in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-02-2010 2:50 PM by Douglas . 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2010 2:30 AM

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

BV7-32(new) to MiniMac

hello all

i want to use my BV7-32(non-dvd)(newest version) as a monitor so was thinking of buying a minimac as a pc for it and a wireless keyboard/mouse

i just looked at the specs for the mac and i cannot see a HDMI output on it....now i am computer numpty......so please be kind...

it will really only used for surfing and i-tunes, as an aside, if i buy an ipod touch can i control the mini mac from it..??

i realise a HDMI expander will be needed of course

and i have masterlinked speakers around the place

andy

currently in hong kong so might buy a cheap mini mac while here...

i am also master linked...both HDMI are currently used..DVD

• 01-12-2010 7:19 AM In reply to

Re: BV7-32(new) to MiniMac

Hi Andy

The Mini does not have a HDMI but a DVI socket. You will need a DVi to HDMI cable and furthermore a cable for sound ( you did not tell us if you have a BL 7 for your tv?) If you have no speaker to your tv, you only need DVI to HDMI. I have a setup with a mini to a BV 7-40 and it works perfect. I control my mini with my Beo5 (using PUC) and/or my Iphone. An Ipod Touch can also control itunes on your mini and i am pretty sure other apps can control almost everything aswell. 

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 01-12-2010 5:51 PM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Ehlerz

thanks for that, yes i do have sound so will need a second cable i guess )

• 01-12-2010 6:20 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

Hi andy,

like u, im a puter numpty, but tomorrow im getting a mini mac with wireless k/b and mouse on to my BV 7-40, so i will be interested in seeing how u get on as well. Im hoping to use it  for apple movie downloadsb but not sure I can in Ireland. We will see i guess.

Also getting a pair of Lab 5's as my main speakers :):):):)....i cant wait..my dream is about to be realised  as i have waited years for these.

So now i will move my lab8000's upstairs to my Bv 6-26 in bedroom.

Wishing u well with ur new minimac Andy.

ah, its just all good, all so damn good.

Paul-Dublin

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 01-12-2010 8:14 PM In reply to

paul:
    m hoping to use it  for apple movie downloadsb but not sure I can in Ireland

iTunes Ireland does not have TV Shows nor Movies, but hopefully you will be able to register with iTunes UK.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-13-2010 4:29 AM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

Yes Elephant, that is my plan and im hoping it works. I know the B&O shop here has it on screen, so there must be some workaround possible. Im here at home right now waiting on the B&O Install team to arrive with my new Lab5's :):):)....it dont get better than this:):)

Paul

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 01-13-2010 10:08 AM In reply to

Buy pre-paid iTunes cards in the UK and you can use the UK store from anywhere. p.
  • 04-30-2010 9:45 PM In reply to

Just saw the news that will make Paul happier :-)

As well as our French friends ... maybe sometime iTunes will also arrive in the Benelux countries ?

iTunes for Ireland and France

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-02-2010 5:03 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hi,

Great to see that you want to use your macmini as your PC.  The wireless KB and Mouse are also good accompaniment for the mac mini.  Although the current macmini doesn't have HDMI output, the current version has "Mini DVI Out".  There is a Mini DVI adapter to HDMI which you will need to use if you want to connect it to a HDMI port.

In this instance, it will be video only and you will need to connect audio separately.  HDMI uses DVI video and Optical audio in one cable.

I don't have a macmini, but I have a AppleTV which I use for iTunes and I use my iPhone to control it.  There is an 'app' called Apple Remote which you can download from the Apple App Store called Apple Remote which downloads on to your iPhone/iPod Touch which allows you to control your AppleTV.  I'm not sure if this 'app' lets you control the macmini.

The Apple platform has a thing called "Front Row" which is controlled via an apple remote, so i think the macmini can be controlled in the same manner. 

Hope this helps

Michael.

• 05-02-2010 2:50 PM In reply to

An AppleTV might be far cheaper (ebay) and easier to use!

Deffinately great for iTunes films, TV ect

Douglas.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)