in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-14-2010 7:23 PM by Peter. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2010 4:50 AM

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

What is the smartest option to control everything with one remote?

Hi Everybody!

Which is the smartest way to go? I have a BV3-32 that has a surround module but unfortunately no STB Controller card.
    Since I want to control my Sagem Set top box and AppleTV with my Beo 4,  my question is:

- Is there a STB card to mount in the slot in the TV I can buy as a spare part, that can handle a Sagem box and Apple TV? Are there different generations of STB lists that perhaps makes my BV3 too old to control fx an AppleTV ?

- Is it smarter/cheaper to buy a BEO 5 that perhaps can control the Apple TV and the Sagem box directly without additional cables and cards?

All ideas are welcome!

/Peter 

• 01-12-2010 6:31 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Re: What is the smartest option to control everything with one remote?

Hi Peter

I had my Avant 32 to control both AppleTV and my Samsungbox. Worked very nice.

You have to use an special y-adpter to get it to work.  I dont know if its possible with the BV3.

Search the forum and you will find answers.

Not a direct answer to your question, but if its possible, and if any dealer have that kind of STB-controller card left its not very hard to put the card into the telly. There are good instructions along with the card.

Check this side on the forum for more info regarding the "STB-Chip"

http://forum.beoworld.org/groups/stb-c_supported_products/default.aspx

saw just now that we live in the same country, Stick out tongueSo

Hej Peter

Hoppas detta kan hjälpa dig.

/Hebo

BV10

• 01-12-2010 1:46 PM In reply to

Hi, 

I also have a BV3_32 and a BV7_32, as far as I know, even the last STB update on BV3 has no Apple TV in its list.

I would suggest you use a Lintronic converter TT455RT238, have a look at their website, it will be the easiest and most future-proof solution for you, especially as you can customize all Beo4 controls, which the B&O STB/PUC softwares can't.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-12-2010 5:19 PM In reply to

For me using a BEO5 and the beo5 programming service found trough beoworld was a clear choice.

Service was excellent, and results everything I wanted!

So now I have only one remote controlling 5 machines. 3 of these non B&O. 

I'm sure updating the STB software in the BV5, and buying a compatible receiver would have been more expensive than a new Beo5 and programming.

My choice, programmed Beo5.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-13-2010 3:36 AM In reply to

• Silou
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-10-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 241
    • Gold Member

• 01-14-2010 5:49 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Thanks, Guys!

Ok, so this means that getting a STB controller card will not help me since the PUC list version for the BV 3-32 doesnt cover the Apple Remote?
    I thought BV-3 and the Avant was more or less the same TV in different packages, but obviously not.. And if I understood it right also from other posts, the STB card for the BV 3 is not possible to flash-upgrade to the same level as newer TV sets). I thought this was the most obvious solution, but seems not to be an option for me at all then..

Leaves me with the two other options:

- Lintronic; seem like a great future proof solution (even if I really dont like to have more boxes and cables around..)

- Beo 5, looks neat but will probably end up as twice as expensive as the Lintronic solution even after I have gotten all the cables and stuff needed..

Thanks for helping!

/Peter 

• 01-14-2010 7:13 AM In reply to

I was under the impression that you can add our remotes directly to the apple TV instead of worrying about programming ext. So you should be able to control Apple TV directly VIA our B4 remote. Doesn't solve much if you want it out of sight but could be a good interim until you arrange for a dealer to visit and update your TV with the new codes.

• 01-14-2010 7:46 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hi BeoChime,

Yes, there is a neat little function on the AppleTV to make it "learn" other remotes. Worked perfectly to make it work with the remote to my Sagem box and probably any kind of standard remote….but ..of course..it didnt work with the Beo4 or my Beolink 1000. :-(   They use another standard I suppose.

If anyone knows a workaround on that or know about a plugin, please let me know..

I am using my iPhone as a remote as well to my Apple TV and there are soon various apps to control also B&O Equipment..

But, I just want to use my Beo 4 for all of it..

Thanks!

/P

• 01-14-2010 11:21 AM In reply to

Hi Peter,

Annoyingly it does let you add the Beo 5 and not the 4? Odd choice from Apple.

I Also use the IpodTouch/Iphone as a remote, I was amazed at the range of control this offer. Makes you wonder if B & O should just do an app for all it's products.

• 01-14-2010 11:32 AM In reply to

BeoChime:

I Also use the IpodTouch/Iphone as a remote, I was amazed at the range of control this offer. Makes you wonder if B & O should just do an app for all it's products.

If i may ask, what is the app that you are using ??

-Dimitris

• 01-14-2010 12:30 PM In reply to

Yep, just search remote on the app store. It's the second or first one.

• 01-14-2010 12:41 PM In reply to

That is the one i have also. It is called ''Remote''. Thank you for the info though.

-Dimitris

• 01-14-2010 7:23 PM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Yeah, the "remote" app is great..and at least for me it has a much better and faster response with the Apple TV using the iPhone instead of the Apple Remote, even better than the new sleek one in aluminium. I am looking forward to check out the L5 Remote from www.l5technology.com which will be B&O compatible later on..

BeoChime, regarding why Beo4 and Beolink 1000 doesnt work on the aTV is because B&O operate on another frequency ( thats why it doesnt work to control B&O equipment with most universal remotes, and also why L5 will be compatible later on.)

The Beo5 must be operating with both the B&O frequency and the "normal" frequency that is used by most other brands then i suppose..

Still pondering which way to go here, and actually a bit disappointed by how complicated B&O makes it sometimes... the BV-3 STB controller not being compatible with the latest upgrades and aTV ( if I understood that right) and also, as i posted in the Beogram forum, its not possible to use BV3, BS2300 and Beogram 3300 together whitout yet another tailor made box and a bunch of cables..that really sucks..

But I guess I am already in too deep, so no turning back :-)

/Peter

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)