in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-18-2010 6:37 AM by Burnix. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2010 5:16 AM

Beo5 Cofigurationsproblems - practically and strategically

Hello Beoworld - I am a new user, so please excuse some of my questions if there are obvious answers to them. I have been recommended by everybody to get advice here rather than going to my B&O dealer who charges me quit a fee every time I walk in the door with my Beo5.

My husband have just bought the Beo5 but he doesn't really have the technical skills, so I promised I would help. I have the latest configuration tool, so I should be able to programme the Beo5 myself.

We have a simple setup with a BS3200 (+ B&O compatible DAB) + 2 BL2500, BV5MK4 + B&O compatibale STB + LC2.

I have managed to assemble a list of all relevant logos for our tv. Later on I will gather the logos for the DAB.

My problem is:

1) Since I only have one zone it seems a bit odd that I need to choose the particular zone before getting access to the units - how do I get all relevant units up on the zone-screen?

2) Do I need to start from the beginning so to speak or does there exist templates with clever IR-buttons developed that I could benefit from?

3) Is there anyway one can use the Beo5 with Beocom2 (of which we have 4)?

4) In our kitchen we have a BS4 DAB + 2 BL4000/Office BS1/Bedroom BM4500+CD player+2 Beovox 100+2 LC2's+B&O compatible Panasonic TV linked to a BL2000 in our bathroom. Later on this will be linked with a Beolink Passive MCL + 2 Beovox 100 + 1 LC2 in utility room. Should I buy another Beo5 for Bedroom + 2 link room setup (the Beo5 in the living room will probably stay there)?

What would all you experienced Beo5 users recommend?

LouiseSmile

• 01-17-2010 6:47 AM In reply to

Re: Beo5 Cofigurationsproblems - practically and strategically

Hi,

I cann't help you, but if your beo5 is set-up bij your dealer ( i know its not working well at the moment), ask him for the XML file. So you have a back-up when you need it. The XML file can be uploaded in the configuration tool, so you have a basis to work around.

• 01-18-2010 6:37 AM In reply to

• Burnix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo5 Cofigurationsproblems - practically and strategically

Hi Louise,

Welcome to the forum. I will try and answer your questions:

1) You actually have 2 zones in your home - one zone where you can experience audio (BS3200 with speakers) and one zone where you can experience video & audio (BV5 with internal speakers). The easiest way to discover the number of zones is to count the locations where you have speakers. Actually you have a lot more zones based on your informations from your fourth question.

2) Unless you get your current configuration from your Dealer you need to start all over. Using the Config Tool it should be quite easy to set up the most basic stuff including all link stuff.

3) I'm not sure I quite understand what you are asking for.. The Beocom 2's can send out IR to control the audio of all your devices, but you cannot operate your telephones using Beo5.

4) I think the Beo5 is great in link rooms. The benefit is that the Beo5 will display the correct text on buttons in the link room while the Beo4 requires that you know how to use a function in the STB in the main room (like RED + GO and such). You can start by making a zone on your current Beo5 for your bedroom and try it out before you buy an additional.

Best,
    Burnix

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)