in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-16-2010 9:11 AM by burantek. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2010 11:34 PM

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Bring back the BeoLit 600

In Oz we're heading into regular DAB+ broadcasting. Many companies like Sagem, Philips and Bush are again putting out portables for the home. I'd like to suggest to B&O that they consider rebuilding the BeoLit 600 with digital radio, FM and AM as the three 'band' types. This may be a hard ask, but some of us would treasure a little bit of the past made new again as well as the opportunity to buy it!
    Filed under:
  • 02-15-2010 3:53 AM In reply to

Re: Bring back the BeoLit 600

Beolit series were wonderful but have outlived there usefullness in this world where there are phones/mp-3 players for free! DAB is dead in Europe, didn't understand why they had a Beosound 2 and 4 with DAB tuner a few years ago!

• 02-16-2010 5:18 AM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

I would also like to see a retro radio from B&O.

MP3 is fine for many things but to be honest in our household we listen our BeoSystem 10 FM-radio must often. I never liked BeoSound 3 design that much, these "old" slim radios are great looking and really easy to place in the kitchen. Netradio would be nice touch though, even nicer would be a masterlink connection Whistle

• 02-16-2010 5:52 AM In reply to

Looking at the success of Tivoli Audio (and the countless cheap plastic imitations), there's definitely a market.

It would have to include

• an excellent FM radio (DAB as an option, seems most of the world doesn't need it)
    • WiFi for network radio
    • good internal speakers (it was done with the early Beolits, so should be no problem now?)
    • a memory card slot + mp3 player with decent capabilities, none of the silly 2GB max or bit rate limitations
    • clock radio capabilities
    • B&O remote control
    • an aux connector. Somebody will cry out "an iSomething dock!" but I don't believe in the longevity of that, and there would be many design constraints

I don't like the idea of Masterlink. That would make it just another link speaker and somewhat nullify the point of local sources.

Dunno how much space for any real innovation there would be left as all the above bits and pieces have been done (although separately) a number of times, but if it was executed with B&O quality and good design, it might be another great entry product.

-mika

• 02-16-2010 7:12 AM In reply to

tournedos:

Looking at the success of Tivoli Audio (and the countless cheap plastic imitations), there's definitely a market.

It would have to include

• an excellent FM radio (DAB as an option, seems most of the world doesn't need it)
    • WiFi for network radio
    • good internal speakers (it was done with the early Beolits, so should be no problem now?)
    • a memory card slot + mp3 player with decent capabilities, none of the silly 2GB max or bit rate limitations
    • clock radio capabilities
    • B&O remote control
    • an aux connector. Somebody will cry out "an iSomething dock!" but I don't believe in the longevity of that, and there would be many design constraints

I don't like the idea of Masterlink. That would make it just another link speaker and somewhat nullify the point of local sources.

Dunno how much space for any real innovation there would be left as all the above bits and pieces have been done (although separately) a number of times, but if it was executed with B&O quality and good design, it might be another great entry product.

How about just adding an iPod Dock to the Beosound 1?

Simon

• 02-16-2010 7:22 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Laughing

There's actually a BeoLit 600 as a prize in the March Draw - you'll see it this evening once i've finalised the rest of the copy!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-16-2010 7:33 AM In reply to

wirralsimon:

How about just adding an iPod Dock to the Beosound 1?

You still wouldn't be taking that to a picnic. In all honesty I think my ideas above went already too far. A basic radio with just enough features to silence most "why would I pay that much for just a radio?" comments would be great. Just improve on the shortcomings of the BS3, like lack of AUX, stereo and remote control.

I might be a dinosaur, but I have trouble in general understanding this need to have "my music" everywhere. I'm quite happy listening to radio...

-mika

• 02-16-2010 9:11 AM In reply to

I like this idea!

I often think of a "Classic Series" for B&o to bring back... never thought of the Beolits! What a perfect place to start. I think it would be a winner.

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)