in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-14-2011 12:08 PM by vikinger. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2010 5:01 AM In reply to

Re: Where is the share price going?

9 LEE:

Welcome to Bang & Olufsen, owned and run by BeoWorld Members.

First product, the BeoGram 7500 (the 7000 replacement) - then the all new DAB BeoSound 9000, followed by bankruptcy.

LaughingLaughing

Board meeting every @Wednesday ! Laughing

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-12-2010 6:59 AM In reply to

tournedos:

XavierItzmann:

I would hazard that these were not the exact same securities OR one of the two exchanges imposes certain fees/limits/minimums which distort the price at that particular exchange.

On the other hand, if you have discovered an arbitrage opportunity of this dimension, you should have remained quiet and made a bundle already by simple continuously buying in one and selling in the other.  

Great idea, but at least for us mere mortals there is no real possibility for that - the shares are tied to a bank (broker) and invariably are sold in the same place that where they bought. Otherwise I would concentrate on daily Nokia trading between OMXH and NYSE Smile

I don't even follow others than OMXC for B&O as the volume is much larger at the "home" exchange. The variations can also be caused because of the buy/sell spread being much larger elsewhere - the last trade might have been at x.yz, but that doesn't mean anybody will buy/sell your stock at that price if you put in an offer.

On further review I think the most likely explanation is that on exchanges with low volume trading there may be several days where nothing changes hands, then in the meantime, the Copenhagen price has dropped. Several days later a new trade on the smaller volume exchange appears to show a massive drop but it's actually from a price maybe a week old. All the different current prices just reflects that there hasn't been a recent trade at several exchanges.... they just show their own last trade prices regardless of what has happened at Copenhagen. Mika is right ........ just follow the Copenhagen price and ignore everything else. (The trend is still downward, 59.5DKK today.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 02-12-2010 11:23 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

When you look at the trades it looks like the banks are the big buyers and sellers.   Shares ended today at 58.0 DKK.

• 03-01-2011 9:59 AM In reply to

expoman:

When you look at the trades it looks like the banks are the big buyers and sellers.   Shares ended today at 58.0 DKK.

One year on in this thread!

The B&O share price has risen about 16% in the past week and now stands at 83.50 DKK. Nice rising curve looking as if it has further to go.

Can't see any obvious reason for this move. Any ideas, anyone?

Graham

EDIT. The moment I posted, the share price started to fall back ! LoL!!!

• 03-01-2011 10:31 AM In reply to

I suppose it's mostly due to the last financial report which was pretty promising, as well as the CEO change (stock markets often like that, at least until the new person hasn't been able to announce any strategic changes). The actual handover was today.

Nice to be (again) back above the pre-offering price of ~80 DKK two years back. Makes easier to evaluate the choice of tripling the ownership for 19 DKK per new share Smile

-mika

• 03-01-2011 10:37 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Maybe the market thinks B&O is an oil company? :-)

• 03-01-2011 3:26 PM In reply to

• psand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

I think this is a typical "turnaround case". The CEO change is the decisive factor, while increasing sales growth in Asia and the automotive business is a supporting factor.

What I think is not yet factored in, due to lack of knowledge and technological understanding in the market, is the BeoNet launch later this year. This could potentially be as important as the original Beolink launch in 1986. The question is whether it's too late to influence prospective new customers.

• 03-14-2011 12:08 PM In reply to

Suddenly up 7.5% today (after some downward drifting). (No sooner did I type that the price eased back  to 80DKK)!

Graham

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2