in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-12-2010 3:44 PM by Nickyg63. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2010 12:06 PM

• ScottH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-04-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

MX7000 Masterlink to BV9

Hello,

This is my first post, I have been a 'lurker' for many months, and this site is an invaluable resource.

I have searched through all of the previous posts and read many articles, but none of them seem to have an answer to my question.

I have a MX7000, which I would like to link with my Beovision 9.  The Beovision 9 has a SkyHD, PS3 and AppleTV all connected.  I am only interested in being able to watch the content from the SKYHD box.  I would like to know what I need to be able to connect the two devices so that I can watch the SkyHD source on the MX7000.

I have structured cabling (Cat5e) which runs to all rooms in my house and I have also been reading how to distribute the Masterlink throughout the house.  I have, again, read many posts in relation to connecting Masterlink equipment and I am still undecided on which way to go.  I am probably going to purchase the 'pre-made' cables sold through B&O (even though there are deficiencies because I don't have Cat6/7).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

• 01-12-2010 1:52 PM In reply to

Re: MX7000 Masterlink to BV9

It is unclear to me from the BeoWorld product section, BeoCentral, and BeoTech sites whether the MX7000 has Masterlink as standard or as an option (if at all).

However be aware that:

-- the Masterlink technology is used to transmit the control signals and carry the audio content, and

-- a separate cable is needed to carry the video content - I believe the BV9 will "broadcast" a radio frequency video signal for any link set(s) to receive

The link set(s) receive their audio via their master link connection, and exchange control signals via that connection.

Hope that helps a little.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-12-2010 3:44 PM In reply to

Re: MX7000 Masterlink to BV9

hi your mx7000 is a fantastic set! It doesn't have masterlink you need a beolink video module(which i have one available) and this connect to powerlink socket  you will also need to feed a coax from the video out to the aerial of the mx7000 hope that helps 

Cheers Nick

P.s. e mail me if your require the beolink video

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)