in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2010 9:37 AM by Ken. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2010 8:29 AM

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

BV7-40 MK-II DVB-T/C upgrade missing AC3 sound

Hi all,

I just got my MB7-40 MK-I upgradet to a MK-II and got at DVB-T/C tuner installed. Everyting is working fine, but i don't get any DTS / AC3 sound on any of the digital challes. I know that it's sent, but clarly I don't get digitalsurround. Checking in menu / sound / cruurent active sound system it says Dolby Pro Logic for all channele.

I would expect that I can get DTS / AC3 sound with the set-up. Any one how kbow what could be wrong here?

Regards,

Ken 

• 01-04-2010 11:25 AM In reply to

Re: BV7-40 MK-II DVB-T/C upgrade missing AC3 sound

Could it be the SW level of the Sound Processor Card?

Similar thread about Avants where Ver 2.4 gives you DTS (as well) but lower versions only give you Dolby variants.

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 01-05-2010 3:50 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Could be a hint. I will check SW version and see if a new one is avaliable.

But I not that confident, as the DVB card dons,'t show the DD sign in the program info top header line, when I know the DD sound track is send.

Also the dealer check with B&O yesterday and they confirm that no DD will be posible. So result is that I have a HD ready TV with DSS module and after installing an orginal DVB-HD card I have no HD picture and no DSS sound. If I had used an external 200$ DVB-C reciever I woudl have had HD picture (downscaled to 720p) and full DSS sound. I'm really a bit disapointed here.

Ken

• 01-05-2010 9:30 AM In reply to

Have you selected the DD audio track within the menu of the STB-T/C?

For each channel you normally have to choose between Stereo or DD (mostly 2.0).

• 01-05-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

I have set Digital audio to Automatic in the set.up menu and when I press menu + 3 only no DD / AC3 /AAC track are avaliable to select, enven when I know they are send by the cable TV provider.

I looks like the DVB-HD module have been instructed by the BV-7 not to support HD and DSS and then it don't list it. I have also send a qustion directly to B&O about this and a awating thier response.

Ken  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)