in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2010 1:29 AM by flycub. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2010 3:30 AM

Bang&Olufsen external bluray player and hd recorder

Can we expact an external bluray player or combination bluray player/hd recorder from B&O in the future? B&O now only offer an integrated solution in BV7 but there are a lot of TV models which do not include a blu ray player so I think they should consider an external solution.

• 01-04-2010 4:02 AM In reply to

Re: Bang&Olufsen external bluray player and hd recorder

As we've heard several times on this forum - NO

-mika

• 01-04-2010 5:29 AM In reply to

An external Blueray-Player by B&O would be very nice.

But more urgent is an optional internal harddisk for all B&O TV models!!

Regards

• 01-04-2010 8:36 AM In reply to

What would that product look like? -Like an awful DVD1 or DVD2? Hideous, compared to BC2.

If it would look something like BC2 and incorporate BD, DVD, HDD, Radio, CD it would cost too much. Perhaps close to 2X the price of BC2? Or even more?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-04-2010 11:11 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Just bought my first Mac. A MacBook pro 17'' as a Christmas gift for my wife. Just love it and must get more Macs. Hm, reminds me of another virus. Hmm

Is it possible to use a Mac Mini as DVD and HD recorder?

If this is possible and it upgrades with Bluray and it can be remote controlled then I will get a BV7 without internal Bluray.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 01-04-2010 11:15 AM In reply to

An upgraded BC2 would just be wonderful - or even better a BS5/BM5 Combination that can do video streaming/recording as well.

For the time being I am happy with my HD Sat receiver (Technisat) with PVR harddisk and  Pioneer BluRay all controled via PUC and hidden in the cabinet. 

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-04-2010 11:47 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Daniel:

Just bought my first Mac. A MacBook pro 17'' as a Christmas gift for my wife. Just love it and must get more Macs. Hm, reminds me of another virus. Hmm

If this is possible and it upgrades with Bluray and it can be remote controlled then I will get a BV7 without internal Bluray.

It is possible to use a Mac Mini as a mediacenter/DVD player/ HD recorder, but you will never get it to play Blu-rays. You can fit a Blu-Ray drive to it, but it will only be possible to use it for data and not to play bought Blu-Ray movies.

• 01-04-2010 12:13 PM In reply to

I dont think we´ll se an external BR-player from B&O nor think I we´ll se them incorporated in Apples products. Blu-Ray just is not the way for the future, Digital distribution are. I think Blu-ray is somewhere in the middle of it´s lifecircuit and it just doesn´t make sense to to spend money on developing new products for a company like B&O.

If there was a easy/cheap way to "modify" the BC2 that would be great, but I guess it isn´t that easy. 

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 01-04-2010 12:24 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Toubro:

Daniel:

It is possible to use a Mac Mini as a mediacenter/DVD player/ HD recorder, but you will never get it to play Blu-rays. You can fit a Blu-Ray drive to it, but it will only be possible to use it for data and not to play bought Blu-Ray movies.

OK, thanks.

Would be perfect if it had Bluray as well.

I will go for an internal Bluray in BV7 (even if it would be cheaper with a PS3) and a Mac Mini.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 01-04-2010 12:27 PM In reply to

Everybody says the Bluray discs are not the future. They may be right, but how long shall we wait for 1080p broadcasts? I still haven´t seen a single channel transmitted in full HD. In fact most are still SD. There is a major difference in picture quality between HD ready and Full HD. 

I believe that Bluray will live far more than five years. I still want a BC2 with Bluray.

BV10, Avant DVD, BL5, BL4000, BS2300, BV6-26, MX 4002, 2xBeocom 6000, LC2

• 01-04-2010 4:17 PM In reply to

Actually here in France the major channels are in full HD. But the issue is less broadcast than VOD : Bluray is about movies, broadcast is about news, sports, junk, etc.

Video On Demand delivers HD movies to your home...

thavn:

Everybody says the Bluray discs are not the future. They may be right, but how long shall we wait for 1080p broadcasts? I still haven´t seen a single channel transmitted in full HD. In fact most are still SD. There is a major difference in picture quality between HD ready and Full HD. 

I believe that Bluray will live far more than five years. I still want a BC2 with Bluray.

• 01-04-2010 5:07 PM In reply to

flycub:
    here in France the major channels are in full HD

Here in Australia we have gone from the historic 5 analogue channels to now 5 x 3 digital channels.

Each of the old owners got 3 digital channels: two at 720, and one at 1080.

The net effect has been an increase in mediocrity ... and more tasteless advertisements.

So I am becoming more and more interested in downloaded content however Australia also has expensive and limited bandwidth so physical media still has an attraction.

My youngest son has just moved out from our home, taking his PS3 with him, and so we are now blue-ray-less, and therefore I am thinking of getting an economical blue-ray player: one supported by the PUC.

I find it hard to justify the different between a BV7 with and with-out a BR player.

{edit]

This is interesting within the comments of the life-cycle of blue-ray http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Hi-Vision

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-04-2010 6:07 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Edit

• 01-04-2010 6:08 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

flycub:

Actually here in France the major channels are in full HD. But the issue is less broadcast than VOD : Bluray is about movies, broadcast is about news, sports, junk, etc.

AFAIK France is not transmitting Full HD (1080p)

• 01-05-2010 1:29 AM In reply to

I stand corrected : TF1, France 2 and M6 broadcast in 1080i and not 1080p, so technically not Full HD.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)