in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2010 3:57 PM by Judith. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2010 10:20 AM

Intermittent loss of STB Control on Avant

Hi Guys & Gals, 

Happy new year to you all.

New year new problems, I  am experiencing a really odd issue on occasion, when I turn on the TV to SAT/DTV-Sky I lose the control by the numbers, i.e. I am not able to change channel by inputing the channel number. This does not affect the normal numbers use as this ok, for instance I cannot input Go-5, I have to use Menu-5. The avant is not passing the numbers to the STB-C at all.

I am thinking about using a AV 2 Expander with my Beosystem 2 does anybody have any experience with one of these, I am currently using a scart switching box to enable more inputs.

Lastly does anybody know if the camcorder input on a Beosystem 2 when used as a STB input can use either of the Digital sound inputs if one of them is not being used?

Regards Simon

• 01-05-2010 4:04 PM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Re: Intermittent loss of STB Control on Avant

I have exactly the same problem.

This is even worse in link rooms where there is no way to use 'Menu 5' since 'Go 5' doesn't work. Its also pretty annoying that I can't type in my channel numbers to select a channel. I have to use the EPG to select channels!

This issue is also intermittent for me too. Sometimes when I switch on Im ok, other times not.

Regarding your question about digital audio, as far as I know the digital coax inputs are mapped to the AV scart and the V Tape one. You therefore won't be able to use them in conjunction with the camcorder input.

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 01-05-2010 4:16 PM In reply to

• Kiwi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Hi Simon,

If I remember well regarding the digital inputs on the BeoSystem2, input1 is linked to the AV-connector and input2 to the V-Tape connector. I don't think you can change this.

• 01-05-2010 4:51 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Glasgow
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

beolife:

New year new problems, I  am experiencing a really odd issue on occasion, when I turn on the TV to SAT/DTV-Sky I lose the control by the numbers, i.e. I am not able to change channel by inputing the channel number. This does not affect the normal numbers use as this ok, for instance I cannot input Go-5, I have to use Menu-5. The avant is not passing the numbers to the STB-C at all.

Hi,

I've had my Avant for 9 years now and I've always had this problem! My dealer did some investigating for me at the beginning but he never got to the bottom of it.

The problem appeared to be intermittent but we discovered that it always occurs when you turn on the Avant by pressing the SAT/DTV button. If you turn on the Avant by pressing the TV button and then press SAT/DTV to switch to the STB, the problem never occurs.

So, I got myself into the habit of using the TV button as an ON button and then switching to SAT/DTV. (You don't need to wait for the curtains to open after pressing TV - you can press SAT/DTV immediately after pressing TV.)

Hope this helps

Michael

• 01-05-2010 7:45 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

It sounds like the kind of problems encountered when the IR sticky pad is not correctly positioned over the IR receiver on the box. Even a couple of mil can make a difference. Ideally, it takes two people to set this in the perfect place.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-06-2010 2:14 PM In reply to

I am glad it not just me going mad thenBig Smile

Andy it is like what you mention apart from the fact everything apart from the numbers to the sky work- really frustratingAngry

Michael- I will try your solution and report back with my scientific findings!

• 01-06-2010 2:19 PM In reply to

Michael it works!

My wife said well done that man!

Thanks again 

Simon

• 01-08-2010 12:08 PM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Works for me too!

Thanks a million Michael!

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 01-08-2010 3:57 PM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Just fixed mine today - must be due to the change in weather.  The sticky thing had come unstuck from the Sky HD box.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)