in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-21-2010 7:21 AM by chaser. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2010 5:44 AM

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Problems with SkyHD Box and BeoVision6-23

Hello, I would be grateful for any suggestions you may have. I do not use the Sky remote, and only use the Beo4 with the Sky HD Box in London. The problem I have is that the BeoVision6-23 TV will display only half a screen, always at the top and the lower half is full of white dots.  In order to reset it, I have to unplug the Sky box.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this occurs?  It happens frequently. Also, is there another way to select the channels other than pressing Go, Go (Twice) on the Beo4? Do you recommend I secure the IR cover with superglue?  It moves from time to time and occasionally falls off completely. Regards, Judith

• 02-18-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

Re: Problems with SkyHD Box and BeoVision6-23

Hi Judith,

I frankly have no idea about all this "Sky" stuff... Embarrassed

...but your post rang a bell -take a look at this thread.

I also seem to remember another recent thread about having to reboot a Sky box. Maybe HERE???

Anyone else?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-18-2010 2:25 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Judith,

I think we need more info. Is the box connected with a HDMI cable?

What is the resolution of the output of the Sky HD box (try 720p if it is set to 1080i or automatic)

• 02-21-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

The scaler board could be an older version and needs the latest one with firmware and flash update.

Job for a proper TV technician.

Use black tape to stick down the PUC sensor when you have found the sweet spot.

• 02-21-2010 6:54 AM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Hello Burantek, Frog and Chaser.  

Black tape - nice and simple, thanks! The HDMI to DVi adapter is a very tight fit on the TV (and not the most elegant of solutions as it comes loose easily!).  I have pushed all the cables in securely and also put a cable tidy over them, which might help to keep them from moving. The TV is on an STB bracket (so when it moves the cables move also).

I shall enqure about the scaler board. Although, if that was the case, wouldn't I have the same problem of only half a screen showing on the ordinary TV selection? It never happens when it is terrestrial TV.

• 02-21-2010 7:21 AM In reply to

That is because Sky HD is using B+O DVI input or at least it should be.

If it is using SCART or RF tuner input then you have a different issue.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)