in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-17-2007 4:48 PM by Bulgarien. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2007 8:03 AM

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

BeoCenter 2 news! Now in a "light" version!

BeoCenter 2  Audio

BC2 are now coming in a "light" version, without DVD player  called BeoCenter 2 Audio.

Instead of a cabinet in aluminium they use brushed steel (edit; proberly aluminium that look like steel. My dealer say that is difficult to see the difference inside a room  

• 06-16-2007 8:42 AM In reply to

Re: BeoCenter 2 News!

Actually the head unit is identical to the DVD version; only the socket unit changes. There are now two finishes. It is available with or without DAB but remember that DAB cannot be fitted to one later. I would be interested to see what happens if you put a DVD in an audio only model! Laughing Would it spin?
  • 06-16-2007 10:58 AM In reply to

• rippi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Sorry if asked before, but will this new version be SACD compatible ? Regards Harald
  • 06-16-2007 12:33 PM In reply to

rippi:
    Sorry if asked before, but will this new version be SACD compatible ? Regards Harald

I have been told "no" - but I haven't read the final spec's. 

• 06-16-2007 4:52 PM In reply to

rippi:

I don't think so. It is really a de-specced DVD one. All that changes is the socket box which has fewer connections. 

• 06-16-2007 6:39 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

If B&O would have wanted to jump onto the SACD train, they could and would have done that some time ago. I don't think there will ever be a B&O SACD player.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-17-2007 2:43 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

At least from my point of view SACD and DVD-Audio have no future exept in a very small niche. To be honest, I don't miss them at all as the current CD-fomrat has so much potential if the tonmeister has done his job...

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 06-17-2007 3:31 AM In reply to

kawo:

At least from my point of view SACD and DVD-Audio have no future exept in a very small niche. To be honest, I don't miss them at all as the current CD-fomrat has so much potential if the tonmeister has done his job...

Karsten 

Pity really, that the formats didn't build from the start. Most serious classical or jazz releases come in hybrid CD/SACD format now. And the difference between standard CD and SACD is very noticeable. One would think that a company such as B&O, which sells speakers, would have embraced the format. Not that hard to include SACD decoding in a player.

• 06-17-2007 8:48 AM In reply to

• Ericvr6
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 205
    • Bronze Member

Bulgarien:

BEOCENTER 2  Audio

A light version without DVD. Instead of a cabinet in aluminium are use brushed steel

Steel? the trik was very thin alu to control the buttons

• 06-17-2007 9:48 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Ericvr6:
    Bulgarien:

BEOCENTER 2  Audio

A light version without DVD. Instead of a cabinet in aluminium are use brushed steel

Steel? the trik was very thin alu to control the buttons

I thought that it was aluminium anodiced in steel color.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 06-17-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

• 06-17-2007 2:53 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:
    kawo:

Karsten 

Pity really, that the formats didn't build from the start. Most serious classical or jazz releases come in hybrid CD/SACD format now. And the difference between standard CD and SACD is very noticeable. One would think that a company such as B&O, which sells speakers, would have embraced the format. Not that hard to include SACD decoding in a player.

I agree, that there seems not to be a future for SACD players, but it is also true that you find more and more Hybrid SACDs on the classical and jazz market. But I doubt if this is going to stay that way. I think a regular CD offers more enough quality, but the problem is that often, the producers or engineers don't use all the potential of the disc. I notice a big difference between a refuarly recorded CD and the stereo layer of  an SACD, which should be the same as a regular CD. IMO, the point is that lots of labels want to keep the quality of regular CDs low, so that they have an argument for higher priced SACDs or similar. (Listen to the 4DDD records Deutsche Grammophon made at the end of the 1990s; why have they stopped recording in this way?)

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-17-2007 4:48 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

BeoCenter 2 DVD         29.000 Danish kr.

BeoCenter 2 Audio       25.000 Danish kr.

it proberly the aluminium finish that are change to steel look .  Its are very difficult to work with real  stainless steel.  

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)