in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2012 9:08 AM by hazeboss. 40 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2010 7:09 PM

Martin (Dillen)

Here's a post to embarrass Martin (Dillen).

After Martin helped me in the restoration of a white BM 2000 (bought faulty from a Danish small ad) I sent off my BM1200 (bought new circa 1972) for re-capping, new lights etc. It's just arrived back. I have still to test it fully, but I am amazed at how smoothly all the slide controls work and Martin has somehow re-finished the badly pitted/ corroded  slide controls to look like new (even though not asked for). I know that Martin only does these repairs/ restorations as a hobby, and the postage costs to and from Denmark can be on the high side, but his services are well worth consideration if you feel that you don't want to tackle a B&O electronics restoration yourself.

Interestingly, with this last restoration, Martin discovered a badly installed major capacitor pre-dating the BM by at least 5 years. So much for the honesty of some main dealers selling repaired equipment as new (38 years ago, and long out of business.)

Thanks again to Martin.Smile

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 02-05-2010 7:19 AM In reply to

• zazouzt
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • near Strasbourg/France
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Re: Martin (Dillen)

Hi,

I can only agree... Martin is very helpful.

Zazou

• 02-05-2010 9:14 AM In reply to

I'm in the club too... ( big fan of Martin Smile )

I can say, he surprised me as well, he found for me BV 1700 in teak to mach my vintage system. And we make a deal. Those days I were very busy, and I didn't had time to make payment. One day my wife call me and she said " honey, postmen just bring to us another pair of speakers .... which I'm not aware of Smile "
    I was really surprised that Martin sent to me without receiving my payment at the first place ! Nobody will do that !

So, again MARTIN thank you very much, speakers are great and I enjojed them every since they arrived !!!

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-05-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

nmartin771:
    I was really surprised that Martin sent to me without receiving my payment at the first place ! Nobody will do that !

Dear Martin,

Might you have a pair of BL5's just sitting around?

Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-05-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

Hardly he is old school. Big Smile

Yes Martin has a good heart. My B&O that he has had his well constructed hands on surely is in debt and so am I.

I could mention alot of examples but here is 2 at least.

My palisander BM8000 was a electronic mess when I got it. I took it straight to Martin and he fixed it. It was working great and 2 days later I had an option to pick it up ( 4 hours distance one way). I got it home late at night, plugged in the cord for 220volts and the fuses blew again! So that left the nettransformer which got changed and the BM8000 has been sounding great since and being stable.

My white BM6000 was dead. He went through it and noticed that some caps had been changed. Not Martins way but it was done okay and would be fine. Getting it home I found no remote working but he had the missing remote printboard (it was optinal back then) I could try.

Getting white edition Beovox S speakers was also posiple thanks to Martin. He got the Beovox S120 and white SC60 stand for me and it completes the white Beosystem 6000 with S80.2 and S120 in matching white. Yes foam rot and caps + stands for S80.2 were also part of it.

Thank you Martin! 

• 02-05-2010 12:17 PM In reply to

burantek:

nmartin771:

Dear Martin,

Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughing Seriously, Martin is a top guy! He supplied me with belts for my Beocord 7000 and gave me great advice!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 02-05-2010 12:29 PM In reply to

burantek:

nmartin771:

Dear Martin,

Laughing

Jaff, stay in the line ... I asked about BL9 first Cool

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-05-2010 1:18 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

vikinger:

Here's a post to embarrass Martin (Dillen).

Knowing how utterly selfless & unassuming Martin is, this will certainly embarrass him - but in a nice way. I don't think he realsies just how much we rely on him & how very much poorer Beoworld would be wouthout him.

I also know that he will certainly appreciate the thanks, Lord knows there have been enough occasions where people have just taken without any acknowledgement which can be utterly disheartening. It really is the appreciation of the vast majority of the membership which keeps him going where many would have thrown in the towel long ago. So I feel no shame at all in adding my name to Martin the "Beomeister's" fan club.Yes -  thumbs up

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-05-2010 3:10 PM In reply to

By the way.

While we are at it. Thank you Chris! My CDX is still working greatly.

I got my palisander BM8000 and the CDX in the same deal. Electronics needed service and so did the left hinge.

No idea there but maybe another CDX turned up to use for spares?

Then I came across Chris during a search here on Beoworld. Got in touch with Martin and some weeks later my CDX was back in order.

• 02-05-2010 3:40 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Now personally I'm nowhere near as modest as Martin & will take any plaudits, anywhere & at any timeLaughing

Seriously though, it is a genuine pleasure to help if I can.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-05-2010 3:55 PM In reply to

Martin is a generous man who has spent many hours helping me with various issues to do with my B&O collection, and this site would be very much the poorer without him. I suspect too that countless old pieces of B&O equipment would have otherwise ended up in the skip were it not for his skills and patience :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 02-05-2010 4:12 PM In reply to

Where is he?Embarrassed

Normally he responds, but now he's awfully quiet....Big Smile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-05-2010 4:22 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Where is he?Embarrassed

Busy diagnosing other problems, it seems Laughing Seriously, I can't understand how he finds the time, but I'm glad he does!

-mika

• 02-05-2010 4:49 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Where is he?Embarrassed

Packing my BL9 ....

Laughing

• 02-05-2010 7:02 PM In reply to

Without a doubt Martin is an extremely generous and thoughtful man.

He gives much of his personal time explaining in great detail the simplest of problems and faults to those of us with little knowledge, which for us is priceless. Not to mention the help and time he generously gives by fixing for many of us our faulty equipment.

For that I too would like to also say again a big Thank You to him.Yes -  thumbs up

Laurence

• 02-05-2010 7:14 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I too would like to add my two penn'orth.
    Although (as yet) I haven't had any cap kits, belts or bulbs from Martin, I have had so much information from him.
    His command of the enflish language , and the ability to explain thing in a non-technical way, is in itself worthy of remark.
    But more importantly, he's just...............there!
    Thanks Left Hug Martin.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-06-2010 4:08 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Guys, guys, guys...

Coming across a thread with my own name on it, thinking it was someone paging me
    and then reading all these wonderful feedback messages, I really don't know
    what to say besides err.. thanks guys, yes it is indeed embarassing.   Embarrassed

Bang & Olufsen produced some amazing and wonderful things (and they still do).
    Collecting and repairing these things has been a hobby for me for more than 30 years.
    The things deserve to be kept running and repairing and restoring the classic things
    gives me a pleasure hard to decribe, you can't begin to imagine how rewarding it feels.
    And yes, I have been very busy yesterday with a couple of stubborn faults but I am
    really only doing what I think is fun and if other people like it and benefit
    from it, well that only adds to that great feeling.

I can easily spend the whole day at Beoworld. As the fantastic place it is, it
    always has something new and interesting to share. I learn something new everyday
    and I owe that to all of you, our great members, the Beoworld owner and the rest
    of the moderating team.
    I've met so many nice people through my hobby, a few in person and many more
    through the internet. People I consider my good friends, not even knowing
    what most of them look like.
    Without you nothing of this would be possible.

To say thanks sounds so little but I can assure you that behind it there
    are thoughts so much larger.

Thanks.

Martin

• 02-07-2010 7:26 PM In reply to

I'll happily join the 'Martin Fan Club' purely by reading his posts and the way he happily helps anybody.

Yes -  thumbs upBeer Cheers!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 02-28-2010 10:04 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Yes, so will I!

Martin is kind and honest as one can be. His service and sound advice are indeed invaluable,  supplying us parts long discontinued by B&O themselves, with instuctions to boot!

Thank you, thank you.

Cheers! Beer

Jacques

Jacques

• 02-28-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

My only concern here is Martin if you been working on B&o for 30+ years  you need an apprentice so someone can carry the torch after you have passed on which hopefully will be a 100+ years old because i still need an awfull lot of information from you and so does everyone here. You offering any apprenticeship  courses ?  hehehhee   Thanks for all your help  Roger

• 11-17-2011 7:18 PM In reply to

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Martin (dillen)

Hi there, I am new here and have had an absolute nightmare with my new Beomaster 7000 and Beolink 5000. The system either has water/condensation damage, please help me am so annoyed as I have just brought the system. So like I said please help.

Kind Regards Nidul

5 Avant 28" VCR, 2 Silver, 2 Black, 1 Red/Burgandy ;-)

2 Avant 32" VCR, 1 silver, 1 Red/Burgandy

BeoVision MX1500 Black

Beovision MX4000 in Blue with Matching VCR

Beovision MX7000 in Grey with Matching VCR and Active Speakers

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

Beocom 1401 with 2 AV Control base 

BeoSystem 7000; BeoMaster 7000, BeoGram CD7000, BeoCord 7000 Cassette Deck.

1 Attyca Stand 

BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5000, 1 MCP 5500, 6 Beo4  

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

Trying to MasterLink It all!

• 11-18-2011 1:24 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Nidul,

Hardly the right place for your post but thanks for bringing this embarrassing thread up.  Embarrassed
    I am not sure how exactly I can help you.
    How much water did it get ?
    Was it clean water or something nasty ?
    Was it powered up while still wet ?
    Is it an insurance case ?

Martin

• 11-18-2011 6:09 AM In reply to

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Hi Martin,

Sorry for brining up this embarrasing thread lol, but you are a legend from my understanding. Whistle A real magician! The Doctor of all things Bang & Olufsen, I really need your help Buddy. So let me explain exactly what has happened. I have just very recently brought this system which included a BeoMaster 7000, Beogram 7000 CD, Beocord 7000 Tape, a Beolink 5000 with a missing screen, a pair of Beolab Penta II and a Pair of RL 35-2 which cost me around 680 quid. When I finally got the system and tried it, I plugged in an Ipod connection into the Aux socket but could not select that function via the remote, so then I tried the Tape 2 Socket which also did not select. Then I tried the Phono socket, which did work. So thats how I run my Ipod connection. The whole lot does sound a little bit flat, I need to turn up the volume to around 24-38 to get a nice sound.

So I just started to enjoy the system and moved it all to my flat, because it was all at my parents house. Set it all up excluding the RL35-2 and was working fine. The CD player worked fine, and when the tape function was selected, the tape deck made a noise like the motor was working but the tape was not spinning. To which I thought I will fix this problem at a latter date. Some of my Mid-Range Speakers needed refoaming aswell which also would have been repaired at a later date.

So now to the flood!!!Super AngrySuper AngrySuper Angry

I think the burst pipe was leaking for around 2 days, but it did not drip on to the system, but there was plenty of condensation in the room. The system was plugged in and on standby for the whole time up untill I discovered what had happened!!! So Me being a complete mug I turned it on and tried the system, it kind of worked but one of the speaker had a kind of interference/crackel type noise coming from it, that was the speaker that had water running under it, the rest did not Super Angry So I played my Ipod through the Phono socket for a min then turned it all of via the remote. When the landlord came about half an hour latter, I tried the system again to show him the damage to the speaker. It would not turn on!!! I was shall I say very upset by now.Super Angry So I assummed that all it needed was drying out. So I arranged for removal of the system, which unfortunatly took about a week. Once I got it all back to my parents I set it all up, exactly how I had it in the flat, but now it has started to play up.

The speaker that had water running under it!!! Was the first noticable problem, one of the Bass drivers was distorting quite bad, but luckily I had brought some spares from Ebay, so I replaced the problematic Bass Driver in the water damaged speaker, which luckily solved that problem. Then all of a sudden the screen stopped working. Sad So I paniked and opened up the bottom of the Penta, did I know what I was doing, Hell No, Unsure so I just blasted a hair dryer at the circuit board at the bottom of the speaker, and low and behold after a little fiddling the screen just suddenly came back to life!! I was jumping for joy as I had already been eyeing up a replacement screen on ebay for around 40 quid. So my speakers are ok for now thank god, but I think a re-cap and re-foam is in order to get the best out of them, which I plan to do myself with some instruction from the guys here on the forum. Never done it before so any advice would be greatly apprieceiated for example what type of Cap's do I need etc?  Whistle

Now for the Beomaster, that worked ok when I got it home, then after a while, the Ipod connection stopped working through the Phono socket I tried to turn on via the brokenish remote. Nothing happened so then I tried to change the connectio now it only works through the tape connection, the CD still selects and works but nothing else, no Aux, no Tape 2, etc. Also I cannot store any setting like Bass, Treble etc. Plus because the Beolink 5000 is missing the screen I cannot determine if the remote is at fault or the system or both. I defineatly think that the system needs repairing and a service, I really don't want to bin it as I just brought it and it seems to kind of half works. So this is where I need your help my friend can you please take a look at my Beomaster if you have the time and tell me whats wrong with it and carry out any repairs if needed. You would be an absolute life saver if you did, as I am not having much luck recently.

The flat was a very new tenancy and had not even been decorated or furnished yet. So no insurance had been taken out. So I really am out of pocket if the System can not be repaired. I have a three month old son as well which costs me arm and a leg, but that is the only good thing in my life right now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love him just as much as my Bang & Olufsen. The flat also has two Avant Tvs in there but they seem to be ok, thank god, they do have there own issues, but that can wait. My main concern is getting the Audio part of my syste working. So there you have it , the whole story. I am really sorry for going on a bit, but I really wanted to explain everything properly so then you can get an understanding of my issues. YOU ARE THE MAN, so I have been told. I hope you can help me, and I hope you have all the information needed to proceed. Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything I have left out that can help with your analisys.

Very Kind Regards one Depressed Nidul signing out Unsure

Ps; Once agian I do apologise for going on a bit Unsure

Pps; I am based in the UK and can be contacted on +44-(0)7538870940 Wink

BeoVision MX1500 Black

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

1 Attyca Stand 

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

• 11-18-2011 7:34 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Nidul,

Wow, thanks for the story and thanks for the praises.  Embarrassed

I would love to service your things but I am in Denmark and, even if I have serviced
    several things from the UK, shipping back and forth is nowhere near cheap and I suppose
    it would make more sense to find a more local repairer.
    Tim Jarman springs to mind. He is in Farnborough and he is extremely skilled and particularly good with the
    more exotic cases like this.
    He is usually quite booked up though, so the question is if he has the time
    to do it but he can be contacted through his website at beocentral.com and I suggest you
    try him before eventually shipping anything across the water.

Martin

• 11-18-2011 8:14 AM In reply to

• Nidul
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-22-2011
    • Hitchin, Herts
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Hey Martin,

Lol, Once again I do appologise for going on, it felt like I was writing an Essay back at school, and wow was that a long time ago! lol Stick out tongue

Thank you for the advice, I will try Mr Jarman, I don't mind if it takes a little bit of time as the system still works but only about 25% of it the rest is well unaccessable because of the lack of programing functions on the actual unit, and the fact that my remote is only half working and without a screen is pretty much useless. All I can do with it is turn the volume up and down, change from CD to Tape and set the Bass, Treble functions etc, the rest of the buttons are redundant. And what annoys me is that the stereo has alot of functions which I can not access!!!Super Angry There is one on Ebay at the moment which is untested but does have the screen so I a gonna try and win this at a reasonable price then try a make one good Beolink 5000 out of the two.

I hope Mr Jarman can help, if not then I am willing to pay the shipping costs etc, so I can have a Skilled person like yourself sort out my Beomaster. I mean I have thought about a replacement like for like but that would cost me at least 200 pounds and there is no garauntee that the syste will last, which means I would be wanting it serviced aswell which could cost me 100 on top of the purchase price. And then there is the factor of finding a suitable replacement? That could be quite hard. So all in all, once everything is weighed up shipping to Denmark does not sound like a bad idea. I wonder how much flights are? I could even carry it onto a plane and deliver it in person, but that is just a thought, probably no chance as the missus wants me to be changing nappies etc alll the time! Bloody woen they always have to spoil things.

Anyways I hope you are keeping Well Martin will talk to you very soon, another Nappy change is calling.

Peace out Buddy. Nidul   

BeoVision MX1500 Black

1 BeoCord VX7000 VHS VCR

1 Attyca Stand 

2 Penta II, 2 RL 45.2

I-Pod Connection!

Page 1 of 2 (41 items) 1 2 Next >