in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2010 7:20 AM by bsantini. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2010 6:33 PM

"Enjoy importing 'B&O' from Chinese Wholesalers"

Here's an interesting page of Chinese suppliers offering to sell B&O (mainly A8 headphones) for next to nothing!

I wonder whether Morethan AV realise that their ad is anchored near the bottom of the page? (At least it was at the time of this posting!)

Quote from the bottom of the page:

"As the leading marketplace for cheap bang and olufsen a8 from all over China, TradeTang provide bang and olufsen a8 supplier list for our customers, and use ESCROW system to protect buyer's benefit. Buyer can buy bang and olufsen a8 at wholesale price from wide range of Chinese bang and olufsen a8 wholesalers after comparing all the quotation, So just enjoy yourself to import bang and olufsen a8 from China today!"

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 02-01-2010 6:58 PM In reply to

• beoblok
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2008
    • Finland
    • Posts 80
    • Bronze Member

Re: "Enjoy importing 'B&O' from Chinese Wholesalers"

The inspiration of possibility;

Those poor children... Unsure

If not them, then the other, underpaid.

Was in China a few month ago. Anything, but anything is possible there!Unsure

• 02-01-2010 6:59 PM In reply to

We see quite a few of these knockoff A8's at my shop. People usually buy them on ebay for $15-20 thinking they are real. Then are surprised when they break!

Best way to spot a fake while looking online is the black "b&o" box. They were never sold like that from B&O, at least not in the States.

• 02-02-2010 2:00 AM In reply to

Dixon Langeman:

We see quite a few of these knockoff A8's at my shop. People usually buy them on ebay for $15-20 thinking they are real. Then are surprised when they break!

Best way to spot a fake while looking online is the black "b&o" box. They were never sold like that from B&O, at least not in the States.

Exactly, not over here either. Only the "cardboard box".

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-02-2010 2:11 AM In reply to

repost for those of you who haven't seen the vid on spotting fake A8's

BS1 x 2, BS 3, BS4, BS2000 x 3, BS2300, BS4000, BS9000, BL4, BL 4000 x 2, BL8000 x 2, BL2500 x 2, BL2000, Beocom 2, Beocom 6000 x 4, Beocom 1401 x 4, Beocom 1600 x 2, Beocom 2500 x 4, Beotalk 1200, A9 Keyring, Beo4 x 8, Beotime, Bottle Opener

2011 Wish List: BL3500, BL6000, BL5, BL9, active link, BS5, Beo5

• 02-02-2010 4:12 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Dixon Langeman:

In the UK 'knockoff' is a term used for 'stolen' and therefore does not necessarily mean 'fake'.

• 02-02-2010 6:22 AM In reply to

completely fake, i bought a pair on youtube for 70€ :(...

look a this if can help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZMKFHYAY7U

• 02-02-2010 6:35 AM In reply to

I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that these are fakes or 'knockoffs'. What surprises me is the apparent number of manufacturers and wholesalers in China who are selling these fakes (and copies of many other 'quality' HiFi products by other manufacturers.) The Chinese government must know what's going on but can't (or doesn't want to) control it. Presumably B&O themselves are concerned but can't do anything.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 02-02-2010 6:51 AM In reply to

vikinger:

The Chinese government must know what's going on but can't (or doesn't want) to control it. Presumably B&O themselves are concerned but can't do anything.

Well, B&O could do something about it. If A8's really are so good (I dunno, I've never tried them) why not try advertising them somewhere? Like the "most copied headphones in the world"? They aren't that expensive - might even attract new customers, and at the same time increase  public awareness of this copying business...

Seems almost like they just don't want to sell them any more than they do now.

-mika

• 02-03-2010 7:43 PM In reply to

I knew fakes existed just not this good.   Can anyone tell me which one was heavier the fake or the real one....  I was unable to tell from the video...

• 02-04-2010 7:20 AM In reply to

An Italien women who actually helped begin the deisgner handbag market (she was the first to feature a woven-cross weave pattern, like today's Botega Venetta), was selling her original wares to exclusive retailers in the early 1950's, like Neiman Marcus. She decided that she needed to dress more fashionably, perhaps couture, and decided to visit Coco Chanel for a fitting.  Before she arraived at her appointment, she became aware that some of her most prized handbags designs were alresady being copied-aka: knocked-off-, and when she arrived for her consult with Coco, she began to explain her feelings are cried about her original work being copied and sold for less.

Coco's response was classic: "Honey, don't cry when they copy you. Cry when they don't."

Barry

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)