in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-14-2011 12:08 PM by vikinger. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2010 5:19 PM

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Where is the share price going?

From Jan 12th to today.  Down 30 dk or 33% from Jan 19.

• 02-08-2010 6:16 PM In reply to

Re: Where is the share price going?

expoman:

From Jan 12th to today.  Down 30 dk or 33% from Jan 19.

The markets did not like the last financial report that showed published targets on the road to profitability not being met. The price has kept falling since (5% today?) Must be vulnerable to someone making an offer for a takeover at some point........ but I'm not clear on who the major current shareholders are and whether anyone has built a sufficient holding.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 02-08-2010 7:14 PM In reply to

I'll mount a hostile takeover if I can knock a few grand together.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-08-2010 7:49 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Your not hostile.  Hows your Danish :-)

• 02-08-2010 9:56 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

I'll mount a hostile takeover if I can knock a few grand together.

Smile

The stock trades at €8 and there are 36 million shares.

This company can be had for €290 million; a controlling share, for even less.

• 02-09-2010 2:22 AM In reply to

XavierItzmann:

Smile

The stock trades at €8 and there are 36 million shares.

This company can be had for €290 million; a controlling share, for even less.

The share classes were merged last spring, but I believe most of the former A shares (which had more voting rights) are still in the hands of the "original owners" and therefore probably not that easily for sale. The rest are probably spread around, so anyone attempting a takeover would have to collect them here and there - and when the rumours start, I'd expect the price to shoot back up.

Last week was pretty awful for markets in general, and B&O seems quite volatile when that happens. I don't understand yesterday's drop though, I couldn't find any news that could be related to it. Trading volume was on the high side, maybe somebody just offloaded larger amounts...

-mika

• 02-09-2010 3:49 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

I know the markets are volatile, but we have to face facts.

Bang & Olufsen is all about producing quality products (eg the BeoVision 10, BeoLab 5s etc )  and we have to bear in mind that we only have a small product range.

So who in their right mind is going to invest in a company that has produced so many lemons in the past few years. Some of which have been taken out off production after such a small period of time.

With regards to the digital platform, well B&O are still at the starting blocks!

So we haven't exactly got a package that is going to make investors queue up to buy shares, IMHO.

Answers please on a postcard to the CEO Struer.

• 02-09-2010 5:09 AM In reply to

Maybe B&O are going in the same direction as Finnair and SAS?  (I hope not)

I would love a digital music player/library from B&O, say a mix of BS9000 and iTunes on a computer, The look of the BS9000 with electronics to cater the "digital music player" part. And a great wlan operated remote control to control it.  

In my case the answer to my wish is not BS5... I wouldn't touch it. It's not a complete product. (IMHO)

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-09-2010 5:36 AM In reply to

Analysts were disappointed by management's performance in the Q&A following the presentation of the latest financial statement. The Danish Aktiebrevet (Shareholder's letter - a well known newsletter for investors) called it downright "pinlig" - embarrassing.

But it was their first real showing, and they'll do better. Look at this site, with the membership growing as fast as it does - there are a lot of B&O lovers around, for all our various reasons. It's a strong brand, that's been failed by some spreadsheet-management that failed to take the brand's heart into account, but I'm pretty confident it will resurge.

• 02-09-2010 10:23 AM In reply to

Try to find a second Victor Muller! (Saab)

• 02-09-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

• RWST
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2010
    • Amsterdam, NL
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

As we speak the stock is trading at 61.50 DKK.

From a chart technical point of view, the stock should be able to rebound from current levels after it came down from the 90 DKK year high made in January. However most analyst have a negative rating on the stock for the medium term, one analyst even put a price target of 50 DKK.

Personally I think that when the stock hits 55 DKK, it worthwhile to pick up the stock or reload at these levels, chart techinically 55 should hold.

In addition, I like to believe that with the new CEO, B&O as a company is much faster to introduce new succesful products such as the recent BV10 and is not just relying on past successes. Considdering the positive reaction on the BV10 and the fast introduction of a second model, the BV10 seems to turn into a cashcow for the company.

So I expect the company on the next earnings release to come up with a more positive earnings result than the last one. Therefore if the stock would drop further I am willing to take a chance and pick up some at levels mentioned before.

Regards

• 02-09-2010 10:51 AM In reply to

ernie:

I believe he's still to show any money, apart from that backed by the Swedish taxpayers Stick out tongue

I'm with soundproof on this (otherwise I would've sold a long time ago). I expect the share price to creep up in the next months and the next Q report might already be more pleasant. Although a product or two won't make it or break it, the half year report included the production and R&D investments for important new products, but none of their sales yet.

-mika

• 02-09-2010 1:22 PM In reply to

290000000€/13000 Members=22308€ for each one Big Smile

• 02-09-2010 1:31 PM In reply to

mauszwerg:

290000000€/13000 Members=22308€ for each one Big Smile

I'm not sure I'd like to see the Frankenstein product portfolio that would produced after that Laughing

-mika

• 02-09-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Welcome to Bang & Olufsen, owned and run by BeoWorld Members.

First product, the BeoGram 7500 (the 7000 replacement) - then the all new DAB BeoSound 9000, followed by bankruptcy.

LaughingLaughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-09-2010 2:13 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

9 LEE:

First product, the BeoGram 7500 (the 7000 replacement) - then the all new DAB BeoSound 9000, followed by bankruptcy.

LaughingLaughing

................but can you imagine the bunfight  at the inaugural AGM over strategic product direction..........................Fantastic!BeerBeerSuper AngryDevil

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-09-2010 2:17 PM In reply to

• RWST
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2010
    • Amsterdam, NL
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Oooohhhh noooooo, here we go again.......Mac/PC, PC Mac

LOL

• 02-09-2010 2:59 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

RWST:

LOL

Unsure

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-09-2010 3:28 PM In reply to

Puncher:

9 LEE:

LaughingLaughing

................but can you imagine the bunfight  at the inaugural AGM over strategic product direction..........................Fantastic!BeerBeerSuper AngryDevil

This would be settled on Wed© Laughing

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-09-2010 4:35 PM In reply to

ernie:

A "bankrupt" company taking over another bakrupt one... Hmmm.... 

I wish someone else had taken over SAAB, someone with liquidity. 

-Andreas

• 02-10-2010 2:49 AM In reply to

RWST:

LOL

No problem there! The new Beogram 7500 will include docks for IPadPodPhones and Microsoft Zune, as well as being able to stream content wirelessly to the new gold coloured U90 headphones with two-way remote capabilities!

Laughing

-mika

• 02-10-2010 7:52 AM In reply to

Share price may have bottomed around 60kr and starting to rise again. Amazing variation in price around the european (mainly German) exchanges....... but volumes are low away from the main trading at Copenhagen.

The stock is trading at only about 10%  of the levels of about 3 years ago (when high share prices also had extraordinarily high dividend payouts.)

Graham

EDIT Those high dividend payouts were obviously a great mistake: with the benefit of hindsight the company could have helped itself by reducing the dividends and building up capital.

• 02-11-2010 5:42 PM In reply to

Does anyone understand the range of prices for B&O shares trading on different exchanges? Today, the last trade on the Stuttgart exchange was 7.75 euro (down 20.5% on the previous day's price at this exchange) whilst Berlin was 9.71 euro (down on this exchange by 9.2%).

Copenhagen was 60.5DKK (down 1.6% on the day.) You would expect with modern communications that there would be similar prices for buying or selling on most exchanges (taking account of exchange rate spreads if also involved.)

Graham

• 02-11-2010 6:40 PM In reply to

I would hazard that these were not the exact same securities OR one of the two exchanges imposes certain fees/limits/minimums which distort the price at that particular exchange.

On the other hand, if you have discovered an arbitrage opportunity of this dimension, you should have remained quiet and made a bundle already by simple continuously buying in one and selling in the other.  

Chances are that this message is too late and someone else already read it and equalized the prices and is on the way now to a B&O dealer to completely update his whole home automation system with an all B&O custom system.  Or just buy a new palace from scratch and have a new B&O system integrated all over it.

Smile

• 02-12-2010 2:42 AM In reply to

XavierItzmann:

I would hazard that these were not the exact same securities OR one of the two exchanges imposes certain fees/limits/minimums which distort the price at that particular exchange.

On the other hand, if you have discovered an arbitrage opportunity of this dimension, you should have remained quiet and made a bundle already by simple continuously buying in one and selling in the other.  

Great idea, but at least for us mere mortals there is no real possibility for that - the shares are tied to a bank (broker) and invariably are sold in the same place that where they bought. Otherwise I would concentrate on daily Nokia trading between OMXH and NYSE Smile

I don't even follow others than OMXC for B&O as the volume is much larger at the "home" exchange. The variations can also be caused because of the buy/sell spread being much larger elsewhere - the last trade might have been at x.yz, but that doesn't mean anybody will buy/sell your stock at that price if you put in an offer.

-mika

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >