in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-01-2010 2:04 PM by richu. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2010 3:17 PM

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Audio Delay

Gents and Lady or Two,

I have a BV9 in the main room.  When I access it via link there is a delay in the sound. . .is there anyway to control this?

I.E. when i choose "TV" in a link room and put the tv in that room on the channel the words and picture don't match?

IS there any way to configure any of this?

Thanks

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 01-30-2010 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Delay

Hello All,

This is interesting... I don't have exactly the same issue, but a similar one...

I have a delay of sound in a link room when i use my BC6 as speakers to listen to NMUSIC, i.e it is just a fraction of a second behind what is playing in the main room, it is quite annoying. B&O's explanation was this is how link room is and nothing can be done????

David Coyne

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 01-31-2010 2:15 AM In reply to

Hi there,

There should be no audio delay at all on Masterlink in link rooms, that's why I still use the Masterlink cable and not wireless transmitters! The only delay in the audio signal should be when you play a video source in the main room (say a DVD on your BeoVision), and then listen to the soundtrack in a link room : this is because of the picture/sound sync that requires a delay in the main room, and if you shift to "AV-DVD", you will notice that there is no more delay..Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-31-2010 1:20 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I will try the AV option. . .

thank you

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 02-01-2010 2:04 PM In reply to

• richu
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-02-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 75
    • Bronze Member

Hi all

this is a known issue. If you can read german, try my post here: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/29303.aspx 26 Oct 2009 9:32 PM and newer.

It is because:

- masterlink only supports analog audio (hence this is why you have to connect a scart/cinch from a setop box to your BV, HDMI doesn't bring the audio onto masterlink)

- I think you have bad luck; you are looking analog TV oder a built in DVB tuner. why? see next

- as noted above, the audio delay is required because it takes the picture processor some time to build the image. For this time, an audio delay is required. Otherwise the audio will come out of the loudspeakers before the picture is ready.

- now when you have an external settop box to get TV, you can place a sound delay in between the SCART/Cinch and the BV. Such a audio delay is available by http://www.motron.com/product_info.php/products_id/133 . I use this and it works perfect. In this configuration, the linkroom audio will be delayed for this source. In the mainroom the delay is done by the BV and no other source will be delayed (ie radio/CD) -> when you don't use a settop box, you might want to cut the masterlink audio files and place the above delay in between...which I wouldn't do.

- or you might want to reduce the sound delay on your BV. But then the lipsync is gone. You (as the owner of this thread) will (always) see this (because you read this here), but the rest of your family probably won't notice. Before I had the motron delay box, I changed the delay from 200ms to 60ms (60ms is almost not noticeable by your ears) and my family members were happy. But I always saw that the lipsync is not good..so i had to buy this box.

- to change the sound delay in the BV, you have to go into the customer service menu

And I agree with B&O, that the delay must not be on the masterlink by default:
    Because you would get major problems, when connecting a Link TV via the HF link. On the HF link you get the video and on masterlink the (undelayed) audio. This works then fine when you have a CRT TV in your linkroom. When you have a LCD link TV, this TV will have to do it's own delay. The delay depends on the TV, its picture processor and this differs from any model.

I don't think that AV TV works. BTW, what do you mean by AV TV exactly?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)