in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-14-2010 3:35 AM by MERCATS. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2010 8:56 PM

Floor stand for BS4

Hi,

I was thinking of getting a floor stand for my BS4.  I noticed on STB that they have adapters to use the BC2 floor stand.  What would this do for me?  I mean, why would you use that one rather than just a BS4 floor stand?

Also, does anyone know what the stand would run me in either Europe or Australia? I have the feeling it would be cheaper for me to buy it in Europe and get it sent to Australia...

• 01-13-2010 3:35 AM In reply to

Re: Floor stand for BS4

The standard BS4 floor stand, like the BL4 floor stands have no internal cable housing, so you're left with all the cabling hanging out of the back of the unit, rather than neatly threaded inside the stand column.  You can use the BS3200 or BC2 floor stand (with the appropriate plate from STB) to conceal the cables - looks much neater.

Don't know the prices I'm afraid...

BV7-40 Blu-Ray, BL8000 MKII's, BL3's, BL2, BL7-4, BC2, BC6-26, BS3

• 01-13-2010 4:17 AM In reply to

• MERCATS
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • BEDFORDSHIRE
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

Hi there,

I also wanted a floor stand for my BS4 but was not happy with all the leads being on show.  So , I came up with this solution.

I bought a BEOSTORAGE ST2500 stand.  I  removed the black base from the BS4 which allowed it to sit better on the stand.  Now, all the cables are hidden (down the centre of the stand) and you have the added bonus of more storage for your cd's.

I hope this gives you a possible alternative to your problem.

MERCATS

• 01-13-2010 9:23 PM In reply to

Ah okay, I'll go check out what the local pusher has in their shop here.  I suspect a BC2 stand won't be cheap though...

• 01-13-2010 11:16 PM In reply to

Okay, the BC2 stand is $610 AUD and the 3200 stand is $435 AUD.

Seems kind of high but I've got no other options other than the ST2500 which probably doesn't make much sense for me since I no longer own a single CD.

Has anyone ever tried that with the STB bracket and the 3200 or BC2 stand?  Will the ML cable connector fit through the opening? Does it fit up the pipe cable channel thing of the stand?  If not... are they hard to fit a connector end to if I have to cut it?  Please keep in mind my only tool at home is a Leatherman =)

• 01-13-2010 11:44 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

I have STB products for both a BS 3200 system, and another using a BL 4 ( using a BL 3 stand ) and reccommend the STB quality products highly.

As I recall the STB package came with everything including a small Allen wrench. The packets were shipped very fast via Royal Post. 

As mentioned above, the result is a more practical product that looks good as B&O intended, with no distracting wires or powerlink cables dangling in the wind for all to see.

• 01-14-2010 3:35 AM In reply to

• MERCATS
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • BEDFORDSHIRE
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

Hi again,

I can confirm that the ML cable and all the other ones fit down the centre of the ST2500 stand.

Regards,

MERCATS

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)