in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-16-2010 11:19 AM by StUrrock. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2010 8:41 PM

B&O and DLNA

Hi Everyone,

I plan to buy the BV8-40. But I do not want to make the same mistake as I did with my BV7-32 MKI which is now very limited compared to the newst version.

Is there any improvment planned within few months on BV8-40 ?

Will B&O integrate DLNA technology soon ? This technology seems to be very good indeed ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLNA

Matbkk

• 01-15-2010 1:53 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O and DLNA

There is no plan to integrate DLNA in the TV known today (but... who knows?)... But there are some state-of-the-art DLNA players that works well with PUC control (I'm thinking of Tvix here, we could also think about the PS3 which is good for a lot of things, but not so much as a DLNA player...)

Have you already tested a TV with DLNA inside (Samsung, Sony...)? It's just useless : a lot of HD files are not recognized, there is too much image freezing, and the interface is very slow... For me the DLNA enabled TV on the market actually are already more limited than a BV8 40, because you have this outdated technology inside... If you control a TVix with the PUC, you can get the best DLNA player available now, which is updated frequently, and you are not stuck with a poor player embedded. In that way I think the B&O way is good : they have proven not to be able to compete with the best of the computer brands concerning this kind of stuff, so it would just be stupid to pay the B&O bill (1500€ for a blu ray player on a BV7, so maybe the same price for DLNA...) for a limited DLNA player...

• 01-16-2010 11:19 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O and DLNA

Tvix works great!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)