in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2010 2:37 PM by Quim43. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2010 11:16 AM

BV 7-40 MkIV: Some explanation about the service counters please

Hi,

I just purchased a brand new BV 7-40 MkIV from a certified B&O dealer. Well, brand new I am not so sure about that anymore.

Just being curious I entered the “Service Menu” to check the “Service Counters” which showed me the next figures;

Boot counter                                                    11092   

On                                                                      11536

Screen                                 (days)                   16

Basic                                   (days)                   0

AV                                         (days)                  16

DVD  eject                                                         201

DVD Audio                          (days)                   0

DVD Video                           (days)                  1

DVD on                                                              118

What do these figures mean, have I (well not I obviously) turned on this TV 11536 times in 5 days?

Have I watched for 16x24 hours to this screen?

Who can give me some explanation about these figures?

• 01-11-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

Re: BV 7-40 MkIV: Some explanation about the service counters please

Does look like it has had some use!

On 11536 times..Id think that would have something like maybe 10 or 20 for testing not that amount!

16 days seams a lot also.

Think you better ask some questions from where you got the set!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 01-11-2010 1:38 PM In reply to

Hi,

I have one possible explanation. My BV 7-40 MK1 had almost the same amount of usage when I got it in January 2006.

After contacting the seller I got an explanation directly from Struer. They occasionally take a set from the production line to test it. But what suprised me most: they sell the unit without even resetting the counters. Fortunately I got a new monitor from the factory with apologies.

Hope this helps you.

Acanthus

• 01-11-2010 2:35 PM In reply to

Acanthus:

Hi,

I have one possible explanation. My BV 7-40 MK1 had almost the same amount of usage when I got it in January 2006.

After contacting the seller I got an explanation directly from Struer. They occasionally take a set from the production line to test it. But what suprised me most: they sell the unit without even resetting the counters. Fortunately I got a new monitor from the factory with apologies.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks Acanthus, this is important information and will almost certainly help me to find a solution to this mystery.

• 01-11-2010 2:37 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

I guess there is an error in this counter. I have a BV7-40 Mk3 for more than one year and the Boot Counter is 422, so there must be some fault in the Service Counter of your BV.

Edit: What Acanthus said is more logic. I was typing a reply while he posted it.

Quim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)