in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2010 3:58 PM by greztaylor. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2010 10:18 AM

XML files for Playstation 3 Users

I wish to draw members attention to the fact that the DOWNLOAD section now has three Playstation 3 infrared adapter XML templates available as follows:-

• WB Electronics RE-BL adapter which has the ability to switch the unit off & on, more information HERE
    • Nyko Blu-Wave Dongle Adapter, see more infromation HERE
    • Schmartz IR to Bluetooth Converter, see more information HERE

Regards Keith....

• 01-09-2010 7:19 AM In reply to

Re: XML files for Playstation 3 Users

Hi Keith,

I do hope you are okay - you created some custom XML files for my LG BH 200 and  Apple TV last year which work great.

I received the RE-BL adaptor to control the PS3 as a gift for Christmas.  I have attempted to configure the device to my Beo 5 using the supplied XML file with little success.

I am struggling to map the RE-BL commands to the hard keys of the Beo 5 using the configuration tool.  I have tried the basic 'drag and drop' approach and the longer '3rd party IR' approach in 'properties however many of the options within the hard keys are greyed out.

Also my Beovision 10 STB list does not incorporate the RE-BL so I have selected 'G Sony DVD' from the STB list.  I must use an STB as the PS3 resides on a bracket on the back of the Beovision 10.  Do you have any advise as to how I might get the RE-BL working?

Many Thanks in advance,

Graham Taylor

• 01-09-2010 10:02 AM In reply to

Graham,

The RE-BL XML file was created and supplied to me by WB Electronics, so this has not been tested by me.

I have had a look at it and it was either created using the Latest Lintronic software or the Beoworld XML Generator meaning it only provides the commands on the screen.

As this XML file is configured as a "3rd Party Accessorary" it is standalone and therefore not associated with a I/O port

What port/button on the Beovision 10 do you have assigned for the PS3 ?

Regards Keith....

• 01-09-2010 4:44 PM In reply to

Hi Keith,

Thank for the swift reply.

I don't have it assigned at the moment as I've been experiencing difficulties but when I do I'll configure it to the 'DVD2' 'PUC 3'.  From the STB I can select either 'G Sony DVD' or 'Sony Playstation 3'.  THe RE-BL manufacturers recommend selecting Sony DVD from the STB menu. 

Thanks Keith

• 01-10-2010 6:05 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hello,

Just my two cents on this topic.

I purchased a RE-BL and recieved from WB electronics a PUC file said to have been provided by B&O.

When my dealer calme to deliver my new BV10, he installed this file in his configuration tool for TVs, then sent it to my BV9.

The RE-BL became available in the PUC list amongs the STBs and after transfer my PS3 is now flawless controlled with Beo5 or Beo4.

It may be another path to expore.

Kind regards,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 01-10-2010 7:07 AM In reply to

Hi Yann,

I think this is going to be the best option for me.

Do you actually use a Beo 5 to control the PS3 or have you gone with the Beo 4? if so, have you managed to program the hard keys of the Beo 5 to work with the RE-BL?

I really appreciate you taking time out to take photo's etc.  I'll contact my dealer and get them to update the STB list on my Beovision 10 as this will probably be the cleanest method of resolving my issue.

Thanks for your two cents !!!

Kindest Regards Graham

• 01-10-2010 8:20 AM In reply to

Graham,

Yann's suggestion is the best approach for complete integration.

However, I have recreated the WB Electronics XML file which has the digits and hardkeys pre-assigned for DIRECT control.

You can download it HERE

Regards Keith....

• 01-10-2010 2:47 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Good evening,

I took the Beo5 option.

Hard keys are operational.

You may ask to WB Electronics the .dec file to "feed" you dealer's configurator, as it is not in standard in this tool.

Kind regards,

Yann.

I took the Beo5 option:

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 01-10-2010 3:55 PM In reply to

Hi Yann,

Thanks for replying. 

I've applied Keith's earlier XML file and selected 'G Sony DVD' on the STB and I can now control the PS3 via the Beo 5.

The bad news is that I seem to only be able to control the PS3 when within a couple of metres of the TV.  I suspect this is something to do with the IR blaster or my STB selection. 

Those photos are amazing, the PS3 control logos etc look great !!!!  can you send me your XM file or logos?

I'm sure I'll get there at some point in the near future with this !!!

Thanks for your help today.

• 01-10-2010 3:58 PM In reply to

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the XML file - I can now control the PS3 using the RE-BL.

I am limited to only being able to use the Beo 5 within a few metres of the Beovision 10 when connecting through the PUC and STB.  Is this something you've seen before?  I assume it relates to my positioning of the IR blaster on the RE-BL?

Many Thanks Keith

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)