in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2010 11:18 AM by hansb. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2010 11:54 PM

• hansb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Crying [:'(] Newbie Help...configuration software won't start!

Ok...have the latest version of the configuration softare (as well as an earlier one).  I've installed it on two machines, a Windows 7 and a Vista machine.  Both installations seemed to go fine, however, the program won't start on either machine.  All I get is a rectangle that says "Beo5 Configuration Tool" in a grey bar and below that in a white bar it says "Loading..." That's as far as it goes. 

Have I done something wrong or what do I need to do to get to the actual programming?

Hans

• 01-23-2010 1:40 AM In reply to

• hansb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Re: Newbie Help...configuration software won't start!

Updat:  I dusted off the last remaining XP machine I've got and installed the software there.  It started right up after installation. 

Determined, I downloaded and installed XP Mode/Virtualization on the Windows 7 Ultimate machine.  Kinda neat, you actually start up an XP session/window on your Windows 7 desktop.  It's like a machine within your machine.  Anyway, re-installed the configuration tool within the XP window and it now starts up.

Don't know if I'll run into any other snags, but at least now I can play with the software!

Hans

Big Smile

• 01-23-2010 2:14 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hello Hans and welcome to Beoworld. 

Just one issue. Be VERY careful if the software also makes a firmware upgrade to your Beo5. 

In case the software fails during the firmware upgrade you might have an unpleasant result with a dead Beo5. It happened to me and the cost was half the Beo5 retail price!!! 

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 01-24-2010 8:23 AM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

I just bought a Beo 5 which is currently being programmed by the dealer.

When I complained about the necessity to have it programmed at the dealers, he commented that B&O is working on a programming software for the end consumer. Unfortunately, he was not able to provide me with a date when the software will be released.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

• 01-24-2010 11:18 AM In reply to

• hansb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-15-2009
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Marc,

Check this forum and you'll find links to download the software.  You can also find it on ebay.  I got a copy on ebay but it was an earlier version, subsequently downloaded the latest.

Software is pretty easy to use.  I set mine up yesterday.  You can see from above that I had a few glitches getting the software to run on my equipment, but once that was handled, it worked well.  My Beo5 now controls my system and is set up very nicely.  I'm sure I'll be tweaking it as time goes by, but it does more now that I was ever able to do with my beo4's (to be fair, I just never set up my beo4 properly). 

I've created custom buttons, added lots of new zone buttons and equipment buttons that I created in Corel.

Very happy so far.  The software also updated my Beo5 software from version 1.3 to 1.41

Hans

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)