staring at the crate in the garage waiting for the dealer to come install it.

Here it is.

• 05-11-2010 4:46 PM In reply to

New toy!

Beomaster 1000 - a real eBay bargain in teak for £25. Rapidly running out of room in this flat for new B&O, but just managed to squeeze this in, given its low profile, here on top of a small bookcase in my home office. Not got enough room for a separate set of speakers, so have just bought a speaker switch so I can flick between the Beomaster/Beolab 5000 and the Beomaster 1000 with the CX50s a couple of rows below. Wondering if it's worth getting another splitter so I can listen to this through my Airport Express? Already got a Beomaster 2000 and Beolab 5000 in that room, so I guess the Beomaster 1000 isn't going to blow those away musically, is it?

• 05-11-2010 6:16 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Rarely do i post on these sections as i humbly confess to being in the fortunate position of having pretty much what i like at home due to my job.

However...

Today i tested and cleaned my latest addition at home Big Smile

In the bedroom i have a pair of BeoLab 8000 which i fitted with white frets and custom coloured the bases white.  I had a BeoCenter 2 with a BeoGram 4500 next to it, but have been looking for an all-white BeoSystem for about a year..

Up came an all-white 6500 system from a friend of mine who deals in Loewe and took it in px.  After a 'fingertip clean' the whole system came up like new and i set it all up tonight. Everything works perfectly (all 5 pieces including the MCP in white) and i'm delighted !!!

Like anything - if you work with it all day, every day - you can get a bit 'blase' as to the design and quality of B&O, but when you get a beautiful system like this in the exact spec you want - at 20 years old and working as well as the day it was made, you realise how much you love B&O.

Lee

PS - May i also say the images in this thread have inspired me!  The attention to detail and amount of style and taste you guys have is amazing.  

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-11-2010 7:06 PM In reply to

hi razlaw that tv looks absolutely fantastic thank you for posting the picture. watching movies on that must be a real event.

and it looks like it suits the space very well to. please let me know your opinion of how your finding the picture quality and possibly a few more pictures of it from a few more angles.

• 05-11-2010 7:13 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

In the bedroom i have a pair of BeoLab 8000 which i fitted with white frets and custom coloured the bases white.  I had a BeoCenter 2 with a BeoGram 4500 next to it, but have been looking for an all-white BeoSystem for about a year..

Up came an all-white 6500 system from a friend of mine who deals in Loewe and took it in px.  After a 'fingertip clean' the whole system came up like new and i set it all up tonight. Everything works perfectly (all 5 pieces including the MCP in white) and i'm delighted !!!

Like anything - if you work with it all day, every day - you can get a bit 'blase' as to the design and quality of B&O, but when you get a beautiful system like this in the exact spec you want - at 20 years old and working as well as the day it was made, you realise how much you love B&O.

Lee

PS - May i also say the images in this thread have inspired me!  The attention to detail and amount of style and taste you guys have is amazing.  

Please post a picture/s Lee that sounds amazing

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-11-2010 9:04 PM In reply to

markiedee:

hi razlaw that tv looks absolutely fantastic thank you for posting the picture. watching movies on that must be a real event.

and it looks like it suits the space very well to. please let me know your opinion of how your finding the picture quality and possibly a few more pictures of it from a few more angles.

I will take some more pictures and post. 

As for the picture quality, it is amazing. Much much better than BV7 MKIII we had before.

• 05-12-2010 7:47 AM In reply to

BeoVision 7-55" TV.

The ultimate LED TV from B & O with 55". Image contrast filter disc and Blu-ray players will inspire
    everyone with its picture quality. This is possible thanks professional electronics in the built BeoSystem 3 with
    extremely fast imaging processors and more than 70 connections. The technology for the Picture Control
    continuously analyzes incoming signals and responds well to changing light conditions in space. The result is
    always a great picture. Multi Room, Surround 7.1. With HD DVB - Module can be received directly and HD
    Digital TV. In addition, 100 to 150 digital radio stations. The built-in play-in Blu-ray player is also standard
    DVD and CD and other formats. BeoLab 7-6 stereo / center speaker is identical to the legendary Model 7-2.
    H,140.8cm x W,87.5cm.
  • 05-12-2010 3:01 PM In reply to

Philippe:

Hey everyone,

here is my setup...

Living room

BeoVision 7-32 & BL7-1, Beolab 3, Cabinet, BeoCom 6000 & BeoTalk 1100

BeoLab 6000 (rear)

Bedroom

BeoCom 2

Terrace

Earphones

That's all folks!! Smile

Philippe

Philippe,

Lovely furniture and a geat combination of classic pieces and Ikea!  Is the Eames rocker from Vitra?  

I like the Malm units - are they finished in Birch or Oak?

Cleve

• 05-13-2010 8:07 PM In reply to

markiedee:

and possibly a few more pictures of it from a few more angles.

Here is another view  ....

• 05-14-2010 2:56 PM In reply to

razlaw i love it i also love the pressence that it looks like it has in your room but still maintaining that elegant and timeless b&0 look, i really envy you right now lol...

• 05-15-2010 5:28 AM In reply to

Ashanti has also now got a Beovision 7-55.

• 05-15-2010 6:52 AM In reply to

Peter Pan:

Ashanti has also now got a Beovision 7-55.

Is that the dark grey finish on the BeoVision?

Page 10 of 72 (1787 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »