in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2010 11:51 PM by Chrisreunion. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2010 6:54 AM

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Beoport 64 bits

Hello!

At last it happened:

Version 5.04.00

New features included:

• BeoPort to run on Microsoft Windows 64 bit OS
    • Possibility disabling the BeoPlayer control bar and info bar to slide in from the left and right of the screen

Error correction:

• A number of minor error corrections have been made. 

System Requirements 

• Windows® 7 (32 and 64 bit)
    • Windows® Vista, Service Pack 1 or 2 (32 and 64 bit)
    • Windows® XP, Service Pack 3 (32 and 64 bit)
    • Internet connection
    • One free USB port
    • DirectX 8.0 or higher
    • Windows® Media Player 9.0 or higher

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 02-16-2010 11:31 AM In reply to

Re: Beoport 64 bits

This is very good news indeed, because if the control bar & info bar can stay on all the time, it will become very easy to use BeoPort as a BeoMedia interface on any BeoVision, since the previous version was shifting the control + info bars every time you changed the source..I'll update the new version tonight & see how it works..touch wood!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 02-16-2010 12:08 PM In reply to

• Teletom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2007
    • the Netherlands
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Shifting works excellent...plus running on Windows 64 bits......at last we are arriving where we should have been some time ago.

• 02-16-2010 10:24 PM In reply to

I'm a bit disappointed with that "triangle shifting" update, I expected B&O to do exactly the opposite of what they've done, that is: give us a full screen and all-time BeoPort interface rather than hiding it completely! What's the point in designing such a beautiful interface if it is always hidden? I have a PC that's entirely dedicated to BeoPort, I don't want to see anything else than its interface. With the new update, you can have full screen for each source after pressing the source+info , but every time you go to another source, the screen goes blank again..Angry

Apart from that, the new feature I noticed is that you can now watch your photos AND listen to music at the same time, just start both sources and they will work..Smile

No radical change on the rest:

- still gaps during NMUSIC playback

- it says WAV files are supported but I never managed to find them when scanning

- NRADIO still shows no metadata about track & artist names

- when a NRADIO program is finished, still no shifting to the next available station

- same when connection failed, there's no redirection to the next station, like what happens when your CD track is scratched

- still no way to add NRADIO stations manually

- still no way to select a higher bitrate than 96 kbps when setting up NRADIO

- still no control of PHOTO with Beo4 

- still no possibility to use BeoPort as an audio master

OK, I'll stop here..I love this software! Big Smile

• 02-20-2010 12:18 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Can you please clarify if the new version provides the OPTION of hiding the display ?

Or does installing the new version automatically hide the display ?

• 02-20-2010 1:41 PM In reply to

The new version doesn't change anything by default, you can setup or disable the "show triangle"  in "setup/config/general"; apart from that, no radical change has been  noticed, maybe some bugs were fixed, that's all..

• 02-20-2010 1:56 PM In reply to

And still I can't  swap between the albums I've put in the favourites.

This annoys me, made it clear to the customers desk. But no changes.
    Am I the only one?

Putting several albums under a coloured favourite. And then still after using the << or >> (which normaly works) It  only switches between the coloured lists. ...  

• 02-21-2010 2:05 AM In reply to

Another new feature I just discovered is that BeoPort can find the mp4 files when scanning the library, if they are compressed .mp4 audio and even video files, they will play on BeoPort, but if they are Apple Lossless, they won't play, even if they are listed in the BeoPort albums. I just converted an album from WMA lossless to ALAC, both are listed in the same album on BeoPort, but only the WMA files will play..Hmm

• 02-21-2010 3:38 PM In reply to

• Teletom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2007
    • the Netherlands
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Beobuddy:

....Am I the only one?

No...I have exactly the same problem.

• 03-02-2010 2:11 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Hmmmm.....

I downloaded the new version and installed it over the previous. Great.

However, each time I shut off the computer, I lose the N.RADIO playist stations I selected. The playlist is empty and no colour highlights either. One week of this now.

Not a real problem to go back and re-select them again, but short of leaving the computer on 24x7,  is there something I have not done, or missing here ?

• 03-10-2010 11:51 PM In reply to

The quickest way to sort this out is probably to re-install BeoPort, it usually solves most of the problems, like with all apps in Windows..Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)