in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2010 3:53 AM by Hirthik. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2010 10:55 AM

3D TV

What is the different between a standard TV and a 3D TV? I have heard that if the TV has 120Hz or more it could show 3D. Is this right? Can BV 10 be used as a 3D-TV? what about BV7-40 mk3?

• 01-09-2010 10:58 AM In reply to

Re: 3D TV

I don't know all the tech behind it but you can't watch 3D on an older non-3D TV.  

• 01-09-2010 3:56 PM In reply to

This article explains the various technology alternatives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_television

There has been a lot of publicity coming out of last week's CES in Las Vegas.

I think we will see a lot of different approaches being pushed on to the market this year.

I hope we do not get a variation of the infamous format wars.

I would expect B&O to wait and see what happens before they risk their R&D resources; especially as even in this forum we see a range of television usage: we have some Beoworld people who are avid users of their Beovisions, and others only use their Beovision in a casual fashion.  I think B&O would find it difficult to predict what the 3D uptake of their installed base would be, and I don't think B&O are financially equipped to go head-to-head in a volatile market: what would B&O's USP be?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-10-2010 3:53 AM In reply to

• Hirthik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2009
    • Seattle, WA
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

B&O has to be pro-active on this new technology.. 2010 CES show marks the great push for 3D for Television viewing. With ESPN, Disney commiting to broadcasting sports on 3D, its only time before general public is going to accept this medium. I know, even though the idea of wearing glasses in our own home viewing television seems to be silly at this point, my guess is the consumer will eventually accept it.. how cool would it be to watch NFL football or World Cup soccer in 3D..

I hope B&O doesnt miss the boat as it did with Apple Ipod.  Can you believe B&O doesnt have an ipod dock yet, when every imaginable company make something for apple ( like the jogging shorts I picked up last week, which has a special pouch to hold your ipod Smile ) ohh but they have a $20 ipod cable..

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)