in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2010 6:25 AM by PhilLondon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2010 7:37 PM

Linkplayer and Plex....Im so confused!

I have a link room with a beolink passive.  I have a plasma tv that im using as a computer monitor connected to a mac mini and thats connected to a beoport..all in the same room.  I want to have the plex movie sound come out of the passive linked speakers that are already there.   Is this possible?  Can someone tell me exactly how?  I can listen to n. radio and n. music sources in any room  from the linkplayer/beoport setup but I can't figure out how to send the pc movie sound to the link rooms.  Help!

Chris

• 01-11-2010 12:44 AM In reply to

Re: Linkplayer and Plex....Im so confused!

At one level I seem to have reproduced your issue, but I am not sure if it is a problem or a bug.

I have this setup:

• Lounge
      1. BeoSound 4, A-OPT 2, powerlink attached BL 6000s
    • Family room
      1. BeoVision 8, V-OPT 2, powerlink attached BL 3s
      2. BeoPort, L-OPT 4 (via LinkPlayer), IR eye, A8 earphones, no speakers
      3. BeoLink Wireless 1 transmitter
    • Bedroom
      1. Beolink Wireless 1 receiver, L-OPT 6, IR eye, powerlink attached BL 4s

My reproduction of your problem was as follows:

I start LinkPlayer on the Mac, I press [PC] on the Beo4 and I get the LinkPlayer "Menu" screen on my Mac and on my BV8.
    I use the Beo4 to scroll down to "PLEX" and select it (GO).
    PLEX then starts in fullscreen mode and covers the LinkPlayer "Menu" screen.
    I use the Beo4 to scroll and select the "Movies" category, scroll and select a movie, and it starts.
    I get the movie's (PLEX) audio on the BV8, and on the A8s via the BeoPort. 
    I go to my lounge and press [PC] on the Beo4 and the BeoSound 4 displays "PC" and the BL 6000s play the PLEX audio.
    I go to my bedroom and press [PC] on the Beo4 and I only get hissing, no PLEX movie audio.

RED FACED UPDATE

BUT ... if I press the Beo4's [TV] in all 3 rooms I get my analogue free to air TV broadcast sound coming out of the speakers in all rooms; but not out of the earbuds - to force the TV out of the A8's I select "TV" on LinkPlayer's Virtual Remote.

This evening I did some tracing of wires and found that whilst I had properly wired the Mac's audio output to the BeoPort's input I had disconnect the parallel path into the BV8's audio input. So now the above statement is invalid, in fact I do not get PLEX movie audio across the BeoLink Wireless 1s and into the BL 4s.

BUT ... similarly if I press [N-MUSIC] on the Beo4 in all 3 rooms I again it audio coming out of all speakers (and earbuds).

In the above test I did have the BS4 drop into it's RADIO 1 program - but I think that is caused when I do not scroll the Beo4's soft keys as I move from room to room.  My observation of the softkeys is that they seem to bind themselves to a source (BM, BV, or Link product) and if you then move that Beo4 to another room simply pressing (GO) is not interpreted as a repeat command for [PC] but rather some default Beo4 command or default Link/BS product selection.

I hope this helps you in some way in the short term, mean while I have passed this link on the Phillipe as he does not use this forum to track problems with the beta.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-11-2010 6:25 AM In reply to

Re: Linkplayer and Plex....Im so confused!

Achilles:
    Help!
    Achilles, I do not have an agreement with Beoworld to use this site to provide support for LinkPlayer, so please contact me directly if you still require some help regarding LinkPlayer.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)