in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-19-2011 4:55 PM by Keith Saunders. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2010 1:21 PM

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Apple TV XML with Apple docking station

I've already installed the Apple Dock. Station Xml on my Beo5 and it is really very nice being able to control even my apple TV.

However two issues:

1. Minor but would be better if the hard keys could be used. It could be easier in use.

2. Major (At least for me) I have the Apple TV on Camera (composite) and when I need to watch something I have to first press Camera and then go back to press apple TV to go on the menu with the soft keys. I really don't know about programming, but I think it would be easy to add the command "camera" on the XML (Somewhere at the beginning I guess) so that by pressing AppleTV the TV would directly switch to camera but still be in the AppleTV key menu. 

Is there any easy solution on this?

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 01-04-2010 1:57 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Re: Apple TV XML with Apple docking station

Hello Spiros

You can drag and drop every command from the Apple TV xml to the Camera submenu, so, when you press Camera, all the commands will appear in the screen of your Beo5. Is what I do when I want to control any non B&O source. I press DVD2 and I get the commands to control my Tvix, for example.

You can also drag and drop the commands you want to use with the hards keys over every hard key. It works for me.

Regards

Quim

• 01-04-2010 2:20 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hello Quim,

Many thanks for the tip which I will try in a few minutes. 

I guess that what you mean is drag and drop in the Camera screen all the Apple "TV" buttons? Will it also activate any hard keys as well or I should keep on dreaming Big Smile

I'll try the hard keys option but I just can't see how?!!!!

I'll keep you informed

Regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 01-04-2010 2:20 PM In reply to

Spiros,

You can download HERE a new Apple TV XML file which has the hard keys pre-assigned and when you press the "Apple TV" button it will select the camera input

Regards Keith....

• 01-04-2010 2:40 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Professor Keith that should be!!!!!!

Many thanks. Just uploaded to Beo5 and works perfectly!!!!!!!! Fantastic.

Quim I can also confirm that your method worked as well!!!! Excellent feedback.

Thanks for everything.

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 01-18-2011 4:15 PM In reply to

Hello Keith,

I'm looking for the Apple TV XML file too, but your link is dead... Is it possible for you to upload it on the beo5 download section ??

Thank you very much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV7-40, BL9, BL4000, BL2000, BV6-26, Beosound 5, Avant70

• 01-19-2011 4:55 PM In reply to

hackel:

I'm looking for the Apple TV XML file too, but your link is dead... Is it possible for you to upload it on the beo5 download section ??

Sorry about the broken link, clearly one of the links I missed when I moved the server.

You can download HERE the Apple TV XML file which has the hard keys pre-assigned and when you press the "Apple TV" button it will select the camera input

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)