in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-20-2007 5:12 PM by Jackmasterfunk. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2007 2:27 AM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Serene pros and cons please..?

Dear all,

I have decided to buy beosound 1 finally. But under temptation, I really wanna buy one serene later. So if talking about serene alone, is it worth to own one?

Many have shared that they feel disappointing to serene, mainly due to quality problem. If ignoring Q.C., what's the pros and cons and this machine?

thanks a lot.

• 06-19-2007 2:40 AM In reply to

Re: Serene pros and cons please..?

Wait. Enjoy your BeoSound 1!

• 06-19-2007 11:21 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

thanks... but it seems that not many have interet on Serene.
  • 06-19-2007 12:50 PM In reply to

I think it is true that many people are disappointed with the Serene, me included. I have a Sony Ericsson K800i used with the Earsat 2

The big positives are the design and looks and general woo factor

The negatives are not 3G and price fairly high even for a great looking phone and quite a few others.

If you can wait, then you may have a better option with the Serene replacement which is 3G

Regards Keith....

• 06-19-2007 1:53 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

do you mean it has a poor spec? or poor build quality? 

also, the replacement will be come from B&O also? i wonder if B&O will give a replacement so quick (in 2 years time)?

• 06-19-2007 2:46 PM In reply to

If you were buying the Serene 5 years ago, it would be a good spec against the competition, but in the mobile phone world, things change very fast. If you only want to make and receive calls and perhaps keep your address book sync'ed with Outlook and you do not really want anything more than that and the woo factor is the really positive for you, then you are likely to purchase one of these phones assuming you have the money for it.

If you are focused on the latest technology and user facilities, then perhaps you should look elsewhere.

Both the Serene and the replacement phone are made by Samsung and on the 17th May 2007 Samsung got FCC approval in the US and so as far as Samsung are concerned, they normally make an announcement 3 months after FCC approval. When B&O will announce the product, who knows, but it may well appear in this years catalogue

Regards Keith....

• 06-19-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

Keith has right in all he sad but since i have it ,i lov it and wont give it back in my opinion its b+o (price + design + quality) and its a phone not a computer so for me it works very well and looks sexy and phenomenal in your hand specially in dockstation its a hot spot sorry for my english
    wer ist der grössere narr , der oder der der ihm folgt.
  • 06-20-2007 1:52 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Sure, the Serene can't offer the latest advances in technology - but as a phone it's superb due to its sound quality, which is easily noticed at both ends. The real turn-off for most people is the bothersome text message / SMS layout of the keypad.

Roger

• 06-20-2007 5:36 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

well, thank you all of you.

i think i will buy serene when I have money.

I think if next generation serene will be much more expensive. for 1500 euro, it is too much for me as a phone. mobile phone is very easy to get problem or lost. So i do not think I will put too much money on a mobile phone.

On the other hand, as you said, what i need is a simple phone which gives good talking quality, it will be okay.

• 06-20-2007 8:33 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

it is quite troublesome to type sms. I think it is even more troublesome than normal beocom phone which use turn wheel to type characters.
  • 06-20-2007 12:58 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

It's a basic phone which sends texts and does calls, albeit with a superb sound quality. You basically pay £50-100 for a phone, and £700 for the fact that everyone you'll meet will be impressed (inlcluding women) and in any group comparing phones, it'll be agreed that you have something really rather cool. You'll either think that's a waste of money, but I love mine and I love not having just another generic plastic piece of rubbish everyone has seen before. It's all a bit like trying to justify a £10,000 swiss watch when a £30 digital one will keep better time and come with additional functions
  • 06-20-2007 2:40 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hear hear, Calvin! YesBig Smile

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-20-2007 5:12 PM In reply to

you keep the point calvin the essence of coolness in your hand just let it open like macic a little chopperfield effekt
    wer ist der grössere narr , der oder der der ihm folgt.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)