in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-07-2010 6:11 AM by Callen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2010 2:14 PM

BV5 "Sound Problems"

Hi

Just bought a Beovision 5 tv, I plugged a DVD player into the scart socket at the back but I am only getting a very faint sound coming from the BV5 Speakers. I can here the dvd being played but I am putting the volume up to 40+ and only hearing a background type of sound from the tv, the correct sound is coming out but its nothing like what it should be.

I have tried all of the scart sockets and there are now no additional speakers listed in the menu.

Any ideas why it might be doing this, could it be a setting problem or something more serious?

Thanks in advance.

• 01-06-2010 5:34 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV5 "Sound Problems"

Just an idea but have you connected the SPDIF cable between the BV5 and the DVD1?

Regards,

Emil

Inflagrante

• 01-07-2010 5:13 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Unless I'm missing it Emil, BeoBod doesn't mention the DVD player is a DVD1. Of course it may be!

Surely though the sound should be OK via scart only?

BeoBod, is the sound from the TV fine in all other respects and the problem from the DVD is only sound ouput and not picture? 

Not being familiar with the BV5, does the same problem occur in with other scart sockets? Does the scart socket need to be assigned to a DVD in the settings menu?

Finally, is the scart cable faulty?

• 01-07-2010 6:11 AM In reply to

Hi, could you confirm which DVD player you are using, some DVD players have independent volume adjustment so it may be sending a very weak signal to the BeoVision 5, I had a similair situation with a Virgin V+ box on my Beovision 5 until I realised the volume had been turned down low on the V+ box.

Regards,
    Cal

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)