in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2012 9:08 AM by hazeboss. 40 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-18-2011 10:05 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Martin (Dillen)

Nidul:

.. will talk to you very soon, another Nappy change is calling...

Do we have one of our youngest members here i ask?  Laughing

Anyway, to Martin.  A truly wonderful person, in person - and on the end of an internet connection.  Either way, he's one of the most selfless people i've ever met.  Funnily enough, the nicest people i've ever met mostly reside right here on BeoWorld and it's a privilege to know them.

Sadly, people like Martin (and Chris, Peter, Keith and many others one here) are becoming a rarer breed.  The world seems to be changing into a 'take what you can, as often as you can, for free' kinda place.  Thankfully, BeoWorld bucks that trend - and long may it continue.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-18-2011 1:50 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

This topic scared me, after the ones about Steve Jobs and David Lewis. Sad

Glad to find Dillen is still alive and kicking. Big Smile

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 11-18-2011 2:17 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Yes I would also love to spend time working with Martin, he certainly is a credit to all whom love using, and enjoy servicing B&O, and for manufacturing those special unobtainable parts well, where would we be without his valuable knowledge and expertise?

So I raise a glass to you sir Beer Cheers...

wokbelly:

My only concern here is Martin if you been working on B&o for 30+ years  you need an apprentice so someone can carry the torch after you have passed on which hopefully will be a 100+ years old because i still need an awfull lot of information from you and so does everyone here. You offering any apprenticeship  courses ?  hehehhee   Thanks for all your help  Roger

Olly.

• 11-18-2011 2:22 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Let me join you mates! Here's to Martin!

Jacques

• 11-18-2011 3:01 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Take Martin's generosity, sincerity & general all round niceness as seen on the public face of Beoworld. Now times it by a factor of 10 & you will still be way off mark as to the real person behind the crocodile.

One of the best blokes I've had the pleasure to have aquainted.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-18-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Nidul:

There is one on Ebay at the moment which is untested but does have the screen so I a gonna try and win this at a reasonable price then try a make one good Beolink 5000 out of the two.

Nidul,

I can't help thinking that you should be concentrating on looking afer/repairing the equipment that you already own rather than buying more in the hope that this will solve your problems.  In my experience, if you buy something 'untested', it doesn't work - hence you will be no further forward. 

I would concentrated on getting the BM7000 working with the Beo4 or BL1000 first, then adding two way remote capability at a later stage.  A BL5000 will always be very difficult to use without the screen functioning; you cannot even set it up for one- or two-way operation unless you can see the screen (unless you hold another working BL5000 alongside and replicate the button presses).

I strongly suggest you leave the BL5000 for now and concentrate on repairing a 'basic' B&O audio system, probably the BM7000, especially if funds are tight.

• 11-18-2011 4:38 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I have to agree with this. Beolink 5000's are decent enough remotes but are extremely delicate & easily damaged. Reconnecting the screens to the PCB is nigh on impossible if not done at factory assembly stage - I have tried with several with varying degrees of success none of which was any where near satisfactory. Save 2 way com's until you can afford a Beolink 7000.

Get yourself a Beolink1000 which is a better option than a Beo4 with your Beomaster 7000 as it is easier to use for tuning purposes etc & much cheaper as they seem to be selling for anywhere between £10 & £40 depending on condition. Oh & BTW, to select tape 2 input on a BM7000 (using beolink1000) - press shift/tape or to select the aux input press shift/radio Wink

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-18-2011 5:42 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Daniel:

This topic scared me, after the ones about Steve Jobs and David Lewis. Sad

Glad to find Dillen is still alive and kicking. Big Smile

My first thought, too - I was thinking, "God, the man JUST sent me some belts to bring BC back to life!  What's happened!?!?"

Martin has supplied me with two cap kits, turntable and cassette deck belts, a midrange, and much wisdom, advice, and encouragement.  May the world be filled with Martins!

I will be raising a glass tonight in his honor!

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 11-18-2011 5:47 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Here's to Martin then, from ALL of us here on BeoWorld..  A big "Cyber-Cheers" as we all raise a cold beer to that man.  Yes -  thumbs up

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-18-2011 8:47 PM In reply to

for helping me resurrect a BC 5000 .... Yes -  thumbs up Beer Yes -  thumbs up Beer Yes -  thumbs up 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-19-2011 11:35 AM In reply to

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Hi Lee,

Yes he will be your youngest member  bacause I don't plan on selling/getting rid of any of my equipment, just to keep expanding my collection. He will be around Bang & Olufsen for the rest of his life I hope. I mean its not really a bad thing to be around, now is it guys. I am hoping his first toy is gonna be a Beo 4 lol Stick out tongue because kids are very clever nowadays and will pick up using that remote fairly easily once I have showed him the way.Whistle

Hi Guy1680

Thank you for your advice and you are right I should concentrate on getting the Beomaster 7000 to 100%, but y problem is that if I see something come up, which doesn't come up very often then I just jup on it and want it. I know I shouldn't let my heart rule my head, but the Beovirus is a very hard thing, and I have secumbed to the pull one to many times!!! But if I didn't then my collection would not have grown so fast about a  month ago I did not own not even one piece of Bang & Olufsen wheather it was a magazine of a Tv. I had nothing although I had admired the company for a long time. Just never thought I could afford any of it! I have tried a Beo 4 on the system but cannot get it working? Do I need to programme the remote a certain way? I also have a Beolink 1000 here which I can use, but once again not sure how to?

Keep the advice coming guys, I am forever greatful!!!

Nidul 

5 Avant 28" VCR, 2 Silver, 2 Black, 1 Red/Burgandy ;-)

2 Avant 32" VCR, 1 silver, 1 Red/Burgandy

BeoVision MX1500 Black

Beovision MX4000 in Blue with Matching VCR

Beovision MX7000 in Grey with Matching VCR and Active Speakers

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

Beocom 1401 with 2 AV Control base 

BeoSystem 7000; BeoMaster 7000, BeoGram CD7000, BeoCord 7000 Cassette Deck.

1 Attyca Stand 

BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5000, 1 MCP 5500, 6 Beo4  

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

Trying to MasterLink It all!

• 11-19-2011 1:59 PM In reply to

• Andre
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • Cape Town
    • Posts 56
    • Bronze Member

Happiness and longlife, MartinSmile

Thanks for all your help with the 4002. I'm not there yet, but hopefully soon.

dauphine/aka dimwit

• 11-20-2011 3:32 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Well, I'm blown away.  Embarrassed

What can I say, that I haven't already said in this thread.
    Thanks and cheers.  Beer Laughing

Martin

• 11-21-2011 5:29 AM In reply to

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Hi there Martin,

Thank you for your advice on contacting Tim Jarman, which I have done, and he has been very helpful and I am going to go and see him on Saturday. I have been informed by Tim Jarman, that I need to get a belt kit for my BeoCord 7000 Tape Deck. So he advised me to ask you for a kit. So Martin could you please send me a kit. My email address is nidul (at) live.co.uk, I look forward to hearing from you very soon Martin. Once again Buddy thank you for your advice. Peace out

Nidul

5 Avant 28" VCR, 2 Silver, 2 Black, 1 Red/Burgandy ;-)

2 Avant 32" VCR, 1 silver, 1 Red/Burgandy

BeoVision MX1500 Black

Beovision MX4000 in Blue with Matching VCR

Beovision MX7000 in Grey with Matching VCR and Active Speakers

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

Beocom 1401 with 2 AV Control base 

BeoSystem 7000; BeoMaster 7000, BeoGram CD7000, BeoCord 7000 Cassette Deck.

1 Attyca Stand 

BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5000, 1 MCP 5500, 6 Beo4  

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

Trying to MasterLink It all!

• 11-21-2011 10:12 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Your Beomaster will be in the best hands, then.
    Email sent.

Martin

• 01-08-2012 9:08 AM In reply to

Hi Martin, I have been recommended to contact you from member mediabobny about repairs to my beogram cd 6500. I've had an engineer look at it and he states that the problem is that the tray runs on small nylon wheels or cogs that draw the tray in correctly in order for the disc clamp to come up in the correct position. He says the belt is fine but one of the wheels is missing. He couldn't remember last time he looked if there are 4 or 8 wheels. I was wondering if you could advise me how to fix this and if it is possible to get parts?

thanks very much for your time.

Harry Humphries. 

Page 2 of 2 (41 items) < Previous 1 2