in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-11-2010 4:27 AM by SteveB. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2010 12:28 PM

• hansb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

A couple of probably simple/stupid questions & Samsung DLP

Ok...have had a chance to set up the Beo5 over the weekend and am very pleased with the results, even created some custom buttons for zones & equipment in Corel...nice!  Downloaded and installed the Panasonic XML to turn my projector on & off and that works great as does the button I created to switch the output from TV to Projector...neat!

My stupid/simple questions are:

• I've added channel logos and corrected the channel numbers in the list and they show up properly on the Beo5.  However, they don't properly change the channels.  Am I missing something I'm supposed to do?
    • I see you can ad LC2 to the system...I've got a couple of LC1's...how do I get the Beo5 to control them?
    • I've got a Samsung HLS6767 DLP set as my main tv.  Does someone have an XML that will turn it on/off like the one I got for the Panasonic projector?

Hans Hmm

• 01-27-2010 8:55 PM In reply to

• hansb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Re: A couple of probably simple/stupid questions & Samsung DLP

Lots of lookers...can nobody help out?Surprise

• 01-28-2010 2:56 AM In reply to

Hans,

I am pleased that you are getting on well with programming your Beo5, let me see if I can answer your questions:-

1. When you have multi-digit channel numbers, quite often you need to add a delay between the digits transmitted otherwise a digit can be missed.
    2. I would use the LC2 template and modify it as needed. I don't have an LC1 but I would not think much needs to be changed
    3. Whilst I don't have the codes for that particular Samsung unit, Samsung tend ot use the same protocols for most of their products, so you may well find a differnt model will work for off and on. Try this one for a Samsung Plasma HERE or this one for a standard TV HERE

Regards Keith....

• 01-28-2010 6:33 PM In reply to

• hansb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Keith...you're the man!

Adding a delay...I guessed at 150, worked perfectly.  All channel logos I'd added now work fine.  Now I'll just have to get to adding all the rest of the logos now that it works!

I found a "Light" control in the list of commands from the beo4 and added buttons for "light:play" and "light:stop" and that now turns the lights on and off.  Not sure what I'd have to do to dim, but hey...at least I can turn them on and off!

Didn't try both of the samsung codes you sent me, but the one for standard tv seems to work.  I'll need to test it some more, but for now, I put an on/off button on the main page for just turning the tv on.  The beosystem 3 controls the rest of the stuff, but I did add a second page that has the rest of the samsug tv controls...just haven't tested that yet.

So my remote now does what I want it to do...the rest will be gravy and I'll get to that when I've got more time. 

Thanks so much for all your help!

Hans

Big Smile

• 06-10-2010 12:39 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Hans,

I am pleased that you are getting on well with programming your Beo5, let me see if I can answer your questions:-

1. When you have multi-digit channel numbers, quite often you need to add a delay between the digits transmitted otherwise a digit can be missed.
    2. I would use the LC2 template and modify it as needed. I don't have an LC1 but I would not think much needs to be changed
    3. Whilst I don't have the codes for that particular Samsung unit, Samsung tend ot use the same protocols for most of their products, so you may well find a differnt model will work for off and on. Try this one for a Samsung Plasma HERE or this one for a standard TV HERE

Hi Keith, could you provide an up to date link for the Samsung Plasma files. The link you provided previously does not seem valid any more and I cannot find them on the Beo5 downloads page

Many thanks in advance

Steve

• 06-10-2010 4:39 PM In reply to

Steve,

The links have been corrected.

At the begining of April when I moved the Beoworld web site to a new server I also introduced sub-domains of Beoworld and the Beo5 pages are now at http://beo5.beoworld.org

Regards Keith....

• 06-11-2010 4:27 AM In reply to

Thanks Keith your a star

Cheers

Steve

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)