in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2012 7:38 PM by DoubleU. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2012 12:24 PM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Re: B&O or Loewe?

mbee:
    the government don't rule the price of TV sets Whistle

DO not tempt fate!

• 02-21-2012 5:16 PM In reply to

If you want image quality wait for Panasonic VT50

Borja
  • 02-21-2012 5:49 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Isn't the VT50 (or VT65) the new plasma hidden behind the BV12???

• 02-22-2012 3:22 AM In reply to

Loewe has very nice and modern features. What I really miss from B&O most is an easy way to record or time shift.

But in my opinion the picture processing is not on same page as B&O. Some of my relatives have Loewe Individual LCDs and the difference between a SD and HD picture is very massive (comparing same program). On my B&O you hardly see a difference. For me it seems that B&O is capable to make a good picture even out of a not so good signal, while Loewe does not.

And you do not need to compare the inbuilt speakers. Loewe is much worse in this field.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 02-22-2012 4:16 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

My experience with Loewe compared to B&O is that their is more disparity in their sets as with B&O : they are constantly changing the display behind the same sets. You can have a very nice picture quality, but you can also have a really low PQ if you weren't lucky enough.

A friend of mine bought an individual, and was VERY disapointed because he had a dark image, nothing comparable to the set in display at his shop... The technician came and said it was normal...

When you buy a B&O, you have a more constant PQ : what you've seen in the shop is generally what you get at home. But you will have some software issues with newly launched stuff...

The new Loewe Assist app for iPad is really good : you get a well-designed view of the TV schedule, and you can select to watch or record a program with the touch of a button. (I already have that with my BV8, but with a french set top box controlled by the Beo6, not internally)

• 02-22-2012 4:43 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

mbee:

Isn't the VT50 (or VT65) the new plasma hidden behind the BV12???

I would be amazed if Panasonic supplied their newest panels to 3rd parties even before they had sold it themselves. I would expect the BV12 to use a previous panel.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-22-2012 5:14 AM In reply to

In my experience the build quality and picture quality were most defintely sub B&O.

The picture was a pixellated mess and the supposed chrome on the TV was actually plastic...eeeurgh..

You can always add stuff via Hdmi to a modern B&O tv ie; Apple Tv , Mac Mini , Sky Hd so I don't really think Loedwe have an upper hand in any way whatsoever anymore.

They've always struck me as a Bno wannabeee.

• 02-22-2012 7:38 PM In reply to

Flappo, can we assume you keep buying Loewe tv's so you are entitled to say the same thing over and over? Because 4/5 years ago you told us already how you feel. Devil

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2