in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-06-2010 8:32 AM by Beofile7. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2010 6:40 AM

Beolink operation

I thought I knew most regarding the operation of various Beolink components but this one is perplexing me:

I have a 7000 system with all components and TV, video, sat, dvd etc. Everything works fine in the main room and is controllable with the Beolink 1000, 5000 and 7000.

But, in a link room I find I cannot get sat or DVD. I can control them but I am not getting the signal to the TV. The VHS 7000 is s/w 3.1 and works fine. I understood that the VHS 7000 controls the video signals and directs them to link rooms but this just doesn't seem to be happening.

Any advice would be appreciated. All I am left with at the moment is maybe a software change or have I missed something in the wire up? I just can't see it.

Many thanks

• 01-13-2010 6:45 AM In reply to

Re: Beolink operation

Some link TV require you to save the link frequency under different channels. For example you'd save the TV link frequency under 60, the DVD link frequency under 61, the SAT link frequency under 62...

Download the setup manual for your link TV and it should be mentionned.

p.

• 01-13-2010 7:14 AM In reply to

Thanks for that Phil but I have done a full frequency search on 2 link TV's many times and they only find the VHS freq. That is the problem. The sat and DVD frequencies are not getting sent to the link rooms.

• 01-13-2010 8:03 AM In reply to

The frequency is the same, but you do need to store it under several channel numbers.
  • 02-06-2010 8:32 AM In reply to

Phil

Since your last communication I have tried everything but still no joy! The link TV's are an MX3500 and MX1500 connected to the VX7000 via a splitter and co-ax lead. Somehow I feel it needs a scart too despite the manual saying otherwise. Dealers don't know the answer either.

The only means of selecting frequencies is to do a channel search and then store allocating a preset number. The numbers you quote are not available. As I said, the VX7000 works fine but how do the SAT and DVD signals get routed?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)