in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-02-2010 9:43 AM by solderon29. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2010 10:09 AM

Hoping for advice on Beovision LX2800

Hello again everyone - I've just bought a white Beovision LX2800 off eBay, mainly because it came with a remote control (which I thought was a Beolink 1000 but turned out to be a Video Terminal) which I was hoping to use to operate the MX3500 I bought a couple of weeks ago.

I've managed to work out how to get the LX2800 going, and tune it in to the analogue TV channels and my Panasonic VCR - the picture looks pretty good.  But it doesn't seem to like the feed from my Virgin cable V+ box... the picture kind of splits into quarters and floats across the screen, with a kind of funny tint to it.

Is there something obvious I'm not doing?

Also, is there a way of selecting or deselecting whether the TV displays the input from the SCART socket or not?  At the moment it seems to automatically sense the digital signal when it's receiving it and that over-rides anything else I've got selected.

Cheers,

Drew

• 02-18-2010 11:19 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Hoping for advice on Beovision LX2800

You can select the SCART by pressing Shift TV 2 on a Beolink 1000, I would think it's the same on the Video Terminal.

Martin

• 02-25-2010 5:46 PM In reply to

Dillen:

You can select the SCART by pressing Shift TV 2 on a Beolink 1000, I would think it's the same on the Video Terminal.

Martin

Thanks Martin - sadly it isn't, as there isn't a shift button on the Video Terminal.

But the good news is that I've kind of solved the problem by connecting the V+ Box back up to my main TV and changing the display setting from widescreen to 4:3 - the LX2800 senses it now and comes up with a nice sharp picture.  I guess what was causing the trouble before was that it didn't understand how to respond to a widescreen source (being as I guess they weren't really around when it was designed) and this made it behave oddly!

It would be nice to work out how to switch to the SCART input manually though - although it senses the V+ Box, it won't recognise my PlayStation 2.  Which some would say is a good thing - life's probably too short to spend playing outdated football simulators...

• 03-02-2010 9:43 AM In reply to

With the video terminal,you need to select AUX-2,for the Scart socket,and AUX-3,for the 6 pin din input.Both inputs have control pins,for priority switching.Connect the cable box to the Scart socket,but if you can disable "Scart control"in the box set up menu,it means the cable box can't override other sources,such as tv or game unit connnected to the Din.If you can't disable the Scart control via the setup,dismantle one of the Scart plugs,and cut the wire to Pin 8.

Great tellies these,I've got four (men in white coats are coming to take me away,ha ha,hee hee!)

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)