in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2010 4:25 PM by John. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2010 4:26 PM

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

Beocenter 7002 tuning cord.

Can anyone advise me how to replace the tuning cord. I have assumed the AM module needs removing and at first sight this looks easy but I see complications. There is a multi-way connector and four screws that look as if they release the whole unit. There are however three leads that disappear under the cover at the rear of the main panel.  These seem to be soldered  to the pcb of the AM module that would prevent the whole module being removed.

Is it required to replace the cord with it still attached to the set or do these leads have connectors somewhere? I am reluctant to unsolder them but it looks as if refitting a cord will be easier with the module removed. 

Thanks in anticipation

John.

• 02-03-2010 4:38 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 7002 tuning cord.

Has the cord snapped ?

It's quite commont to find the tuning capacitor/resistor seized in
    dried lubricants, causing the cord to slip (or the small gear wheel to break).

Martin

• 02-04-2010 2:20 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

I don't think it has snapped Martin but it looks as if one end has come adrift. I have been either brave, or foolhardy and unsoldered the three leads. it looks as if this is intended as the leads solder into reasonably substantial pads. I can see no damage to the small pinion but the mechanism does seem to have a tight spot. I would suspect it is dried grease as you said.

At least now that it is out I can work on it without risking damage to other parts.

Regards

John.

• 02-04-2010 4:25 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

I have cheated,

I remembered a scrap set my son found in a local auction. Its tape deck had disintegrated belts and still did not work when I replaced them. I think the record deck was also faulty so I had put it aside to restore later. It gave me a working AM module so I transplanted them. I am now in business again. The connections to the leads still puzzle me. They unsoldered without problems but a close look shows that terminals or something are crimped to the ends of the wires. They do not look however ass though they are plug and socket connectors.

I can now at leisure confirm why the tuning sticks and also try to re-string the pointer drive.

John

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)