in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2010 1:21 PM by chartz. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2010 1:15 AM

• pagir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-22-2009
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Grounding my Beogram 6002

Hello,

yesterday I pluged my Beogam 6002 to a Beocenter 9500 (that I have bought a few days ago, and is like new). A very annoying hum can be heard.

When I put my finger on the detector arm of the Beogram, when playing a record, it disappears.

I see that the Beocenter presents a ground screw, but what  should I do to connect it to the Beogram ? Indeed, I see no ground screw on the Beogram.

Your help will be very appreciated ! Best regards frm France (very rainy and cold today).

Pascal

• 01-27-2010 1:45 AM In reply to

Re: Grounding my Beogram 6002

There is probably a loose connection in the DIN plug. There are effectively two earths in the plug - the common ground is pin two but the chassis also earths to the casing of the DIN plug. This sometimes becomes detached. 

• 01-27-2010 3:31 AM In reply to

• pagir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-22-2009
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Hello Peter,

my DIN cable connection between the Beogram and the Beocenter is a new one. So the problem is perhaps located at the DIN connector of the Beogram (when I use my old Beomaster 2400, the problem is the same).

I know that DIN-RCA connectors exist, presenting a separate "floating ground" (). Could it be the solution, if I fix it to the groung screw of the Beocenter ?

Thanks again. Best regards.

Pascal

• 01-27-2010 4:08 AM In reply to

pagir:

my DIN cable connection between the Beogram and the Beocenter is a new one. So the problem is perhaps located at the DIN connector of the Beogram (when I use my old Beomaster 2400, the problem is the same).

It is possible that the ground is loose in the DIN socket of the Beogram, but not very probable... Are you sure the shield ground (sleeve to sleeve) is connected in the new cable? Don't try using any extra connection adapters to solve this, it would be just silly (and if the shield ground connection isn't there now, the adapter won't get it either).

The best way is of course to fix the real problem, but as an interim solution, you could run a separate wire from the BC ground screw to the chassis of the Beogram. The Beogram end could be jammed between the DIN connector shell and the sleeve of the plug, but perhaps you should tape it down somewhere visible so it'll annoy you enough to do the real fix sooner Big Smile Try this first anyway - if the hum goes away, the problem is most probably in your cable.

-mika

• 01-27-2010 12:10 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

pagir:

I know that DIN-RCA connectors exist, presenting a separate "floating ground" (). Could it be the solution, if I fix it to the groung screw of the Beocenter ?

Yes most definitely. I had the same problem on my 6006/8000 decks. Just open the DIN plug and link the chassis to the ground pin of the socket (the one on the top, in the middle, n°2 if memory serves), the hum should disappear!

Euh... soude un fil entre la partie métallique de la fiche DIN ( le pince-fil) et la broche du milieu, certaines DIN ont déjà cette connexion en interne, d'autres non !

J'ai résolu le même problème que toi sur mes Beogram en CINCH, mais maintenant j'ai un câble d'origine B&O et plus de souci !

À+

Jacques

• 01-27-2010 12:48 PM In reply to

• pagir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-22-2009
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Hello,

it's done and my problem is resolved: no hum at all !

Great thanks.

Pascal

• 01-27-2010 1:21 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Well done !