in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-15-2010 12:27 AM by Dave. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2010 9:40 PM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Bittersweet

Unfortunately i was broken into a week before christmas and lost practically everything including the computer. Only electronics left in the house are my two large, but still loveable CRT's. Thank god for insurance, but you really don't expect this sort of thing to happen. It's a shock and it's violating. Wouldn't wish it on anybody

On a much needed positive note, on the 6th of february i will receive white BeoLab 9 with BeoCenter 2 which replace BeoLab 1 with DVD1 and BeoSound 4. Absolutely can't wait to hear these speakers in my home. Everything comes out in the wash, as some say!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-12-2010 11:31 PM In reply to

Re: Bittersweet

We have had that happen 1.5 times (one actual, one attempt) plus stuff taken from the car in our driveway ...

But we never lost anything serious ... so my commiserations on the loss and your feelings

On the positive side ... really envy you latest additions ... so I wish you great joy with them !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-13-2010 1:36 AM In reply to

Nasty story with a happy end. Enjoy your new speakers!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-13-2010 4:36 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

That is realy bittersweet and shocking!
    I had the same trouble a few years ago: They broke into my cellar on my birthday and stole some sensible equipment :-(

I think you can live in a tank and you'll not be safe from bad people doing those things...

Think positive even if it is realy a very bad feeling and shock at the 1st moment!  

• 01-13-2010 6:50 AM In reply to

• Teletom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2007
    • the Netherlands
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Hi Dave,

Have you actually seen the white BL9's at your dealer? All BL9's have a fabric frame. On the places for the midrange- and bassdrivers there are probably hundreds of small holes in the fabric, enabling the sound to pass through of course. In case of white BL 9's, all these holes are quite visuable through the cloth. It's ok as long as you did know before you ordered them, but if you did not you might get disapointed and that's what I would like to avoid.

Johan

• 01-13-2010 8:12 AM In reply to

Sorry to hear what happend...But enjoy your Beolab 9's when they arrive,fab speakers!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 01-13-2010 11:20 AM In reply to

DAVE! WOW!

So sorry to hear that! Super Angry

Enjoy the new gear! PICS on arrival! Big Smile

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-13-2010 2:02 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Sorry to hear about that, Dave!

Hope everything will be sorted out and you soon will enjoy your new system! Yes -  thumbs up

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-13-2010 9:36 PM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Thank god you were insured, but I've found replacement items never quite make up for the ones you originally had.  I've had the misfortune of being broken into whilst I was at home and you really do feel like you have been violated.

What colour combination were the BL1's?  I'll keep an eye out for them if they ever pop up for sale.

• 01-15-2010 12:27 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Thank you. :) Yes i think bittersweet is the perfect word. I too have been broken into whilst home, THAT is a very nasty thing to experience. However, thank god for insurance. Every cloud has a silver lining. Main concern when you are broken into is - "will they come back?" :S

The BL1's were silver on silver combination, i doubt they will be able to sell these items without being caught, besides, the DVD won't be much use, the BS4 was pin protected, as was the computer, so really, good luck to them right? 

I didn't realise the BL9's looked so different in white > We'll see how it goes when they get here, i'm sure it will be fine. I'm excited that i'm getting a BeoCenter 2.. i never imagined owning such an amazing piece, brand new!

They are also still replacing the BeoSound 4 which my dealer has offered to sell on for me at AUS$2800, with which i'll get a Beomedia from one of his customers...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)