in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-31-2010 6:51 PM by Puncher. 71 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (72 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2010 10:26 AM

46-inch BeoVision 10-46 coming

Bang & Olufsen has announces that they have a BeoVision 10-46 on the way. It will be available in april 2010 acording to sources.

More information here: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1264432673

Filed under:
  • 01-25-2010 11:16 AM In reply to

Re: 46-inch BeoVision 10-46 coming

That is great news! This will be my new main TV, finaly my 6 year old Sharp has to goBig Smile

I wonder how much more it will cost, compared to the 10-40?

Strange that they mention the new "audio system" but nothing about the BeoLab 11? I´m really looking forward to se itSmile

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 01-25-2010 12:55 PM In reply to

Taken from the interim report just released today on the official B&O website:

So no Ipod dock for the moment..Surprise

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-25-2010 1:00 PM In reply to

Oops, I missed the "paste" key:

As a consequence of the positive reception of BeoVision 10-40, a 46-inch version of BeoVision 10 will be launched within this fiscal year. The previously announced audio system is postponed on this basis.

UNQUOTE

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-25-2010 1:14 PM In reply to

SwedishBeoFan:

Strange that they mention the new "audio system" but nothing about the BeoLab 11? I´m really looking forward to se itSmile

The new subwoofer was mentioned in the webcast as being one of the products with an introduction this fiscal year

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 01-25-2010 2:35 PM In reply to

Honestly: Who needs an iPod/iPhone dock anymore? You? I think nobody. They should forget about it. If it was the same as BS5 "light" (for linkrooms) it´s something different, but a 2-way beo5 would make much more sense, than adding a system to the portfolio which forces the user to stand up and select his tunes just as BS5.

On the other hand: It casts a very poor light on the company and it´s state that their are even unable to develop 2 products at once, of which one was formerly announced as a future key product (the dock). I´m worried.

.b

• 01-25-2010 4:18 PM In reply to

When you look at the new audio system how it was described in the last years financial report it said that it links to an Ipod or a Beosound 5 system.

I 2nd the 2 way remote, but I am thinking they first should spend some time gather feedback what people really want from a BS5.

For example, MOTS within category to filter out holiday themed songs and gapless playing for concerts, classic and DJ mixes without gaps for non windows media file formats.

There is probably more from people who actually bought that thing, I am still holding my breath for the above, I could maybe live without a 2 way remote for a little longer.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-25-2010 4:23 PM In reply to

Anyone else find the comments on engadget amusing whenever they mention a B&O product?

• 01-25-2010 4:45 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

I also think that an iPod dock is totally useless for a high end brand which already has a "network player" (the BS5 is that, it must be improved but the basis is here) : why would one limit his music listening to the poor capacity (technically and in terms of storage space) of an iPod when it already has the ability to read his whole music collection in lossless with a system that is able to read on the home server (or the home NAS). Music is totally dematerialised now, using a material system (and paying the license for a pre-obsolete ipod connector compatibility) is not forward thinking. My music is on my NAS and on spotify/awdio.com/..., if I can listen to it directly with a network player, why would I copy it on my iPod before listening to it? It's like asking for a tape player when you have a full collection of CDs and a jukebox to listen to it!

• 01-25-2010 4:51 PM In reply to

• Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toronto
    • Posts 29
    • Bronze Member

mbee:
    I also think that an iPod dock is totally useless

I often dock my iPhone at friend's houses to play whatever new music or playlist I want to share. Don't use it at my own place though - except for other people's iPods.

• 01-25-2010 5:34 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

That's the only area where an ipod wan be useful... But a lot of my friends don't do that : they search for the track or album on the "cloud" (the internet) : usually on Youtube or Deezer (also on myspace) they find it, so that I can listen to their latest discovery without any problem and with no need for a dock... (and I can also listen to their songs through the earphones... Ok, that's tricky to start a party...)Smile

• 01-25-2010 5:39 PM In reply to

mbee:

I also think that an iPod dock is totally useless for a high end brand which already has a "network player" (the BS5 is that, it must be improved but the basis is here) : why would one limit his music listening to the poor capacity (technically and in terms of storage space) of an iPod when it already has the ability to read his whole music collection in lossless with a system that is able to read on the home server (or the home NAS). Music is totally dematerialised now, using a material system (and paying the license for a pre-obsolete ipod connector compatibility) is not forward thinking. My music is on my NAS and on spotify/awdio.com/..., if I can listen to it directly with a network player, why would I copy it on my iPod before listening to it? It's like asking for a tape player when you have a full collection of CDs and a jukebox to listen to it!

I totally agree with you.  However many of the so-called audiophile brands are also selling iPod docks.  Its a trend that probably won't stop.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 01-26-2010 10:11 AM In reply to

• RWST
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2010
    • Amsterdam, NL
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

The current price of a BeoVision 10-40" without options is about EUR 5400.- in The Netherlands. According to one of the official dealers, they expect the 10-46" to be priced about EUR 2000.- more.

• 01-27-2010 6:59 AM In reply to

RWST:

The current price of a BeoVision 10-40" without options is about EUR 5400.- in The Netherlands. According to one of the official dealers, they expect the 10-46" to be priced about EUR 2000.- more.

2000 EUR more is a bit pricey in my opinion. The step from 40-inch to 46-inch (in picture size) is not huge.

• 01-27-2010 7:26 AM In reply to

johnnielse:

2000 EUR more is a bit pricey in my opinion. The step from 40-inch to 46-inch (in picture size) is not huge.

Not huge - but if you think of it as surface area, it is +33%. The panel itself may be quite a bit more expensive.

-mika

• 01-27-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

• RWST
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2010
    • Amsterdam, NL
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Does anybody at this stage know if the sound on the BV10-46" will improve as well, i.e. stronger base?

• 01-28-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

Don't know. The price difference between the Samsung 40" LED and 46" LED suggest that the price is not that huge. I know that B&O probably uses the premium panels with higher classification (fewer pixel faults, lesser clouding etc.) but that aslo applies on the 40-inch.

The materials also has a role I guess. Well, maybe it's all right. I'm not sure :)

• 01-29-2010 4:58 AM In reply to

Thinking of upgrading my first generation BV5 for this BV10  46”  but now 3D is on the horizon might wait a while . After seeing ‘Avatar’ and the upcoming ‘Alice in Wonderland’ I think the demand will be there , I wasn’t blown away by the 3D experience but the effect is good and if its available I want it . It’s been said that half the population cant’ see 3D or it makes them sick , didn’t see anyone ill or complaining , asked quite a few people on the way out and no one I asked had a problem . I also have a projector cinema set-up , so wondering if this will make the Beo3 processor redundant to make that 3D ?  

Richard

• 01-29-2010 5:17 AM In reply to

a2bur:
    It’s been said that half the population cant’ see 3D or it makes them sick , didn’t see anyone ill or complaining , asked quite a few people on the way out and no one I asked had a problem . I also have a projector cinema set-up , so wondering if this will make the Beo3 processor redundant to make that 3D ?  

That's not true and probably just some sort of spin created by 3D haters. It's true that some people are having trouble seeing 3D but the current method with polarized glasses and/or shutter glasses leaves most of the 3D effect to the brain. You just get two different pictures and then it is your brain's task to translate this into 3D. And most people are able to see in 3D in the real world - I'm pretty sure about that. :) Sure, people with glasses need their glasses and some people with eye problems or astigmatism will have some trouble experiencing the 3D effect but most of the 3D environment in your surroundings is created mostly by your brain - not your eyes.

As to sickness - well maybe but not for the majority of the population. The new 3D effect uses full frame progressive signals in a double frame rate. The reason that you would get sick with the old 80-90's 3D was that they used interlaced signals in a low frame rate. When your brain had to put together interlaced pictures like this together it would often result in dizziness. It's the same principle in the real world. Your eyes provide you with the vision, your brain translates the data into 3D.

The BeoVision 10 reviewer on FlatpanelsHD has elaborated on 3D on BeoVision 10 and the possibilities of hardware upgrading the TV here: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/flatforums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=655

• 01-29-2010 6:19 AM In reply to

Re 3D vision and the wow effect. I can elaborate on this as I'm an optometrist. Unfortunately 3D vision requires good, balanced binocular vision. Firstly, there are those who posses very poor binocular vision, or none at all. These are people with lazy or squinting eyes. They will experience no 3D effect but will experience no headaches or visual strain. Secondly, and this is a bigger group, there are those with average binocular vision, but who only just get it. These are people who will complain of eyestrain on prolonged strenuous visual tasks, ie on computers. When these people then wear the polarised specs, it creates an alien environment which tends to decompensate the already fragile binocular vision. Then guess what, they end up with significant eyestrain after watching a 3D film, a bit like sitting in front of a computer for 6 hours. Long/Shortsightedness or astigmatism creates no barrier to stereopsis, except for an extra barrier with the 3D specs on top of conventional specs. For my part, I am having an optically perfect pair of specs made up to my prescription which includes the polarising lenses.

• 01-29-2010 2:17 PM In reply to

• RWST
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2010
    • Amsterdam, NL
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Hi a2bur,

I am eagerly waiting for the BV10-46" to hit the stores, I will be upgrading from my "good old" Avant. (major upgrade Smile)

Regarding the 3D, I noticed the current trend/hype. I think it will not be anytime soon for B&O to come up with a 3D version of the BV10.

But if somebody close to the company or just anybody hears different please inform us. It could be that with the new CEO, B&O is faster in picking up new trends.

Regards,

R

• 02-03-2010 3:47 AM In reply to

Brian: Nice with these extra inputs. Thanks!

• 02-06-2010 5:07 PM In reply to

In the Swedish newspaper "Dagens Industri" 4/2-2010 the BV10-46 is featured. The price is set at 100 000SEK(9800€). The BV 10-40 is 60 000SEK(5900€) in Sweden. This pricedifference was slightly higher then I would have expected. Does any one know if this is correct?

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 02-06-2010 6:08 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

SwedishBeoFan:

In the Swedish newspaper "Dagens Industri" 4/2-2010 the BV10-46 is featured. The price is set at 100 000SEK(9800€). The BV 10-40 is 60 000SEK(5900€) in Sweden. This pricedifference was slightly higher then I would have expected. Does any one know if this is correct?

That's a big jump for 6 inches of screen real estate! Nearly €4000. That can't be right? I was talking to a UK dealer and they expected the 46" to come in at £6900. The 40" is £5600, I think.

• 02-06-2010 8:11 PM In reply to

So the BV10 46' would be close to 10000 euros, isn't it?

Cheers,

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

Page 1 of 3 (72 items) 1 2 3 Next >