in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-18-2010 2:27 AM by Dave. 58 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2010 11:38 AM In reply to

• RWST
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2010
    • Amsterdam, NL
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 10 bad panels

Hi KMA,

Just had a chat with my dealer in Zurich, and pretty much as I expected, the feedback was similar to the one I received from my dealer in Amsterdam.

I am not trying to point if it is your dealer's fault or not, that is not the issue to my point of view. Rather the point in case is, how does your dealer react when a faulty/defected product is being delivered to one of "his" clients. Being part of a dealership, I view, is being the face of the company directly to the client. As such you try to represent the company as best as possible. Especially for a company like B&O and for the money that is being paid for its products, as a client you should receive the best service possible. In other words, I just feel your dealer should push a bit harder to stand for your interest and not just cash in, whether the "clouding" issue is his fault or not.

Good luck

• 02-26-2010 12:25 PM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

RWST:

Hi KMA,

Just had a chat with my dealer in Zurich, and pretty much as I expected, the feedback was similar to the one I received from my dealer in Amsterdam.

Thanks RWST,

It's good to hear how other dealers would react to such obvious clouding problems. I phoned my dealer on Wednesday, and they are active on the issue, and of course keep me informed of anything they hear from the factory.

The responses from your dealers have got me thinking though, as did Peter's recent post: maybe my dealer should simply act on their own, replace the television regardless of what B&O Denmark instruct or doesn't instruct, and then take it up with them.

Either way, as per my extended leniency in the complaint, both my dealer and B&O Denmark are currently within the 21-day "review & remedy" period. Who acts and how to resolve this, that remains to be seen.

Given that I am a B&O enthusiast, I am perhaps investing too much of my time in this on my dealer's behalf...

Again, thank you for the enquires you've made :)

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

• 02-26-2010 6:56 PM In reply to

Hi KMA,

I have watched this thread with interest as I'm thinking about getting a BV10 in the near future and wanted to see if your problem gets sorted... it really is an 'affordable' BV5 which i have always loved....

But you know what? This should not be your issue at all..... what RWST, Peter and others have alluded to and you have just conclude yourself is exactly correct... Your dealer should take back your TV and replace it with a new one and then they fight it out with B&O. I trust your dealer realises the bad image they are representing with this lack of basic customer service?

I see often in the fitout industry, my local suppliers / agents order goods (such as furniture, lighting etc ) from manufacturers/partners overseas, and if the goods come and are defective, they replace them. Its their responsibility to provide their client with a quality product, if their 'source' lets them down by giving less than the expectations, then as a business its their responsibility to provide what is expected and then take it up with the manufacturer separately after they have settled their clients problem.

I hope you can get this sorted out quickly.

Laurence.

• 03-14-2010 6:14 PM In reply to

Is there any progress with this?  I don't think this thread should be allowed to die - my BV10 has none of these problems so the claim that clouding is inherent in LCD technology is clearly not true - no clouding on any of my Apple Displays either........ have there been any developments?

• 03-15-2010 4:05 AM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

KingOfSnake:

Is there any progress with this?  I don't think this thread should be allowed to die - my BV10 has none of these problems so the claim that clouding is inherent in LCD technology is clearly not true - no clouding on any of my Apple Displays either........ have there been any developments?

Yes, I'm happy to say that I have some good news (I was going to share them after everything's settled):

I was contacted by my dealer and BeoCare; they have been in talks with each other, and we will solve the issue with my BeoVision 10 during this week.

My dealer will set up a preview of an exchange unit late in the evening, after the shop's closing hours, when dark & near dark viewing conditions can be arranged.

If there's no clouding visible with the exchange unit, I'll have a cloud-free BeoVision 10 by the end of the week. If, however, clouding is apparent on the exchange model as well, I can have a refund.

This may not be a standard procedure, and possibly varies on the severity of clouding or individual perception of it, but I do appreciate the choices available to me, and I really like the way my dealer is handling the situation.

I am hoping for a good unit, of course, since BeoVision 10 is the only model in B&O's current range of televisions that truly appeals to me design-wise.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a happy closure to my case :)

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

• 03-17-2010 4:44 PM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

Sad news:

I had a preview of two BeoVision 10 units at my dealer's tonight, after the shop's closing hours, in somewhat dimmed lighting conditions. "Movie watching conditions" could not be achieved, due to too much ambient light coming from the shopping centre's hallways.

One of the units had clouding that was actually worse than on my BeoVision 10. The other had notable clouding that was practically no improvement over mine. Both me and my dealer agreed on the problem.

So, 3 out of 3 BeoVision 10 units that I have seen had apparent clouding. Exchange proved not to be a viable solution to the issue, and I am looking at other options with my dealer.

Sadly, BeoVision 10 is not a keeper for me.

KMA

• 03-17-2010 5:55 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Folk used to claim that B&O only took the top few percentage performing panels for their TV's which partly explained their premium price. (Maybe this was plasma, but what's changed)?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-17-2010 6:49 PM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

Puncher:

Folk used to claim that B&O only took the top few percentage performing panels for their TV's which partly explained their premium price. (Maybe this was plasma, but what's changed)?

Could it be that the panel supplier's standards have got lower? Are they providing inferior stock in order to get rid of old panels now that the new production models are on the way (C-series as opposed to B8000-series panels currently used in BeoVision 10)? ...These are just guesses.

I'd like to think that at B&O nothing has changed, and they are doing all they can do to maintain very strict quality control on purchased panels (and on all other components as well). If this thread / case has lead to anything at B&O, may it be in even more scrutinous QC.

KMA

• 03-18-2010 2:27 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It's all quite interesting, maybe B&O can't do anything about this, as they have to get their components from somewhere, and if the quality control at those companies is poor, what can they do? Whatever happened to getting their components supplied by panasonic?

In my opinion, samsung isn't that great

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 3 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3