in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2010 2:40 PM by tournedos. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2010 6:07 PM

Beogram 2000 motor mount grommet/bushings

Quick post to ask if anyone knows where to get drive motor mounting grommets for Beogram 2000. Mine got "spongy" allowing motor to sag below spec.

--3 grommets: 7 mm wide, 4.9mm tall with brass tube embedded.

-thanks- Heinrich

• 01-19-2010 1:12 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 2000 motor mount grommet/bushings

Welcome to Beoworld HeinrichSmile

Not available new anymore but I may have some somewhere. I'll have a look & get back to you.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-19-2010 3:58 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Are these the ones? Ignore the blue appearance - my camera flash has caused that, they are black rubber.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-19-2010 8:53 PM In reply to

To use a Yank term: Awesome! Mine are without the brass flange, but I'm thinking that would be an improvement because it would distribute the weight better and resist flattening out which is the problem with mine. Do they meet the 4.9-5.9mm tall dimension? If so it looks like a winner! I assume they are still pliable enough to survive installation? I tried turning mine 180 and they just shredded! Perhaps I should use a little silicone for lube? Let me know what you want for them, I wonder what shipping would be to 44107 in the USA? --Mrbidstuff@hotmail.com-

Much appreciated  -Hank

• 01-20-2010 3:29 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi Hank - we don't normally sell things like this on Beoworld - we give them away in the knowledge that these favours are returned at some point. Maybe not directly here but these favours tends to get repaid somewhere along the road of life. Before I fall into philosophy mode, check your "inbox" at the top right hand corner of the page where you will find a message from me.

They should fit your Beogram - if not then let me know as I may have some others laying around somewhere. When fitting them you need to first remove the brass sleeves before fitting the rubber bushes then reinsert them.

Chris.

• 01-31-2010 2:59 PM In reply to

Hey Chris, ...finally got a minute to sit down and try the new bushings...well I had to cut the inserts out of the old ones to fit my screws, but the rubbers appear to be the right size. I'm in the middle of it now, looks like a winner... I'll be in touch- tx-Hank

• 02-04-2010 1:57 PM In reply to

Hi Chris,

I wanted to be sure to thank you properly for your help with the grommet/bushings...Thank you!  Up and running famously now. And with renewed faith in the Human Spirit! I'm also glad to count myself a proud member of the BeoWorld Fraternity! (It feels more legitimate to be a member with an OPERATING beogram!- LOL)...Only problem now is: I want more Bang and Olufsen! Is this a common side-effect?

Cheers- Heinrich

• 02-04-2010 2:39 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Heinrich VonEnryheiferConant:

Only problem now is: I want more Bang and Olufsen! Is this a common side-effect?

Cheers- Heinrich

Ah..... looks like you caught the Beovirus which is pretty rife in these parts....

More than happy to help and it's a pleasure to help keep these decks running.

Chris.

• 02-04-2010 2:40 PM In reply to

Heinrich VonEnryheiferConant:

Only problem now is: I want more Bang and Olufsen! Is this a common side-effect?

I don't think anybody has managed to escape yet. Better start looking for a suitable Beomaster and a pair of speakers Big Smile

Enjoy your Beogram!

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)