in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2010 6:16 AM by applemac1. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2010 9:44 AM

Avant 32 inche vcr with no sound when Appletv is connected using a YUV to RGB convertor

Hi having an problem with sound when connecting my Appletv through the AUX scart connection using a YUV to RGB convertor with RCA connections to the convertor for sound and composite for the picture from the Appletv. For some reason every time I switch on the Appletv I then have to select menu on the Avant and select sound and then select speaker level, when I let the Avant do a level test and switch back to the Appletv I get sound. Does anyone know why this is happening?

• 01-09-2010 8:22 AM In reply to

Re: Avant 32 inche vcr with no sound when Appletv is connected using a YUV to RGB convertor

OK looks like no one has any idea..

• 01-09-2010 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: Avant 32 inche vcr with no sound when Appletv is connected using a YUV to RGB convertor

Why are you doing the conversion? If you are outputting composite, why not just use composite on the Avant? I wonder if somehow this is confusing something. 

• 01-10-2010 6:16 AM In reply to

Why am I doing the conversion, Firstly Apple TV outputs in Component. As Im in the UK the Avant does not have component inputs, so in order to get the RGB out required for the Scart inputs, ive used a convertor. As to why ive not used component from the convertor simple it has a scart output only. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)