in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-11-2008 3:17 PM by Alex. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2007 3:30 AM

Problems with Beo4

My very first post on the new Beoworld so, please be tolerant.  I have had a Beo4 remote for about 18 months to control my BC 9300.  You will not be surprised to hear that, although the BC 9300 is behind me I can 'fire it up' etc no matter which direction I point the Beo4.  As from yesterday this no longer applies & when I point the Beo4 in the opposite direction to the Beo4 nothing happens.  Being a total 'Thicko'  I assume (& pray) that this just means new batteries are required?  Comments please. 
    Filed under:
  • 06-19-2007 3:46 AM In reply to

Re: Problems with Beo4

I would assume that new batteries are required. Worth changing them before you go any further. The beo4 is fairly bombproof apart from falls onto hard surfaces and people spilling suff into the keypad!!

Oh! by the way, welcome to Beoworld.

Regards Graham

• 06-19-2007 3:52 AM In reply to

Hi,

Welcome on the forum. The beo4 shows on the diplay when new batteries are required.

I think you should 'program' the beo 4 first before you could use it for diffrent B&O equipment.

Or maybe your BC9300 has a 'remote lock', I mean that you have to set your BC9300 to remotecontrol before it reacts on the commands of the beo4. 

Just a few suggestions, but maybe someone else knows the real problem.

Greetings,

Ruud 

• 06-19-2007 4:05 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

ruudvdklauw:

Welcome on the forum. The beo4 shows on the diplay when new batteries are required.

Does it? I've used Beo4s which have died as soon as I've pressed a button, but they show nothing extra on the display. Am I missing something?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-19-2007 5:05 AM In reply to

Alex:
    ruudvdklauw:

Does it? I've used Beo4s which have died as soon as I've pressed a button, but they show nothing extra on the display. Am I missing something?

Me too!

Regards Graham

• 06-19-2007 6:07 AM In reply to

Thanks Graham.  As I'm always very gentle with my 'toys'  you've come up with just the reply I wanted.

John

• 06-19-2007 6:07 AM In reply to

Hi,

My beo4 really does give the sign ´Battery´ when they are low. Maybe some older or just newer types do not, my beo4 is about 7 years old.

Greetings,

Ruud

• 06-19-2007 6:31 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

ruudvdklauw:

Hi,

My beo4 really does give the sign ´Battery´ when they are low. Maybe some older or just newer types do not, my beo4 is about 7 years old.

Greetings,

Ruud

I didn't know that, thankyou! Never seen it on a Beo4 before...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-19-2007 7:50 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

On the older ones which the LCD screen dulls and then disappears. It happens so infrequently that you forget what is happening.

Beoaus

• 06-19-2007 8:26 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Ruud. You must have a special Beo4!
    I have about fiteen Beo4s and I have never seen Battery on the display.
    Jerryatric, If it was fine for the last 18 months I wouldn't mess with the programming. Just whack some new batteries in. Bet that restores it to it's former glory.Big Smile
    Welcome to Beoworld, glad to see you went for gold

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-19-2007 9:57 AM In reply to

jandyt:
    Hi Ruud. You must have a special Beo4!
    I have about fiteen Beo4s and I have never seen Battery on the display.
    Jerryatric, If it was fine for the last 18 months I wouldn't mess with the programming. Just whack some new batteries in. Bet that restores it to it's former glory.Big Smile
    Welcome to Beoworld, glad to see you went for gold

Andy T.

I agree 100% Andy and I've got a few Beo4's too.

Regards Graham

• 06-19-2007 1:14 PM In reply to

Hello to all,

I can't show pictures of the beo4 with 'battery' in the display, because I don't have low batteries in the beo4 or in stock now.

But I can show pictures of the instruction manual (in dutch only, sorry) of the beo4 in which you can read what the display shows in case of low battery capacity.

The problem is: how do I attach pictures to this reply, I'm not very handy with computerprograms.

Bye,

Ruud

• 06-19-2007 1:19 PM In reply to

Hello to all,

I can't show pictures of the beo4 with 'battery' in the display, because I have no low batteries in the beo4 or in stock now.

I can show pictures of the instruction manual of the beo4 (in dutch only, sorry) in which you can read what the display shows in case of low battery capacity.

The problem is: how do I attach pictures to this reply, I'm not very handy with computerprograms.

Bye,

Ruud

• 06-19-2007 1:57 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Wow!
    I feel really guilty suggesting that you could be mistaken, Ruud.
    I have just checked on my English manual (New version AMEM etc) and, Lo!
    "BATTERY Indicates that it is time to change the batteries in the Beo4 remote control "
    I have never seen this display. I guess we change our batteries before they get low enough to display this message.
    I am deliberately going to let one go flat then I'll send a photo in about two years

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-19-2007 2:02 PM In reply to

Apologies to all concerned, it appears that I was wrong!

My wife would say that she is not surprised!!!!!!!

Regards Graham

• 06-19-2007 5:01 PM In reply to

Hello to all,

Apologies excepted!!!

Greetings,

Ruud

• 06-19-2007 5:05 PM In reply to

I meant of course: apologies accepted!!!

Bye, bye

• 06-19-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

jandyt:

Wow!
    I feel really guilty suggesting that you could be mistaken, Ruud.
    I have just checked on my English manual (New version AMEM etc) and, Lo!
    "BATTERY Indicates that it is time to change the batteries in the Beo4 remote control "
    I have never seen this display. I guess we change our batteries before they get low enough to display this message.
    I am deliberately going to let one go flat then I'll send a photo in about two years

Andy T.

I've had a Beo4 for about 15months and had to replace the batteries last month, I was expecting -battery- to be displayed - but as mentioned above the only indication was the text fading.

TEL
  • 06-20-2007 2:51 AM In reply to

Thanks to all who kindly replied to my query.  I'll let you know the outcome.

John

• 06-20-2007 5:28 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

TEL:

I've had a Beo4 for about 15months and had to replace the batteries last month, I was expecting -battery- to be displayed - but as mentioned above the only indication was the text fading.

Hm, the text will fade and the display will show "Battery" but you can´t see it because the text is fading! Hmm

Maybe the warning should show up before the text started to fade!

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 06-21-2007 12:57 PM In reply to

Hi Folks!  The happy ending to my post of 19th June.  Incidentally, just noticed, I said, 'When I point the Beo4 in the opposite direction to the Beo4'.  I meant to say, 'The opposite direction to the BC 9300'.  How kind that nobody made a rude comment!  Anyway, the happy ending is that having inserted new batteries from 'Woolies' the Beo4  now works perfectly..  I shall now listen to a 'James Last' CD & thank all who were good enough to respond to my cry for help.

John

• 04-11-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Sorry to resurrect this old thread,  but I would really like to know this for sure.
    I have now had about 50 or 60 Beo4s of all three kinds, and have yet to see Battery in the display!

First person to send a photo' of the above, wins er.... my respect.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >